Review Views and Reviews v Crows (you beauty!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a quick glance over the thread, and what a change of tone from probably page 11-14 - The major turning point in the actual match and then what followed on here.

I for one have realised that I say some pretty stupid things when we are getting smashed, and I am getting frustrated, saying things such as "we wont win another game this year", when in the end we won this game, and could win Bulldogs/Port.. gonna work on that one tbh.

Happy to nick the win, however we shouldn't have been put in that position in the first place. Our inaccuracy in the end was our major downfall, we could have absolutely buried the crows by 50+ points, but no we kicked inaccurate and were lucky to steal the 4 points.

I am a Lion forever, and win, lose or draw will always be one despite what I say when we are getting smashed. LIONS TO WIN 2014 GRAND FINAL!

Cant believe on the AFL.com.au website all the news is about the Crows, Collingwood and North Melbourne. Even Richmond, Freo and Essendon have articles straight up, and were at the bottom.
That changed. Earlier the Lions win was in number 2 position.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned previously but it was great to see Browny run down back after Adel scored a goal to pat Hanley on the head and say a few words (he then had to run back down forward before the bounce). Great leadership.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned previously but it was great to see Browny run down back after Adel scored a goal to pat Hanley on the head and say a few words (he then had to run back down forward before the bounce). Great leadership.

He also ran down back after the first Adelaide goal and put a rocket up everyone for leaving the goalsquare vacant.

He also ran down back after the first Adelaide goal and put a rocket up everyone for leaving the goalsquare vacant.

Yep. Saw that too. It didn't even require a ruckman from memory it was so low.

I thought our handballing was as slick as I've seen it all year. And as you would suspect Black was leading the way. Sometimes a player calls for it, and Black handballs it wide of him. At first it looks like he's missed a target and then you realise he's forcing the player to get on the move so he's got momentum when he takes it.

Can confirm PK's jokeness of the 'sack voss' at half time.

:thumbsu:

Cheers for the support. Your boy went great tonight. His first quarter was brilliant in attack, and I'm pretty sure what happened after that was that Goose went down, meaning Patfull had to leave Dangerfield and go into defence, when Raines got moved from Sloane to Dangerfield, and Beams picked up Sloane. Did a great job on him too.

My Dad, who has barely seen any of Beams, continually remarked on just how skilled a player he was. Maybe one or two off-target kicks, but apart from that he was enormous in the match.

I've been on the Y.E.O. Speedwagon for a few weeks now (and he was brilliant again tonight, such a composed player in a way that really reminds me of a young Black), but am now about to climb on the Bewick wagon (no puns there yet, sadly). He's one none of us really considered as the third tall option up forward, but he does it better than any other right now.

Overall, bloody brilliant win. Barely felt real, to be honest. Our side is going places, and what this year has given us is something so good to build on. The impact that this win could have on not only memberships and general support, but also confidence of the group going into the off-season, is absolutely massive.

Brown seems to be a bit more confident in himself in recent weeks. I think if you're unsure about your own form it can be difficult to have conviction in your message, but if the body is feeling good and you're feeling like your getting some touch, the leadership will come more naturally.

Too many wagons to ride! Need to hitch them all together in a train!

TOOT TOOT!

The impact that this win could have on not only memberships and general support, but also confidence of the group going into the off-season, is absolutely massive.

3-0 in the final three rounds would be a phenomenal way to close out the year and attack the pre-season with optimism.

Brown seems to be a bit more confident in himself in recent weeks. I think if you're unsure about your own form it can be difficult to have conviction in your message, but if the body is feeling good and you're feeling like your getting some touch, the leadership will come more naturally.

I think you're absolutely spot on.

About to watch a replay of the telecast.

On a side note if Huddo plays on next year definitely need to sponsor him!!! Is anyone able to upload his goal celebration it was hilarious, everyone in our section was cheering him on and laughing hahahahaha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too many wagons to ride! Need to hitch them all together in a train!

Green and Bewick look like moving from fringe players to permanent selections, and Yeo looks a likely type. And I thought that Beams was OK, but if he was on Sloane then I would bump that up to 'quite good', because Sloane was hardly sighted after quarter time. We've found a few players in recent weeks and the bottom end of our 22 is looking a bit stronger.

Green and Bewick look like moving from fringe players to permanent selections, and Yeo looks a likely type. And I thought that Beams was OK, but if he was on Sloane then I would bump that up to 'quite good', because Sloane was hardly sighted after quarter time. We've found a few players in recent weeks and the bottom end of our 22 is looking a bit stronger.
He was on Sloane but I'm not sure if it was just for the 3rd quarter or the whole game.

Another player I was concerned about was Matthew Wright, who I saw completely dominate Fremantle the previous week, and he was hardly sighted either.

Also I think the subs probably worked in our favour. Patfull was getting towelled up by Dangerfield, and I think having the extra runner was beneficial, and when Maguire went off all the match ups seemed to slot into place nicely. Whereas Talia was a big loss for them as he looked on top of his game.

Just watched the replay, and yeah what I thought happened was right. Raines was on Sloane in the first quarter, and Patfull on Dangerfield. But when Maguire went down, Patfull took over his spot, leaving Raines to switch to Dangerfield, and Beams to pick up Sloane for the rest of the game. It was pretty clear that Beams' game went from quite attacking in the first quarter to predominately defensive in the last three.

Speaks volumes of him as a player that he was able to pick up a genuine gun midfielder and keep him basically silent with no preparation at all. And, considering the issue of how connected Beams is to the club has been a recurring theme all year, I absolutely loved seeing how happy he was to sing the song with the boys. There was a whole lot of pride there.

Where did you watch it? Link me if possible :)

Sadly I'd just recorded it (and will watch it many times from now, too). Should be on the AFL website soon enough though, and Fox will replay it in a few hours too as one of the Saturday replays.

Sadly I'd just recorded it (and will watch it many times from now, too). Should be on the AFL website soon enough though, and Fox will replay it in a few hours too as one of the Saturday replays.

Yeh it's up about 12 hours after argh so long to wait.

I almost forgot - what was the go with the ump calling play on from a mark, and then when he got tackled, he let him have the kick for a mark?:confused: Umpires will always make errors, but that is something that should never happen.

I almost forgot - what was the go with the ump calling play on from a mark, and then when he got tackled, he let him have the kick for a mark?:confused: Umpires will always make errors, but that is something that should never happen.

There were a few iffy umpiring moments tonight, but they were a bit unusual. It wasn't so much a lopsided free kick count, or being pedantic about one rule, but instead a few moments that lacked the professionalism I've come to expect from top level umps. For example, there was a passage through the middle for Adelaide where they took a mark, and half played on. The umpire put his hands in the air and was clearly just about to play advantage, before the player seemed to change his mind and stop, realising there was nothing ahead of him. By that stage, he'd well and truly taken advantage, but the umpire seemed a little unsure so just let him take the kick.

No clue.

Thought the one against Patfull which allowed Taylaahhh to grab an easy goal was really soft.
The iffy OOB calls are OK so long as they're vigilantly paid the other way (if the umps are going to take a very strict approach to enforcement).

One question for the rules gurus - when a player essentially plays on but slips over why isn't it called play on? Have seen quite a few this season in particular where had they not slipped over it would have probably been called play on.

No clue.

Thought the one against Patfull which allowed Taylaahhh to grab an easy goal was really soft.
The iffy OOB calls are OK so long as they're vigilantly paid the other way (if the umps are going to take a very strict approach to enforcement).

I thought that at first, but on replay Patfull did have his left arm right around Walker's chest, which they usually pay. The way the rule is interpreted you can push someone in the chest if you are facing them, but if you push them in the chest from behind it gets called a hold.

One question for the rules gurus - when a player essentially plays on but slips over why isn't it called play on? Have seen quite a few this season in particular where had they not slipped over it would have probably been called play on.

It's not play on unless a player leaves the line, but Callinan was already off the line so in that instance it should have been play on I would have thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Views and Reviews v Crows (you beauty!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back