VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It's the sequencing that's the issue. Signalling that the game is over and THEN signalling a free kick makes no sense at all.
Like when the rule changed for the ball hitting the goalpost - used to signal post, tap shoulder, behind. Now it snicks the inside of the post, everyone sees it goes through the goals, and the goalie stands there like a goose tapping their shoulder for a behind.

But like I said, the alternative you propose means everyone has a pile-on on the umpire because they "didn't hear the siren"...

Geez the vafa would be hoping for a good spectacle on Friday.

Premier grade grand finals to date have the winner beating the losers by a combined score of 266 to 83.

Well done to Haileybury and Carey but it’s not quite the showcase end to the season youd hope for

If the VAFA wants to continue its 3 week finals format, would it be a good idea if the 1st & 2nd semi finals in the Premier-Premier C was held on the same day in week 1, with the club that finishes 1st & 3rd at the end of the home and away season in their respective sections allowed to host the semi final, with only the preliminary in week 2 and grand finals in the 3rd week to be played at neutral venues?

Geez the vafa would be hoping for a good spectacle on Friday.

Premier grade grand finals to date have the winner beating the losers by a combined score of 266 to 83.

Well done to Haileybury and Carey but it’s not quite the showcase end to the season youd hope for
So did the losers have an off day or just not up to it in both grades?
If the later then I fear how they will go up a section 🤷🏼‍♂️. Before you all jump down my throat…..as I know it’s a VAFA thing but is it time to review the 2 up / down system?

Grand Final Honest Match Report

Ground - Fast and nearly perfect. Wind was not a real factor for either end.

OH v DLS

OH we’re favourites coming into the game and they showed why today.

Stronger bigger and cleaner all day.

The 3 young guns up front were just too good.
Bill Burr kicked 5, but is was Jones and Harrop who did the real damage.

Defensively OH were solid not giving any freebies to the DLS forwards.

Woodrow for DLS was again magnificent, but it looked like DLS spent all its tickets last week.

Fumbly all day, could take the marks when needed and field kicking was poor.

DLS just had a bad day.

The 2’s was a cracker of a game with the best team all year coming out on top.

OT’s skipper who doesn’t look like a footballer at all kicked two of the best goals seen at TBO.

DLS played catchup all day.

Favourites both deserved their wins.

Great to see the DLS player badly broke his leg at the game. A big smile, but was hurting with the games result.

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back