VFL VFL 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next game Cats vs Box Hill at the MCG at 11.45am, before the AFL, let's hope it's a better 5 hours than last game
I think Box Hill is a better team so no joy for VFL….but surely the AFL bounces back against the Hawks who are genuinely ordinary! (yes I know we lost to them last year but…)

I think Box Hill is a better team so no joy for VFL….but surely the AFL bounces back against the Hawks who are genuinely ordinary! (yes I know we lost to them last year but…)
Looking at their round 1 team they've got a good smattering of AFL experience but it's nothing close to what Gold Coast put out there last week. We should at least expect to be competitive.

I always find the VFL coach summary interesting, especially a few days after the game. Maybe I read too much into it but often they highlight particular AFL listed players who have a chance to get back to AFL team. This week he mentioned Parfitt, Simpson and Neale. Personally I thought Simpson was pretty poor (other than effort - 6 tackles) but it looks like he was “under the weather”.

Maybe those three are in the mix for any changes this week? Dempsey nor Knevitte not mentioned - so maybe not in the mix. Again I could be reading too much into it given the context of the comment was about senior leadership for the young guys…

I always find the VFL coach summary interesting, especially a few days after the game. Maybe I read too much into it but often they highlight particular AFL listed players who have a chance to get back to AFL team. This week he mentioned Parfitt, Simpson and Neale. Personally I thought Simpson was pretty poor (other than effort - 6 tackles) but it looks like he was “under the weather”.

Maybe those three are in the mix for any changes this week? Dempsey nor Knevitte not mentioned - so maybe not in the mix. Again I could be reading too much into it given the context of the comment was about senior leadership for the young guys…
Need to start giving Neale some games, i hope Simpson don't get back in yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one certainty with this club is that every long-awaited return from injury comes with its own 'what the?' moment, as another player exits stage left with an unspecified ailment.

IN: Willis 😃
OUT: Neale :sadv1:

The one certainty with this club is that every long-awaited return from injury comes with its own 'what the?' moment, as another player exits stage left with an unspecified ailment.

IN: Willis 😃
OUT: Neale :sadv1:
Neale I had heard nothing!! Crickets!!

At least we now know why Neale wasn’t considered for the senior side - Shannon Neale (Injured)
Was going to go back and check the health update in case I missed something - then thought what a waste of my time…!

At least we now know why Neale wasn’t considered for the senior side - Shannon Neale (Injured)
oh FFS....

I reckon he rolled his ankle in teh ruck last week... he went down for a bit but then kept going.

Needs an even break does my boy MR Neale

GO Catters

Does anyone know what Neale has injured?
Whats wrong with Mullin?
And what about big Phoenix?

The old Geelong injury report back to the old ways in not giving good updates

And Ginbey

Reuben was realistically going nowhere except wce with the go home factor.

Phillipou will be a good player and i was big on him pre draft but clark is a better fit for the type of player our list needs and a much safer pick in general (with leadership written all over him which the club historically loves) so i can see why we went that way. I have no doubt clark will play 200 games for us.

Does anyone know what Neale has injured?
Whats wrong with Mullin?
And what about big Phoenix?

The old Geelong injury report back to the old ways in not giving good updates
not sure about Neale but Geelong are pretty renowned recently for holding back their youngsters until they are right. e.g Willis, Kreuger

Mullin and Phoenix might just be ensuring that everything is 100%

not sure about Neale but Geelong are pretty renowned recently for holding back their youngsters until they are right. e.g Willis, Kreuger

Mullin and Phoenix might just be ensuring that everything is 100%
How long are they prepared to hold back Kroeger for? Another year? Iirc he's played 1 VFL game since he was drafted in 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back