Vale Gentleman Jim - Pay your respects in this thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Woah just heard the news on the radio. sent shivers down my spine. gonna make for a dull day! RIP Jim. Blessings with his family and friends.

Words can't express how gutted I am...

Your legacy will not be defined by the cancer that took your life, but by the determination, strength and courage you have demonstrated.

R.I.P Jim Stynes, champion footballer, unbelievable man. You have inspired us all

True legend of not only the MFC but society in general.

Even when seriously ill he still continued to give to the club and to those less fortunate through Reach.

RIP Jim - you will never be forgotten.

Just heard it on the radio at work. My heart sunk.
R.I.P Jim, you have changed the lives of many and will continue to do so for many years to come

Not just Dees supporters finding today to be a tough one in the office. I'm glad no-one was in when I heard the news :( Only a truly exceptional person could be so much larger than life when already a giant to begin with!

Shocking that two blokes (Jimmy and Sean) who played such a big part in defining Footy in the 80's for so many are both gone so close together.

RIP Jim, taken far too soon. At peace now. Heroes get remembered... But legends never die.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah shit. Terrible news. Rest easy Big Jim.....

Really an inspirational battle, will be missed greatly in the wider footbal community. Good luck to Sam and his family in what must be a very difficult time.

Fantastic to see people from all clubs rally around Melbourne FC and the AFL in general to pay thier respects.

RIP Jimmy.

One of the best.

Re: Gentleman Jim

Every heart beats true for the red and the blue today for Jim.

RIP to a warrior, a fighter, a champion bloke, a legend of our great game, a husband, a father, a son, and an all round gentleman.

RIP Jim.

I will not forget our meetings and all our talks. You were an inspiration and the world is a lot sadder with your passing today. It was a true pleasure to know you mate.

You may be gone too soon, but your spirit lives on, and your legend will only grow. You are etched in our hearts forever.

Condolences to Sam and family. This is a sad day for the passing of a great man.

Rest In Peace mate, you are now at peace and free from pain.

Re: Gentleman Jim

What can be said or added?
Only an absolute Cretin would not feel a little
poor today. Great man, Great fighter and a Great player.

RIP Mr Stynes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale Gentleman Jim - Pay your respects in this thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back