VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

The more I see of Furphy the less I see the need to go with a journeyman plodder in ‘25

He shows some decent signs but he gets gassed after 5minutes.nowhere near the endurance levels for an afl ruck yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I hate what Willis has done to his hair more than Clohesy.
Clohesy was an accident (apprentice barber apparently didn’t put the attachment on the clippers and too late before they noticed!!) - whereas Willis obvioulsy thinks it looks good!!

Not good for AFL game skills. We have been most switching in AFL over past month but doubt they will do that in conditions?

Wouldn’t want to be stuck on the “off wing” today!

Can see players from both teams repeatedly losing their feet in different areas of the ground as soon as they try to change direction

With 3/4s of this match still to go, I'm not sure the ground is really going to have the opportunity to get better and instead it'll become a real territory game tonight - doubt quick switches of play will be on

Could also be why they've held Parfitt & Ted back - adjust the team if needed for more of that ground level type players rather than taller, aerial options

Can see players from both teams repeatedly losing their feet in different areas of the ground as soon as they try to change direction

With 3/4s of this match still to go, I'm not sure the ground is really going to have the opportunity to get better and instead it'll become a real territory game tonight - doubt quick switches of play will be on

Could also be why they've held Parfitt & Ted back - adjust the team if needed for more of that ground level type players rather than taller, aerial options

Bring Ted in for Neale.

Bring Ted in for Neale.
That would make us very small. But with Rohan and Ollie I think we could cope in these conditions (remember they pulled Neale out late in Brisbane due to weather)…

If this did happen (and I don’t know that it is) then Ted or Parf would be sub I reckon (at the moment I expect it to be Rohan)

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back