VFL VFL Round 19 v Carlton @ Victoria Park. July 29 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely, had Draper stepped up too, it would have been terribly disappointing and cheapened the performances of the others.
Plus I made the joke: it's curtains for drapes. It'd be disappointing if he was good and that dumb gag proved to be dumb.

Plus I made the joke: it's curtains for drapes. It'd be disappointing if he was good and that dumb gag proved to be dumb.
I had a giggle. Draper is all hype to me. People are going off draft notes and “hype” not watching him. Don’t see it. He’s similar to Tyler brown. Shows patches but doesn’t get the footy. Was worth a punt but can’t see him being retained. Maybe, maybe on rookie in place or Murley

It was a great joke enjoyed by all, take pleasure in the process and the results will take care of themselves.

Ginnivan was very good again this week and will remain in consideration for senior selection as he has been for several weeks. Your need to insert arbitrary measures (29 disposals) and cherry pick and interpret stats is very childish. Could have had 5, did kick 2. This week, could have had 4, did kick 2. You see the similarities. I'll leave it there, you're not worth my time. Go be combative with someone else.
You wear rose colored glasses when talking about Ginnivan. I’m a realist- he was no where near as involved this week as last week.
Without equivalent efforts to last week he’s not putting Hill or anyone else under pressure.

Last edited:
updated stats.

Bianco - 32 disp, 6 marks
Carmichael - 28 disp, 5 clearances, 6 I50's
Ruscoe - 24 disp, 8 marks
Kelly - 22 disp, 9 marks, 3 tackles, 3 goals
Reef - 21 disp, 5 marks, 6 clearances, 4 I50's
Allan - 19 disp, 4 clearances
Ryan - 18 disp, 6 marks
Murley -17 disp
Richards - 16 disp
Ginni - 16 disp, 2 goals, 3 tackles, 2 clearances, 3 I50's
Johnson - 14 disp, 4 goals, 8 marks
Begg - 12 disp, 16 HO, 7 clearances
HH - 11 disp
Draper, 11 disp, 3 tackles
Steene - 7 disp, 17 HO, 4 marks

updated stats.

Ryan - 18 disp, 6 marks
Murley -17 disp
Richards - 16 disp
HH - 11 disp
Was Reef playing full time mid?

He’s been out for 3 weeks mate where have you been 🤣. Apparently it’s a shock to the dees that Grundy isn’t a forward

But Melb “value him”
I have been in Thailand the last 4 weeks. Somehow the media here haven't caught up with Grundy's omission, but I'm sure that when they do, it'll replace the post election fiasco as headline news.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in all honesty, how do you think Allen is tracking. Haven’t really seen anything to make me think, wow , we having something here. Club has extended his contract so obviously they see something in him. Just doesn’t stand out to me on the ground. He is quick , but haven’t seen that being used during a game. He is big bodied, but don’t see him shrugging tackles etc
i think he is a few years away yet

Reef can dominate a VFL game, but when in the seniors he looks a bit like he doesn’t want to make a mistake, like he is not sure if he belongs at the level. Hopefully with greater opportunity, he will adjust. Physically, he is ready to go
Allan will overtake most of these young blokes quickly I reckon.
Should be a regular starter next year.

updated stats.

Ryan - 18 disp, 6 marks
Murley -17 disp
Richards - 16 disp
HH - 11 disp

That’s a very pleasing stat line to see for Reef. Allan’s is ok for a first year player as well. 10 clearances between the two.

I’m still unsure of where Begg sits with the lack of marking ability during games. You SEN Steene clunk some which is what you want in a ruck but you just don’t see that in Beggy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I had a giggle. Draper is all hype to me. People are going off draft notes and “hype” not watching him. Don’t see it. He’s similar to Tyler brown. Shows patches but doesn’t get the footy. Was worth a punt but can’t see him being retained. Maybe, maybe on rookie in place or Murley
I’ve never seen it in him. Can’t see why we would give him an extra year unless we had a number of other departures.

That’s a very pleasing stat line to see for Reef. Allan’s is ok for a first year player as well. 10 clearances between the two.

I’m still unsure of where Begg sits with the lack of marking ability during games. You SEN Steene clunk some which is what you want in a ruck but you just don’t see that in Beggy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Begg did take 1 mark, but its an area of his game that needs improving. Steene has a great set of hands though.

I’ve never seen it in him. Can’t see why we would give him an extra year unless we had a number of other departures.
Yeah agree, draftees need to show something in the first 2 years that makes you think they’ve got long term AFL potential or they should be moved on. Unless they’ve had major injury problems.
Harsh but that’s the reality if you want to win premierships

Yeah agree, draftees need to show something in the first 2 years that makes you think they’ve got long term AFL potential or they should be moved on. Unless they’ve had major injury problems.
Harsh but that’s the reality if you want to win premierships
Draper has had injury problems - shoulder and extended absence due to concussion. He’s played no where near the full complement of games in the 2 years you feel is needed to prove his worth.
He has the size, speed, needed for a modern mid so I’d give him a contract.

They need to put Arlo back in the middle, that's his proper position; not this half back they have been using him the last couple weeks.
The middle is where he belongs / is best Jen but it’s clear under Fly (and around the league) that players must be able to play multiple positions in scheme rotations.
I love him to have a full season in the middle but not sure the club sees him there - not sure why.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back