A Section VAFA Premier 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was played like an AFL game with players all at one end , but still great to watch. I really thought SKOBS should have been well in front , but they stopped and full credit to Wesley for the comeback. That free that should have gone to the winners for holding the ball late in the game, could have been costly , as Colls went down and kicked one, get rid of the 3 umps , does not work and with all players down one end the extra is not needed at this level we are not the AFL. The canteen is a joke , takes too long and there should be other alternatives and there was , but that run out early. Anyhow great season FTLOTG.

Gee, I’ve never read more crap in all my life. Get rid of the three umps? What is wrong with you?
1. The game yesterday was umpired very well with very few errors
2. The game yesterday was umpired by the top 3 ranked umpires throughout the year
3. How does getting rid of 3 help whatsoever? How does the system “not work”.
It worries me that people in our community think like this. We should be pushing the vafa to provide 3 umps to every one of our A grade games, not try to reduce it. We have many examples where the 3 umps have caught additional valid free kicks for us this year.
If you can’t deal with three field umps go to leagues like eastern or southern. You can go and get your vb stubbie and dim sim there’s too

Gee, I’ve never read more crap in all my life. Get rid of the three umps? What is wrong with you?
2. The game yesterday was umpired by the top 3 ranked umpires throughout the year
It worries me that people in our community think like this. We should be pushing the vafa to provide 3 umps to every one of our A grade games, not try to reduce it. We have many examples where the 3 umps have caught additional valid free kicks for us this year.
If you can’t deal with three field umps go to leagues like eastern or southern. You can go and get your vb stubbie and dim sim there’s too

FWIW, I follow the losing team and had no angst against the Umpires yesterday. Probably because they were the pic of the crop.
My only criticism of umpiring in general is that they are to far away from the play, or they continue to look into the sun when they could easily go the other side and get the sun on their backs. Otherwise, job well done yesterday...

Was that really you .

mr mcmahon anywhere in the vicinity? i

image mr hogan, mr mcmahon and mr chaos together. listening to two skobers moaning about the umpiring. throw you in to complete the triumvirate and that is what you would call an umpire bash fest.

congratulations on the skobers back-to-back. it is not and easy accomplishment.

wonder if they will keep the dual coaching set-up. let us hope they do not repeat the claret and stout misjudgement call.

As a casual observer of the men in Green, I knew they were in for a good day when the pinged Plugger at the centre bounce at the start of the game. He crossed the centre line and blocked the ruckmen from having a clear run at the ball. Plugger has got away with that one as much as Mick Blood did.

I agree, the Umps had good games, but given the congestion early, they should have been closer.

They didn't get sucked in by the niggle. They just kept the game going.

I believe Burbury's first goal actually hit the post.

Live stream was better, but they probably need the Boundary Umpires to slow down returning the ball to the centre to allow for a better replay of the goal. (My mum with an IPhone 3 could have done a better job than last year).

Max "Still remember '87 and '94 with fond memories" Leader

3 of them and they missed the most blatant holding the ball which could of got the BabySkobs the game and their reactions giving soft frees behind play, we don't have it during the year so don't use it now.

As a casual observer of the men in Green, I knew they were in for a good day when the pinged Plugger at the centre bounce at the start of the game. He crossed the centre line and blocked the ruckmen from having a clear run at the ball. Plugger has got away with that one as much as Mick Blood did.

I agree, the Umps had good games, but given the congestion early, they should have been closer.

They didn't get sucked in by the niggle. They just kept the game going.

I believe Burbury's first goal actually hit the post.

Live stream was better, but they probably need the Boundary Umpires to slow down returning the ball to the centre to allow for a better replay of the goal. (My mum with an IPhone 3 could have done a better job than last year).

Max "Still remember '87 and '94 with fond memories" Leader
I thought the umpires generally were poor, the Burbury howler setting the standard for them to follow all day long ending with the howler in the SKOB goal square with two minutes to go.

That shocking no decision turned what should have been a SKOB lead of 17 points into a Collegians goal and a lead of 5 points with a minute to go. No wonder flat footy thought they were ok.

Loving Mad Monday Chaos, regarding us being friends, we aren’t as close as Hippster and Hedge Fund but isn’t life great when SKOB win back to back Premier flags.

The forum has certainly gone quiet! Three flags in four years, what a fun time to be a VAFA lover.

Looking forward to the St Bernards boys heading back to Premier next year, what are the chances of an all Catholic final four lock out?

I’m around loving mad Monday. I’m always a little chirpy post an APS win.
All 10 clubs in A and B next year with Mighty Oggers moving up.
Play on..

mr mcmahon anywhere in the vicinity? i

image mr hogan, mr mcmahon and mr chaos together. listening to two skobers moaning about the umpiring. throw you in to complete the triumvirate and that is what you would call an umpire bash fest.

congratulations on the skobers back-to-back. it is not and easy accomplishment.

wonder if they will keep the dual coaching set-up. let us hope they do not repeat the claret and stout misjudgement call.

Only two? barking up the wrong tree there as hipster would say.

Is he going to persist with the lame "play on" hoping someone will bite?

Only two? barking up the wrong tree there as hipster would say.

Is he going to persist with the lame "play on" hoping someone will bite?

I’m not sure why anyone would bite. It means zilch. Its just a sign off.
Like ‘all things ammo’, FTLOTG, play on.
These aren’t the days to stress out. Keep enjoying a famous victory. A beer in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Play on..

I’m not sure why anyone would bite. It means zilch. Its just a sign off.
Like ‘all things ammo’, FTLOTG, play on.
These aren’t the days to stress out. Keep enjoying a famous victory. A beer in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Play on..
Did you manage to get a feed at the ground old mate , the roast Pork at the Wick was good value at $15 .

Did you manage to get a feed at the ground old mate , the roast Pork at the Wick was good value at $15 .

No old mate, I brought in a couple of chicken breast rolls after being a little disappointed the day before.
I slammed down a couple of juicy sausage rolls pre game on Saturday, but queue was a little long when i looked to double up later on, and my little trip to the pieman near the scoreboard ended with zero joy pie wise as she had run out.
Anyhows, thought it was best to come prepared on Sunday. Hard to beat a couple of nice bakers delight rolls stuffed with a woolys chook.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving Mad Monday Chaos, regarding us being friends, we aren’t as close as Hippster and Hedge Fund but isn’t life great when SKOB win back to back Premier flags.

The forum has certainly gone quiet! Three flags in four years, what a fun time to be a VAFA lover.

Looking forward to the St Bernards boys heading back to Premier next year, what are the chances of an all Catholic final four lock out?
Interesting question. There is some comparison with Bernards playing I think three u19's in their final win and blooding a number of others throughout the year. They need to keep them and stop the EDFL clubs calling with their cheque books.

I went hungry. For some reason there was no umps luncheon, and the odd plate of party pies was vacuumed up like seagulls fighting over a chip. So my time was spent in vain waiting for the queue to diminish. Were they offering Wick burgers or have they disappeared with the renovation?

No old mate, I brought in a couple of chicken breast rolls after being a little disappointed the day before.
I slammed down a couple of juicy sausage rolls pre game on Saturday, but queue was a little long when i looked to double up later on, and my little trip to the pieman near the scoreboard ended with zero joy pie wise as she had run out.
Anyhows, thought it was best to come prepared on Sunday. Hard to beat a couple of nice bakers delight rolls stuffed with a woolys chook.
And the pie stand at the scoreboard end run out yesterday as well , she must have put about 2 doz in.

I went hungry. For some reason there was no umps luncheon, and the odd plate of party pies was vacuumed up like seagulls fighting over a chip. So my time was spent in vain waiting for the queue to diminish. Were they offering Wick burgers or have they disappeared with the renovation?
Disappeared .

Also the way the game was played with massive packs of players the 3rd ump in the middle was redundant .
Do always talk trash or is it only when you talk umpiring? Every time i come on here all i see is you bagging them why ? Are you bitter about something? Or do you have nothing better to do ?? Give it a rest mate !! All 3 grand finals on the weekens had no impact from umps, A grade was a spectacular game and the other two both very one sided results. So can you please change topic OR if you insist on having a crack at our fluro odd ball friends at least make it funny. Times have changed this is not 1976 but i have a feeling your mindset is still stuck in those days.

#HowGoodsOffSeason
#BringOnPreSeason
#ButForNowItsTimeForABeer
#Cheers

Do always talk trash or is it only when you talk umpiring? Every time i come on here all i see is you bagging them why ? Are you bitter about something? Or do you have nothing better to do ?? Give it a rest mate !! All 3 grand finals on the weekens had no impact from umps, A grade was a spectacular game and the other two both very one sided results. So can you please change topic OR if you insist on having a crack at our fluro odd ball friends at least make it funny. Times have changed this is not 1976 but i have a feeling your mindset is still stuck in those days.

#HowGoodsOffSeason
#BringOnPreSeason
#ButForNowItsTimeForABeer
#Cheers
I'm not bagging them, i'm bagging all of a sudden we have 3 when we play the season with 2.

I'm not bagging them, i'm bagging all of a sudden we have 3 when we play the season with 2.

Bodders

Premier A 2018

Round 1 1 Game with 3 Fields
Round 2 2 Games with 3 fields
Round 3 2 Games with 3 fields
Round 4 3 Games with 3 fields
Round 5 2 Games with 3 fields
Round 6 2 Games with 3 fields

All of a sudden Old Chap!

Helps to have the facts before you load the slingshot?
Nice to meet you Sunday as well.

THE EYE
:(

You must be suffering some memory loss. Was only yesterday you were "bleeding" about a blatant holding the ball that you say could have cost Skobs the game...If thats not bagging umpiring I dont know what is..

Bodders

Premier A 2018

Round 1 1 Game with 3 Fields
Round 2 2 Games with 3 fields
Round 3 2 Games with 3 fields
Round 4 3 Games with 3 fields
Round 5 2 Games with 3 fields
Round 6 2 Games with 3 fields

All of a sudden Old Chap!

Helps to have the facts before you load the slingshot?
Nice to meet you Sunday as well.

THE EYE
:(

Probably still shit faced after the Monds flag . Did you really meet him ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You must be suffering some memory loss. Was only yesterday you were "bleeding" about a blatant holding the ball that you say could have cost Skobs the game...If thats not bagging umpiring I dont know what is..
He’s entitled to his opinion just as you are entitled to your opinion, this is what a forum is for. I tend to agree with him, two umpires is enough in local footy games otherwise theres too many different interpretations.

Well done to the Micks for winning on Sunday, were Collegians victims of their own arrogance or St Kevins too good?

He’s entitled to his opinion just as you are entitled to your opinion, this is what a forum is for. I tend to agree with him, two umpires is enough in local footy games otherwise theres too many different interpretations.

Well done to the Micks for winning on Sunday, were Collegians victims of their own arrogance or St Kevins too good?

He sure is entitled to his own opinion, he should just be careful that he doesnt contradict himself.

I'll reign in my initial call on the umps, was a tad harsh. They didn't have a shocker, they just consistently let it go which can be a good thing at times, and 'holding the ball' rule wasn't really applied unless a player was on top of the ball/dragged it in and was jumped on by a pack. Actual tackles that resulted in dropping it were let go on a few occasions - the glaring one that got me and many others was the goal square one which is a free kick 9 times out of 10. We all make mistakes however, overall they were fine.

I agree there Vince that there was a very high level of confidence coming out of the Collegians camp which can be taken a couple of ways. In the end their attempts to rough up a young SKOB were wasted, I'm still marvelling at how young that SKOB team were yet how unfazed by the pressure. Farrugia down back stepping up in Critchley's absence was huge, if he stays in the VAFA he will become one of the great backmen of the comp in years to come. Very impressive kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back