A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yes. That's how the degree on my wall reads, but neither I, nor any of my alumni, ever called it that.

Edit: presume you lived in at Ormond or Trinity after finishing at Grammar?

Nice try but actually not one part of what you say is accurate. My alumni call it by its proper name.

Nice try but actually not one part of what you say is accurate. My alumni call it by its proper name.

Ok Cap’n. Guess the Grammar does things it’s own way. Me and the blokes I went to uni with all caught a tram down Swanston St to train at Swan St. Things improved once work started.

Did you really say I went/go to the “University of Melbourne”? Seriously?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Ok Cap’n. Guess the Grammar does things it’s own way. Me and the blokes I went to uni with all caught a tram down Swanston St to train at Swan St. Things improved once work started.

Did you really say I went/go to the “University of Melbourne”? Seriously?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No , we used the correct title "The University of Melbourne" not unlike The Geelong College.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edit: Removed quoted deleted post - OTP

Gee thats a bit tough. I know hedgefund and doughogan have enjoyed my company over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:
IN BLACK AND WHITE!
Sent: 16 February 2016 2:56 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: Football Operations Update

Good Afternoon to all Club Secretaries,

Please thoroughly read through the following important information and distribute to your club members accordingly.

Player Points System

AFL Victoria Sustainability Program
Please find attached to this email, the AFL Victoria Sustainability Program PDF.

Player Points Calculator
Please find attached to this email, the AFL Victoria Player Points Calculator.

Schools
For a player to qualify for a school as his 'home club' and therefore a 1 point, he must have played school football and been at the school for a minimum of 2 years.

Universities
For a player to qualify for a university as his 'home club' and therefore a 1 point, he must be currently studying at the aligned university. If Alumni players played at your club whilst completing study, they are a 1 point player.

Exemptions
As the VAFA is unique and has alignments that are different to any other league in Australia, Clubs have the ability to apply directly to the VAFA to seek exemption or point deductions.

Well done Blue,
That was what l was led to believe, 2 years at the school to qualify.
Xavs would have known, self assessed and have made a blue. Penalty required for exceeding points. End of story.

Missed last weeks tips so here goes.
Old Brighton
Old Trinity
Collegians
Uni Blues
De La

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well done Blue,
Xavs would have known, self assessed and have made a blue. Penalty required for exceeding points. End of story.

Old Brighton
Old Trinity
Collegians
Uni Blues
De La

Coll v Skobs is going to be a "thriller / diller". Heart says Colls but Head goes Skobs.
The ground will be a picture and weather looks very friendly.......

OB to beat Snowdogs by 36
Trinity to beat Carey by 60
SKOBS in an upset (the margin) by 40
Xavs by 7 in a thriller
De La to prevail at home by 10

Well done Blue,

Old Brighton
Old Trinity
Collegians
Uni Blues
De La

Unsure how an email to club secretaries from over three years ago with a few advisory points can become legislation, especially when a penalty isn't advised. (The rules also conclude that all player point allocations are reviewed by the association).

The VAFA has erred considerably here, hopefully they actually put something in the rules so this doesn't happen again.

Unsure how an email to club secretaries from over three years ago with a few advisory points can become legislation, especially when a penalty isn't advised. (The rules also conclude that all player point allocations are reviewed by the association).

The VAFA has erred considerably here, hopefully they actually put something in the rules so this doesn't happen again.

Indeed. The VAFA has let the Claret and Stouts down here. Come on Association of the Victorian Amateur Football. Lift!!

Move on fellas....how salivating are the match-ups here for 3 v 4...! Let alone 1 v 2!

Coll v Skobs is going to be a "thriller / diller". Heart says Colls but Head goes Skobs.
The ground will be a picture and weather looks very friendly.......
Should be a belter this one....by the sounds of things SKOB will field arguably their strongest side of the year with Waite, Gleeson and Adducci back and VFL boys Seaton and Wood surely in the mix to maybe come back as well....I hear poor old Lachy Farrugia after playing Young guns last weekend can't even get back in! The Lions looking pretty strong as well....some great match-ups around the ground here...as per normal when these sides meet you'd expect the midfield battle of Lynch, Wood, Sullivan, Holden and co v Darrou, Hibbins, Hylton, Michie and co to go a long way to determining the outcome...the forward lines and back lines looked relatively evenly matched on paper...time will tell...

Tough tipping week.

Will go for Brighton at home. But not confident. I almost cavened in and went Snowdogs.
Hedgeburners comfortably against the Panthers.
SKOBAFL by 2 goals in a ring dinger.
The Gazmen in a toss of the coin game at the Bell. Tough game to tip.
And i will tip the Blues in a thriller against the Claret and Stout.
Will be a great weekend of classic Ammos Footy!!

Tough tipping week.

Will go for Brighton at home. But not confident. I almost cavened in and went Snowdogs.
Hedgeburners comfortably against the Panthers.
SKOBAFL by 2 goals in a ring dinger.
The Gazmen in a toss of the coin game at the Bell. Tough game to tip.
And i will tip the Blues in a thriller against the Claret and Stout.
Will be a great weekend of classic Ammos Footy!!
OB
OM
OT
SKOB
UB

St Bernard's to beat Brighton away
Old Trinity over Old Carey
Collegians at home against St Kevin's
De La Salle at home over Old Melburnians
Old Xavs to beat Uni Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.