A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please drop the SKOBAFL crap Max, they have had one ex AFL in their team for most of the year.

It’s been their nickname now for years. Nicknames stick. It’s a fun one. SKOB went out and recruited lots of AFL talent like Gilham, Strauss, Jamar and many many more and were great at it. Flags followed. Embrace it.
I love the SKOBAFL.
Will be great to have Brown back post marathon. He and Waite must form the greatest SKOBAFL of them all.
Exciting indeed.

Tuesday Wash-Up from 45:

After a third of the season, it's well and truly a three horse race. SKOBAFL now favourites, then UNIAFL and OXAFL even.

SKOBAFL: Speed, skill, youth and the best star power. Their own form could be their greatest weakness, with their best players always knocking on the door of VFL. Have been to the big dance and won two years straight now, no matter the circumstance they'll be the hardest team to beat come September. And big boy Waite...good luck when he's rolling.

UNIAFL: Hardness at the contest, experience, and star power. Depth could prove a weakness as the season rolls on, reserves side and 19's not much chop.

OXAFL: Aside from a lacklustre second quarter at UNIAFL, they have a brand of strong contested footy and speed on the outside and in defence. Their best footy will stand up in the big games. However, did play a weak SKOBAFL side which will be totally different next time. Handley will prove crucial as a focal point up forward. Depth much the same as SKOBAFL, many good enough in the Reserves and U/19 sides. Have had multiple key players injured that have been ably covered, but all looking for a return in the coming weeks.

OM's and COLLEGIANS to fight it out for the last spot, St Bernards and Old Brahton a chance if the Gods are nice to the Free Folk of the Snakepit and Bayside. OLD CAREY look set for the dreaded drop, whilst it is looking like round 18 will decide the fate of the Bellers and Hedgeburners who play one another.

2019 all dependent on personnel available (nothing new) and that double bye is crucial for all the laddies who love their European Summers. Hopefully not too many games are missed.

45 /

Last edited:
Tuesday Wash-Up from 45:

After a third of the season, it's well and truly a three horse race. SKOBAFL now favourites, then UNIAFL and OXAFL even.

SKOBAFL: Speed, skill, youth and the best star power. Their own form could be their greatest weakness, with their best players always knocking on the door of VFL. Have been to the big dance and won two years straight now, no matter the circumstance they'll be the hardest team to beat come September. And big boy Waite...good luck when he's rolling.

UNIAFL: Hardness at the contest, experience, and star power. Depth could prove a weakness as the season rolls on, reserves side and 19's not much chop.

OXAFL: Aside from a lacklustre second quarter at UNIAFL, they have a brand of strong contested footy and speed on the outside and in defence. Their best footy will stand up in the big games. However, did play a weak SKOBAFL side which will be totally different next time. Handley will prove crucial as a focal point up forward. Depth much the same as SKOBAFL, many good enough in the Reserves and U/19 sides. Have had multiple key players injured that have been ably covered, but all looking for a return in the coming weeks.

OM's and COLLEGIANS to fight it out for the last spot, St Bernards and Old Brahton a chance if the Gods are nice to the Free Folk of the Snakepit and Bayside. OLD CAREY look set for the dreaded drop, whilst it is looking like round 18 will decide the fate of the Bellers and Hedgeburners who play one another.

2019 all dependent on personnel available (nothing new) and that double bye is crucial for all the laddies who love their European Summers. Hopefully not too many games are missed.

45 /

Brilliant 45/!!
I love a wrap / I miss a run down...like the deserts miss the rain..and I miss you..
Agree with your top 3. Hippbet has them:
SKOBAFL $2.40
Blues $3.60
Xavs $3.60
Not saying it’s SKOBAFL’s to lose, but they are my strong favourite. The marathon man is a freak. And Waite is not far behind.
I’m starting to like Wesley for the 4. Been on the Snowdogs for a while, but perhaps I was a little premature with this. Wesley have a strong team who have been there. We must remember how close they have been. They could very easily be going for 3 in a row this year. Quite the hard luck story really.
Carey and De La will drop. Hedgeburners (for you OTP) aren’t nearly as bad as they are.

Brilliant 45/!!
I love a wrap / I miss a run down...like the deserts miss the rain..and I miss you..
Agree with your top 3. Hippbet has them:
SKOBAFL $2.40
Blues $3.60
Xavs $3.60
Not saying it’s SKOBAFL’s to lose, but they are my strong favourite. The marathon man is a freak. And Waite is not far behind.
I’m starting to like Wesley for the 4. Been on the Snowdogs for a while, but perhaps I was a little premature with this. Wesley have a strong team who have been there. We must remember how close they have been. They could very easily be going for 3 in a row this year. Quite the hard luck story really.
Carey and De La will drop. Hedgeburners (for you OTP) aren’t nearly as bad as they are.
Maplebet had better odds.

Collegians by 5 Points
OM's by 18 Points
St Kevin's by 70 Points
Blues by 102 Points
Xavs by 80 Points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the VAFA podcast and BF local Brian Waldron:

Gus borthwick got suspended for 2 weeks down from 3 two weeks ago against st Bernard’s. But the umpire who red carded him was “on parental duty” so couldn’t provide evidence. So Borthwick played, was BOG against de la, and conspiracy is OM’s didn’t want to name him in the best. He’s now at the tribunal tonight. Bizarre

45 /

According to the VAFA podcast and BF local Brian Waldron:

Gus borthwick got suspended for 2 weeks down from 3 two weeks ago against st Bernard’s. But the umpire who red carded him was “on parental duty” so couldn’t provide evidence. So Borthwick played, was BOG against de la, and conspiracy is OM’s didn’t want to name him in the best. He’s now at the tribunal tonight. Bizarre

45 /
Borthwick got off so there goes the conspiracy theory

Some interesting stats regarding players used now that we are one third of the way through the season.

Old Brighton 29
Uni Blues 30
OM’s, De La and Old Carey 31
St Bernard’s and Old Xavs 32
Collegians 34
Old Trinity 36
St Kevin’s 38.

If we then compare this with where each team’s respective reserves sits on the ladder it doesn’t paint a good picture for Old Carey. Hopefully for their sake their seniors start winning some games before they get a heap of injuries.

1BAC493C-90CB-4400-A98C-037D573C633E.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back