VFL VFL 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coburg 7.6 (48) def by Geelong Cats 6.20 (56)
Jonathon Ceglar (GC)
5 Jye Chalcraft (GC)
5 Matty Lloyd (GC)
4 Marcus Herbert (GC)
4 Ben Jepson (COB)
2 Jhye Clark (GC)
1 Phoenix Foster (GC)
1 Brandan Parfitt (GC)
Bit shocked that they only had one player out of 8 when we only won by 8 points?

No matter whether you think the longish injury list is seriously affecting the ones, there's just no doubt it's wreaking havoc with the Bankers. Realistically we're looking at max. 8 AFL-listed players for the game against Southport. And unless Parf plays in this game, every listed player appearing for us will have a maximum of one full season on the list.

So it's easy to see how this match could well be a repeat of last year's 'men against boys' contest against this mob.

Last edited:
No matter whether you think the longish injury list is seriously affecting the ones, there's just no doubt it's wreaking havoc with the Bankers. Realistically we're looking at max. 8 AFL-listed players for the game against Southport. And unless Parf plays in this game, every listed player appearing for us will have a maximum of one full season on the list.

So it's easy to see how this match could well be a repeat of last year's 'men against boys' contest against this mob.
We have 2 skinny kids as our ruckman vs Crossley and Thurlow, i don't like the looks of this game, but a good sign if any of our players can stand up.

And while southport have lost some good mature guys like your townsend/gowers types they still have a lot if hardened bodies both in the ruck and fwds. Crossley and conroy will likely monster Christie in the ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me being the optimist, maybe we’re hiding him in the GFL so we can take him in the mid season draft?

I mean i would love that but with our injury list i think its unlikely.

VFL RD 7
Geelong has made four changes ahead of its VFL clash with Southport Sharks at GMHBA Stadium on Sunday.

Will Christie will step back into ruck duties alongside Mark Marriott, as Jonathon Ceglar moves back into the AFL side, while Ollie Dempsey and Benjamin Worme are set to return.

Kade Chalcraft has been named for his first VFL game of 2023.

Oisin Mullin - who was initially named as an AFL emergency, but has been withdrawn due to soreness - George Stevens and Tom Feely are the other three outs.

The Cats have won their past two matches, and will be eager to test themselves against the fifth-placed Southport Sharks in their first clash at GMHBA Stadium for the season.

First bounce is at 12pm. The match will be streamed live on the official AFL App and website for those unable to attend.

VFL Round 7​

In: Will Christie, Ollie Dempsey, Benjamin Worme, Kade Chalcraft
Out: Jonathon Ceglar (AFL), Oisin Mullin, George Stevens, Tom Feely

Backs11. Cooper Whyte55. Bailey van de Heuvel74. Ben Lloyd
Half Backs58. Kade Chalcraft50. Daniel Capiron62. Marcus Herbert
Centreline28. Ollie Dempsey3. Brandan Parfitt63. Benjamin Worme
Half Forwards40. Ted Clohesy81. Angus Byrne19. Phoenix Foster
Forwards21. Osca Riccardi31. Oscar Murdoch64. Tom Panuccio
Followers56. Mark Marriott13. Jhye Clark57. Jye Chalcraft
Interchange71. Will Christie20. James Willis75. Ryan Eyers - 23rd player
82. Hamish Lucas52. Matty Lloyd
Emergencies69. Mace Cousins65. Jack Evans
54. Jamie Quick66. Tanner Lewis73. Oscar Morrison

I assume one of Parfitt or Clark will come in for Danger, do we pull them from this game given five day break?
I think we'll find out if only one of those plays a half.

Harry Benson has not returned and again lines up for St Marys. Looks like he won't be back either
Bugger!! I real shame. A class above most of the VFL plodders going around. Fingers crossed he is a mid season pick that has a "Well's Special" written all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back