VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

We are wasting time playing Tuohy when Mannagh and Knevitt are ready to go. It is honestly ludicrous.

Aside from a couple of very nice goals he has been a non contributor.

Knevitt would be handy for an extra marking option on the wing too. So often we look up and there is no one capable 1-1 in a marking contest.

And I am fed up with Mannagh’s treatment.

Utterly ridiculous.

I am starting to think he is a luxury player.

Good to have in a very good team, but close to useless (pardon the pun) in a battling side.

I guess that is the case for most run of the mill small forwards. Only the really good ones can impact the game when the team is struggling.
Take at look at Ollie Henry.
Looks great when we are wining and he taking marks and kicking snags.

We are wasting time playing Tuohy when Mannagh and Knevitt are ready to go. It is honestly ludicrous.

Knevitt would be handy for an extra marking option on the wing too. So often we look up and there is no one capable 1-1 in a marking contest.

Utterly ridiculous.
Mitchy or Lawson on one wing pls.
Manny in too.

Utterly ridiculous.

Me too.

Its very odd that the MC have not given knevitt opportunities when he was clearly better than clark in the offseason and they have decided to fast track clark. If you are going to do that you give knevitt the same chance surely.

As for mannagh-can you give me a sensible rationale as to why we are not picking him when our midfield is so poor and one paced? We normally handle mature agers well i cant remember us handling one this badly in a long time.

Tuohy is a complete liability in defensive transition and everyone seems to see it except the coaches.

Me too.

Its very odd that the MC have not given knevitt opportunities when he was clearly better than clark in the offseason and they have decided to fast track clark. If you are going to do that you give knevitt the same chance surely.

As for mannagh-can you give me a sensible rationale as to why we are not picking him when our midfield is so poor and one paced? We normally handle mature agers well i cant remember us handling one this badly in a long time.

Tuohy is a complete liability in defensive transition and everyone seems to see it except the coaches.
Picked for a reason higish pick for a 26 YO ...
You would think he's in RD one.

I reckon today was the first time I've been genuinely impressed with Neale. I've always thought he looks ok at VFL level but not dominant and that's unlikely to cut it at the next level. But I thought he was super leading to good spots on a tricky ground to play and some of his ground level work was elite. Just a pity the kicking boots weren't on cause he could've kicked 5-6.
how many marks did he drop?

Knevitt - 24 possessions, 10 tackles, 8 clearances.
Conway - 20 possessions, 37 hit-outs, 8 clearances.
Clohesy - 21 possessions, 8 tackles, 3 clearances.

Just what we lacked on Friday night - hit-outs, clearances and defensive pressure.

Hopefully the match committee were watching.
Doing it in the VFL and doing it in the AFL are two very different things…

Didn’t see the game today but I hope there’s some players who put their hand up to replace what we saw on Friday night. It’s surely time to change things up a bit if we want to try and make one last run for it this season.
However unlikely it seems now there’s still some chance they could make a few changes and make a run.

I don’t think anyone is thinking that Hardie, Parfitt etc are going to come in and be afl stars but I think they’d have a bit more desperation at the ball/man that what most of the players showed on Friday night.

Some players go up a notch in the AFL.
Time to give them ago.
That is so true. Plenty of players have looked so so in the lower leagues, and have stepped it up once promoted.

I have played lots of local sport and plenty of times injuries/ unavailability has forced a promotion of a unlikely source, and they have cemented themselves in the top team. I reckon there would of been plenty of posters here in the same boat.

Give them a go.

Based on today’s game the following changes occur:

Out

- Close (I’m a huge fan but he isn’t the one grab player he was)

- Danger (suspended)

- Hawkins (injured)

I’m keeping 2E in the side. He was good for 3 quarters but his knees don’t seem to hold up for consecutive weeks. Close seems to be untouchable.

In

- Knevitt

- Hardie

- Neale

Query whether Stanley or Conway come into the side. The MOC doesn’t like to make too many changes. If they do, who else comes out or do they play SDK in the ruck with Neale and Blitz offering chop out?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldie was rested .

Chilli a must in.

Unsure if chilli and neale will make us to slow ..
Hardly.

Conway is a ruck, it's par for the course with them, and Neale is quick for a key forward.

Even more so when he's replacing Tomahawk, who makes Neale look like Usain Bolt in comparison.

If we want to be polite, you can 'manage' Duncan & Touhy and replace them with Knevitt & Humphries too, and it's a pretty quick side all of sudden

Just whether we're going to do it is another question.

I reckon today was the first time I've been genuinely impressed with Neale. I've always thought he looks ok at VFL level but not dominant and that's unlikely to cut it at the next level. But I thought he was super leading to good spots on a tricky ground to play and some of his ground level work was elite. Just a pity the kicking boots weren't on cause he could've kicked 5-6.
He really, really needs a sustained shot at the seniors before we really know what we have. Sav got 50 games forward and taking out ruck work Neale's had maybe 7? Give him 43 more and then let's talk

Based on today’s game the following changes occur:

Out

- Close (I’m a huge fan but he isn’t the one grab player he was)

- Danger (suspended)

- Hawkins (injured)

I’m keeping 2E in the side. He was good for 3 quarters but his knees don’t seem to hold up for consecutive weeks. Close seems to be untouchable.

In

- Knevitt

- Hardie

- Neale

Query whether Stanley or Conway come into the side. The MOC doesn’t like to make too many changes. If they do, who else comes out or do they play SDK in the ruck with Neale and Blitz offering chop out?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I've loved every minute of Brad Closes career but I agree and would bring in Mannagh for him rather than Hardie.

Dropped.

But they definitely didn't refuse to play him early. All subsequent non-selections are after he was playing seniors. He was an afl player for us before he was a vfl player yet people think there's some vendetta at play here.
Good VFL form...still out of the team.

Some are saying .
Pick up an 26 YO with high ish pick .
For one sub game and one full game and left to rot in the VFL.

Might as well picked up a kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back