VB (inc. achilles injury discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get this point?

They were in Melbourne for Brent Reilly bucks show last weekend. Nothing to do with Broome.
That's where vb and his partner met betts and his partner on holidays, it was mentioned in an article posted above somewhere.

It is obvious - his form was woeful and those comparable in form to him were dropped.

VB had ONE 4 games period without getting B&F votes (R9-12). In each those games, at least 9 other players didn't poll votes either (so he wasn't alone).

After the bye, he polled votes in 7/10 games. If he was close to being dropped, why was he consistently receiving votes from the coaches?

VB had ONE 4 games period without getting B&F votes (R9-12). In each those games, at least 9 other players didn't poll votes either (so he wasn't alone).

After the bye, he polled votes in 7/10 games. If he was close to being dropped, why was he consistently receiving votes from the coaches?

if there is a win, 99% of players get votes. In a loss, only the good players get them.

if there is a win, 99% of players get votes. In a loss, only the good players get them.

Incorrect. But hey, change the goalposts all you like. Number of wins never came into the equation.

VB got votes in 10 games, 3 were losses.

We averaged votes for 13 players in losses, and 19 in wins.

How many votes did he poll in those games?

How was his votes per games compared to the players that were dropped due to poor form?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incorrect. But hey, change the goalposts all you like. Number of wins never came into the equation.

VB got votes in 10 games, 3 were losses.

We averaged votes for 13 players in losses, and 19 in wins.

Are you seriously saying he shouldn't have been dropped? He lost to a handful of players that played 5-10 less games than him in the BnF. Yea he performed well

Removing substitute games, I think tambling averaged more votes per game. Happy to be proven wrong though.

There is no doubt that Dangerfield has become the public face of the club. Not unexpected - he's our best player, good looking and has well groomed PR skills. He's also our most highly paid player (assumption).

One way the club has of paying him outside the salary cap is the "Additional Service Agreement". It's a slush fund of around $700k, for payment to the player(s) for doing marketing work for the club, in addition to their normal football duties. My guess is that Dangerfield is probably in line to claim around $300k of this, all outside the salary cap. This is why we see him doing jobs like this, ceremonially handing out jumpers to new recruits. It has nothing to do with club leadership and everything to do with remuneration.

I'm happy to make a small wager with you - but it's not open to everyone on the board. Just a small one-to-one bet. We can sort it out via PM though, taking it off the boards. Note that I will be offline for long periods in the next 5 weeks due to work commitments (the reason why I quit as moderator), so don't think I'm being rude if you don't get a quick response.

Danger is being groomed for the role, and is a worthy if not the best choice. This however is no reason to give VB the shellacking he receives on here.

If we think Danger's time is now, great, surely that doesn't mean we have to denigrate VB.

it hurts to say, but you cant say Poort did not make the right choice in handing the captaincy over to Boak and on field leader something Cassisi (and VB) are not.

Sound great now, but was Boak ready previously. Cassisi played the role until he was ready. Ask Jack Trengrove if its the right decision to be promoted before your time.

Remove this Banner Ad

VB (inc. achilles injury discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back