A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

1906a.jpg

Changing tip to Wesley OTP. Couple of nice ins. Perhaps these guys can finish 4th. Starting to look stronger by the week.

Smart move. And the first draw of the season between OB and Carey means everyone is dudded by one pick. The only real difference in tips results was Blues vs Xavs. Bagman and Woger join Bedford in snapping at JoeP's heels!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kevins still the team to beat...
Uni Blues clearly the challenger....
Xavs next best....
Collegians and OM's will fight for 4th position on talent...
That's my take....

I'm sorry but this 50m penalty rule change from 25m needs to be revisited....There were 3-4 paid yesterday at the Trott on both sides which resulted in goals for minor offences i.e a bloke accidently dropped the ball when giving it back to the player...and just watching the Trinity v Brighton replay Trinity got a 50 for basically nothing mid way through the last quarter which resulted in a goal and completely changed the momentum of the game....just doesn't seem right for out comp this 50m rule

I'm sorry but this 50m penalty rule change from 25m needs to be revisited....There were 3-4 paid yesterday at the Trott on both sides which resulted in goals for minor offences i.e a bloke accidently dropped the ball when giving it back to the player...and just watching the Trinity v Brighton replay Trinity got a 50 for basically nothing mid way through the last quarter which resulted in a goal and completely changed the momentum of the game....just doesn't seem right for out comp this 50m rule
Totally agree , why would they change it.

I know it’s not the thread, but try 50 metre penalty in Women’s football. In a recent game I saw, one team had 3 50 metre penalties that resulted in 3 goals. None of the penalties were warranted, but a 25 metre penalty, the goals would have been problematic.

There was no reason for its introduction. Most grounds it guarantees a goal.

Max “we still won the game” Leader

Yeah i agree these fluro odd balls just love to pay free kicks for nothing and i hear the overlords pay them extra money if they keep games close. On a serious note was the Draw a close battle all day or a come from behind and almost win it type game ?

Yeah i agree these fluro odd balls just love to pay free kicks for nothing and i hear the overlords pay them extra money if they keep games close. On a serious note was the Draw a close battle all day or a come from behind and almost win it type game ?
Quite a lot of draws see one team come from behind and almost win it.

The Army - It was pretty close for most of the afternoon, Brighton got it out to 4 goals during the 3rd quarter and had the chance to again in the first few minutes of the 4th term. Trinity had to do most of the chasing all of the afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back