VFL VFL 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends how tight we are for spots. We might not have anyone else to use the spot on
There's a point. We could be looking at at least 4 retirements with only a first round pick and nothing until later. He might be safe regardless.

There's a point. We could be looking at at least 4 retirements with only a first round pick and nothing until later. He might be safe regardless.

Agree. Plus when you factor in the club's propensity for sticking with injured players for as long as possible (see: Cowan, Josh), I think he's probably safe for the time being. There's already four players who in my estimation are basically guaranteed (90% chance or more) to be gone at the end of the year:

Ceglar (retired)
Tuohy (retired)
Smith (retired)
Simpson (delisted)

And then a bunch of players who I see as a 50% coin-flip as to whether they finish up or not:

Rohan (retired)
Menegola (trade/retired)
Hawkins (retired)

We have older players likely to retire and only one pick inside 80 i doubt we will cut too heavily into the list this year.

Agree. Plus when you factor in the club's propensity for sticking with injured players for as long as possible (see: Cowan, Josh), I think he's probably safe for the time being. There's already four players who in my estimation are basically guaranteed (90% chance or more) to be gone at the end of the year:

Ceglar (retired)
Tuohy (retired)
Smith (retired)
Simpson (delisted)

And then a bunch of players who I see as a 50% coin-flip as to whether they finish up or not:

Rohan (retired)
Menegola (trade/retired)
Hawkins (retired)

Menegola will leave via FA rather than trade but i agree with the rest of your list.

I also think stanley (although we probably want to convince him to go on given our thin ruck stocks) and rohan are potential retirements and parf and sav are potential trades.

We have older players likely to retire and only one pick inside 80 i doubt we will cut too heavily into the list this year.
That's virtually what I said.

Pumped for the Corio Bay Roadhouse bragging rights battle between Cooper Stephens & Bruhn today (assuming both play).

Bummed Mullin is missing again, unsure what's the go there... Maybe the club has said something and I missed it.

Fingers crossed Willis can get through unscathed.

Another game under Clark's belt v men.

Be nice to see Neale or Knevitt take a game by the scruff and really show they got it.

Plenty of reasons to keep a close eye on the game.

Pumped for the Corio Bay Roadhouse bragging rights battle between Cooper Stephens & Bruhn today (assuming both play).

Bummed Mullin is missing again, unsure what's the go there... Maybe the club has said something and I missed it.

Fingers crossed Willis can get through unscathed.

Another game under Clark's belt v men.

Be nice to see Neale or Knevitt take a game by the scruff and really show they got it.

Plenty of reasons to keep a close eye on the game.
Neale isn't playing. Injured.

So Henry is the sub in the afl so he won't play, are we expecting to hold another one over for the seniors as a precaution

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruhn showing some nice moments.

Clohesy will rue missing that one from 40.

WAS gettable.

GO Catters

Hope the Seniors are watching us slip over out there.

Long stops kids

GO Catters

Remember a couple of months ago when everyone on this forum was saying our list had "amazing" depth and that our VFL team would be incredible this year?

Good times. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back