A Section VAFA Premier 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There Reserves have been winning Flags for years yet their 1's just avoided relegation. Top Reserves dont necessarily mean Top 1's.

Very true. I think the u19’s is a better reflection of where the infiltration will come.
A potential ressies flag will more be just a great result for the club. All flags are hard fought and rightly celebrated. 3 in the one year for the Claret and Stout would be fantastic. Fingers crossed for them. I have a little soft spot..

Very true. I think the u19’s is a better reflection of where the infiltration will come.
A potential ressies flag will more be just a great result for the club. All flags are hard fought and rightly celebrated. 3 in the one year for the Claret and Stout would be fantastic. Fingers crossed for them. I have a little soft spot..

Your right...A Grade Flags come from "gun" U19s who step straight up and in..Journeymen can run around in the 2's treading water, going no where. But thats fine, they are 2's players and always will be.

This new coach for the Claret and Stout is a rip snorter IMO. I’m thinking it may lead to big things at Toorak Park next year.
Not long ago..2018 was looking like a shocker for the X-Men. Relegation looking like a real possibility.
Fast forward a few months and suddenly the Claret and Stout will be searching for flag number 3 in the Ressies GF, after great victories last week at Box Hill in Premier U19’s and Ressie U19.
Youth flowing through!! Some are calling this new wave of kids a Tsunami. I’m not getting that crazy..yet!
Just need to reward this youth.
The corker will do this I believe.
I’m tipping the X-Men to be big next year. Very big.
Play on..

Not so sure the unders success now is what it used to be. & sides in premier section-seriously more sides make the finals than miss! Years gone by they were much harder to win-Beauy been doing very week in premier section unders for years yet couldn't survive in A grade.

I'm going for Collegians to reverse the result of last year's grand final, but rest assured the events of the 2nd semi final won't be forgotten about in a hurry.

Sent from my 4055T using Tapatalk

Your right...A Grade Flags come from "gun" U19s who step straight up and in..Journeymen can run around in the 2's treading water, going no where. But thats fine, they are 2's players and always will be.
Good post, SKOB have had 76 players roll through the under 19 Premier team this year but that didn’t help them win as their best 7 played seniors all year(and will again this weekend)with the next best 6 playing reserves all year. The reason? A diluted and vastly inferior under 19 competition from years gone past.

SKOB to go back to back lead by the youth revolution. Good luck to both teams, let’s hope the supporters behave themselves as well flat footy

Good post, SKOB have had 76 players roll through the under 19 Premier team this year but that didn’t help them win as their best 7 played seniors all year(and will again this weekend)with the next best 6 playing reserves all year. The reason? A diluted and vastly inferior under 19 competition from years gone past.

SKOB to go back to back lead by the youth revolution. Good luck to both teams, let’s hope the supporters behave themselves as well flat footy

I hear you stole a few off Ormond .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Satterley officially announced as Xavs coach tonight at Toorak Park. A recently delisted AFL player also spotted there who is apparently lacing them up next season. One of two high profile recruits already committing pre-2019 is the word. Interesting times around the Orrong ahead

Pushing this xavs agenda 45 ... going to take a few more years for them to discover form of years gone by. As an intent watcher on this year I struggled to see a club wide direction and will be surprised if all can be turned around in a year

Pushing this xavs agenda 45 ... going to take a few more years for them to discover form of years gone by. As an intent watcher on this year I struggled to see a club wide direction and will be surprised if all can be turned around in a year
Turned around? They missed finals by a game and a half. A mid-season exodus of players (although the same as a few clubs) and a coach leaving at round 3 doesn’t help. I’m pushing a VAFA agenda, nothing more nothing less. Best league in the land.

Xavs one of the best off field in the VAFA. Already appointed a well regarded coach. Will work hard to address playing stocks and be a Finals chance in 2019. Simply doing what all clubs try to do, and on the front foot while 2018 season still alive. Very smart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Xavs one of the best off field in the VAFA. Already appointed a well regarded coach. Will work hard to address playing stocks and be a Finals chance in 2019. Simply doing what all clubs try to do, and on the front foot while 2018 season still alive. Very smart.

This.
Will be back up top again.
Great kids coming through.
Will have 4-5 boom recruits.
The premiership drought (haven’t won one since way back in 2016 Lance Whitnall) will end in next year or two.

This.
The premiership drought (haven’t won one since way back in 2016 Lance Whitnall) will end in next year or two.

Absolutely love it hipster.

I am already hearing great things about the coaching appointment from the Xavs camp.

I hear you stole a few off Ormond .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Without knowing the exact players & junior history the school v junior club one can be a strange tricky situation with both parties claiming that they are "their" players.

I'm from a club in a lower division & someone said to me on sunday if you didnt go raiding a & b grade's kids you wouldnt have gone back to back, without knowing that all of them played at our junior club.

This.
Mr Hippster

They played with 36 points last game of the year versus Brahton's 22. Not too much room for many recruits. Granted that those points will naturally drop.

Max "For the luv of the game" Leader

Got a bit of a bad feeling regarding the live webcast of the William Buck Grand Final on Sunday, in that VAFATV and their production company that will supply the pictures will stuff it up with their strange camera locations and how they cover the game like they did last year out at Sandringham.

If you want a perfect example of how to do a Grand Final webcast professionally, look no further than last year's Eastern Football League GF webcast or the one done by the SAAFL with their grand final last season or the state game against Victoria earlier this year in Adelaide.

Mr Hippster

They played with 36 points last game of the year versus Brahton's 22. Not too much room for many recruits. Granted that those points will naturally drop.

Max "For the luv of the game" Leader

True Max. I think a few of the high numbers there may not be best 22 next year. Time will tell. But boom recruits there will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back