Review Views and Reviews v Crows (you beauty!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the Crows board turn into meltdown when the comeback began was awesome to see.

Loved all the "You really want to leave us for this joke of a team Kurt?" posts after the first quarter.

Very importantly, a game we won without significant input from our 2 highest rated- JB and Black. Off the back of those who will be our best in the years ahead- Redden, Rich, Green, Beams, Hanley, Bewick, Harwood, Lester, Yeo etc.Who the hell could have foreseen Harwood developing into a running backman?

I daresay that Zorko is now as good as any first round pick we could have hoped for. Typifies what we will build towards, I hope. Pace and determination. Never gives up, no matter how big the opposition.

Hudson a giant of a man in stature and performance. Towelled up their rucks no matter what the stats say. Wonder what he was saying to Walker- is that haircut taking the piss? An in-house joke? A bet? Not a good look.

Can't wait to see Leuenberger, Lisle, and Longer in the same side. Maybe with Tippett also, they will present tremendous problems for any opposition.

In the 2nd, 3rd and last quarters, it was amazing to see how we trapped Adelaide inside our forward 50 for extended periods and they could do bugger all about it. Bigger bodies, normally better skills, but outdone by greater willpower and desire. A much better win than the WC game which we won out of our ring. Extended pressure which meant we thoroughly deserved to win.

What a buzz- that's what we go to the footy for!!!

If Beams was on Sloane then it was a very, very loose tag. 4 out of every 5 times I saw Sloane he was without an opponent.

That'd be an interesting thread - whose haircut is worse, Mr. "Ricebowl on head" Patfull or Mr. "Mullet" Walker?

Honestly, why is the mullet making a comeback? Make it go away!

What happened in the 4th? Adelaide had a kick for goal.. Slotted it, then we get a free kic and the goal wasn't paid? Seemed odd from where I was sitting. Unusual for a free to go our way in a game.

Yeah, the people I was sitting with thought that was strange at the time, but the rule changed on that a few years back.

Previously, if the kick had been taken, the score would have counted and we would have received the kick from the centre. But it changed to take away any concern over exactly when the infringement occurred, i.e. before or after the shot on goal, to now be treated exactly as it was last night.

Rule in question is Rule 12.6.2 (c)

On the replay screen last night it looked like they had probably just gotten the kick off before the infringement, but I haven't seen it since, not sure what the TV coverage showed. Either way, no matter, as that decision was exactly correct:thumbsu:

Oh, and further to that decision, it was at a massive stage in the game.....:thumbsu:

Just saw the replay of Walker's brain fade.

Wow... it really was crazy what he did. The kick was certainly taken before the incident.. He will get his backside served to him in the review with the club....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let Duritz have at it.

Release the Duritz.

I thought I would take liberties on Duritz's fine work and provide an update. Stats don't lie. Fantastic win :thumbsu:

dnk66o.jpg

If you people don't start labelling your axes, I'm banning graphs altogether.
Or you could wield the axe in defence of the axis.:D

Yeah, the people I was sitting with thought that was strange at the time, but the rule changed on that a few years back.

Previously, if the kick had been taken, the score would have counted and we would have received the kick from the centre. But it changed to take away any concern over exactly when the infringement occurred, i.e. before or after the shot on goal, to now be treated exactly as it was last night.

Rule in question is Rule 12.6.2 (c)

On the replay screen last night it looked like they had probably just gotten the kick off before the infringement, but I haven't seen it since, not sure what the TV coverage showed. Either way, no matter, as that decision was exactly correct:thumbsu:

The incident happen just after the kick...they had good footage of it on TV.

The commentators were talking about the incident believing that it isn't a goal until a umpire gives the "All clear"...hence the ump paid a free and no "all clear"

It's similar to how when you have a shot on goal and get bumped after you either get the kick again or have the original score.

I cant wait to the day when we start turning up to play from the opening bounce. We seemed to lack defensive pressure and offensive hard running from the start and need time to work into games...the consequence is always allowing oppositions to settle into a grove and get the scoreboard ticking over. We just dont seem to be able to hurt the opposition on turnovers which allows them to down hill ski without fear of failure early on.

We would be a very hard team to beat if we can start getting the jump on opponants and make them accountable both ways

Most notable moment of the game:

First time ever I can remember seeing Brown run round the corner while taking a set shot for goal.

We have had a running joke for a long, long time about him kicking standard drop punt no matter what the angle.
Finally after all these years we found out how tight the angle has to be to get him to kick around his body.

The umpire at that moment when putting him on his line said "Browny, your in line with the post"

Fair to say that was as tight an angle that can be.:eek:

On Lisle, he needs to harden up and throw his weight around. It was painful watching Thompson out mark him 3 times in a row on the wing in a one on one contest with a high ball. Perhaps a confidence thing of limited senior games? either way, hopefully Vossy works some mongrel into him and makes him throw his weight around should he find himself in favourable mismatches

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Views and Reviews v Crows (you beauty!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back