A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good call re OLD CAREY DH23. Middle of the year will be disastrous for this mob. Word is the OXAFL boys got a serious rocket post-game and at training all week. Massive day for the club on their calendar and at Toorak Park...I fear for the Panthers, and especially in the reserves. Will Hams making his debut, and I heard Alex Browne might be back - for the long run the VAFA hopes. One I like is Banting back from injury (up there with Lappin as most talented young keys in the comp IMO), assumably for the job on Jacksh. A positive for Carey is Henry Schade back from injury who you'd think would go to Handley - due for a serious tally. Six or seven of OXAFL's best 22 are missing. Arnott debuting is big. The SKOBAFL train rolls on, express to Elsternwick.

45 /

Arnott. Wow..these guys don’t muck around. SKOBafl numbers will always be high as they do benefit greatly from having VFL players play for them from time to time. Very fortunate. As are other clubs who benefit from this.
Agree that Carey are in trouble this week. A rebounding Claret and Stout at Toorak Park. This will get ugly.

RSN broadcasting Premier B...some sort of sick joke when we’ve got some of the best quality amateur football around these days in the premier section and a vastly even comp.. can’t take anything to the grave

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
JoePignataro what is the meaning of this?! I would've had it on the T Boys and Collegians...that one will go down to the wire. Understandable they want to share the love around all of the VAFA...but come on. It should be exclusively Premier for the brand to seriously grow.

45 /

Matt Arnott maybe to debut for SKOBAFL

Assume ‘The Biscuit” is still playing for Port? Mazenod old boy and they could sure use him right now. Anyone know why he left OM’s? Chasing success or simply not happy? Not many people don’t get along with Nathan Brown and from all reports a ripping bloke.

Interesting post about the possible OX departure. If it is the one I’m thinking off can confirm he is not an old boy and he did entertain a move in the off season as not entirely happy at TP. Not 100% sure but understand he is also a product of a school with a club in the middle rungs? Likewise I am sure they could do with his services.

Assume ‘The Biscuit” is still playing for Port? Mazenod old boy and they could sure use him right now. Anyone know why he left OM’s? Chasing success or simply not happy? Not many people don’t get along with Nathan Brown and from all reports a ripping bloke.

Interesting post about the possible OX departure. If it is the one I’m thinking off can confirm he is not an old boy and he did entertain a move in the off season as not entirely happy at TP. Not 100% sure but understand he is also a product of a school with a club in the middle rungs? Likewise I am sure they could do with his services.
Was a serviceable player last year from all reports, just a victim of the boom recruiting, and development of young guns that have come into the side. Definitely good enough to play senior football elsewhere. Does put into perspective how much a spot on a some VFL lists means in the grand scheme of things...not much.

Assume ‘The Biscuit” is still playing for Port? Mazenod old boy and they could sure use him right now. Anyone know why he left OM’s? Chasing success or simply not happy?
Ask Joey and Nick, they’ll fill you in 😉
It’s the second time in two posts you’ve mentioned he’s a Mazenod Old Boy, who cares? He left because he wanted to play with a Catholic club, with SKOB being the obvious Catholic club of choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ask Joey and Nick, they’ll fill you in 😉
It’s the second time in two posts you’ve mentioned he’s a Mazenod Old Boy, who cares? He left because he wanted to play with a Catholic club, with SKOB being the obvious Catholic club of choice.

Just relax their Doug and stop speaking BS. You are the first to reference school/club of origin when it suits you. Were pretty quick to mention that the OX bloke was originally from Blackburn.

Re the Biscuit - was mentioned only in the context that Mazenod are struggling and would benefit from a player of his quality. Of course he is going to choose SKOB. Why wouldn't he. Very strong and well run club in all respects and a 3rd flag beckons. But is religion really a factor here?

Joey - if you feel so inclined please enlighten us as to the actual reason.

Speaking of the Nodders, as well as Arnott they could also use the Mazenod blokes running around at SBMT, although Vince may disagree.

Last edited:
The RSN Broadcast of Premier B tomorrow is in conjunction with Old Scotch being rewarded the My Sport Live grant a few weeks ago, they won the grant and as far as I'm aware approached HQ about getting the commentary team to the live stream as well & therefore I'll be out there calling the action.

Considering the week Scotch has had off the field + the fact both Scotch & Blacks are in the top 3 of Premier B it's hardly a "sick joke" - They've both been in Premier A in recent years and played finals.

We've broadcast Trinity in consecutive weeks, last week HQ was questioned about broadcasting Brighton v Trinity over Blues v Xav's, we now know how both games panned out. I'll still be going around the grounds & mentioning all the Premier A games, they definitely won't be forgotten. Hope that helps

The RSN Broadcast of Premier B tomorrow is in conjunction with Old Scotch being rewarded the My Sport Live grant a few weeks ago, they won the grant and as far as I'm aware approached HQ about getting the commentary team to the live stream as well & therefore I'll be out there calling the action.

Considering the week Scotch has had off the field + the fact both Scotch & Blacks are in the top 3 of Premier B it's hardly a "sick joke" - They've both been in Premier A in recent years and played finals.

We've broadcast Trinity in consecutive weeks, last week HQ was questioned about broadcasting Brighton v Trinity over Blues v Xav's, we now know how both games panned out. I'll still be going around the grounds & mentioning all the Premier A games, they definitely won't be forgotten. Hope that helps
Joe,

What about us in lowly C Grade???

Joe,

What about us in lowly C Grade???

You're welcome to put in a submission to HQ Max. I'm not involved in the selection of games - I've been asked to host the coverage & call the game, I'll go where I'm sent & do the best job possible to give the whole VAFA competition the exposure it deserves

As you all know, if it was up to me - I'd have 18 consecutive Bernard's games - Reserves & seniors #WallToWallCoverage ;)

Old Brighton over Old Melburnians
Old Trinity over Collegians
Uni Blues over De La Salle
St Kevin's will be too strong at TH King over my boys (Pains me to say)
Old Xavier over Old Carey

Friday lunch time and it’s all happening on the BF front. Don’t let the boss catch you when you’re back on the clock fellas!!

45 /
Most of us here work for ourselves,
except of course if you’re an Old Xav who either sells Commerical Real Estate or works for the AFL.
You’ll never get rich working for someone else! 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back