VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

So this can’t be AFL listed players right? Will we get any representatives in the team?

Yeah its vfl list only. Its probably less likely as a lot of our good vfl players went to the interstate (i am thinking jacko, chalcraft, simpson plus ling gone). Maybe capiron might get a gig but i would be surprised if chalcraft (kade) or ham did although they are good at the level. Ballantyne is a good player but i doubt he makes that squad.

Not suprised that there are no Bankers in squad…but does burst my bubble a bit about the hope they would be a top team this year? I know it more than often comes down to AFL listed players but having at least a couple of VFL listed stars also important?

EDIT I missed one. BVDT as Pure_Ownage predicted.
1710889596056.png

Last edited:
Not suprised that there are no Bankers in squad…but does burst my bubble a bit about the hope they would be a top team this year? I know it more than often comes down to AFL listed players but having at least a couple of VFL listed stars also important?View attachment 1933510

We have one,

East Coast v SANFL doesn't seem too fair. Very Strong Midfield, wonder how this team would go against WCE.

Not that it has any bearing on reality, but this is a strange line up. Almost like backs have swapped with forwards.

Agree about the set-up. But very happy with the team. Particularly pleased to see that players like Willis, Humphries and Wiltshire are all named. After having them miss last week, the familiar fears were beginning to surface about the next player to enter our particular version of 'The Twilight Zone'.

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that he got a new foot tattoo yesterday. Must be a quick healer.

Or he's just a dumbass...either or tbh
He was just getting his ankle done.
Coming from someone with a lot, you would be able to play footy without a hassle the following day let alone 2 days later

He was just getting his ankle done.
Coming from someone with a lot, you would be able to play footy without a hassle the following day let alone 2 days later
Really do hope he gets a clean go at it.

Genuinely believe he's one of the more talented players on our list...he just hasn't been on the park.

If he can play a consistent 2-3 months at VFL level, I reckon he'll be knocking on the door of selection.

He's the closest player we've drafted to Chappy since he was here. Nobody else has had that bash and crash, nuggety build as a forward who can also play in the midfield. Linc was probably the closest, and he had a similar story in terms of his health.

It's a massive 'if' with him though, with the way he's gone there's every chance he injures himself this weekend.

Really do hope he gets a clean go at it.

Genuinely believe he's one of the more talented players on our list...he just hasn't been on the park.

If he can play a consistent 2-3 months at VFL level, I reckon he'll be knocking on the door of selection.

He's the closest player we've drafted to Chappy since he was here. Nobody else has had that bash and crash, nuggety build as a forward who can also play in the midfield. Linc was probably the closest, and he had a similar story in terms of his health.

It's a massive 'if' with him though, with the way he's gone there's every chance he injures himself this weekend.
He definitely has the talent and the body to go with it.
I feel like his issue is confidence and that will come with consistent footy.
Hard and loves the tough tackles, explosive and can kick over 50

Has all the tools

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back