Other Teams
Lions
5.Leppitsch
4.Lappin
3. Charman
2. Bradshaw
1.Power

Spercial mention to the Grasshopper.

Did some nice things in tight situations.

Extra special mention to the Bushie.... some good solid saves at crucial points.

The award for "staying happy and enjoying your footy" no matter what the state of the game, goes to J.Brennan.

I love this kid.

He's going to be something really special in a season or two.

Originally posted by luthor

He did well in the first half. 9 possies and 5 marks.

5. J Leppitsch
4. J Charman
3. N Lappin
2. D Bradshaw
1. L Power

It was a team effort and it was hard to give votes, but those 5 players did do a lot.

Originally posted by luthor
5.Leppitsch
4.Lappin
3. Charman
2. Bradshaw
1.Power

Extra special mention to the Bushie.... some good solid saves at crucial points.

The award for "staying happy and enjoying your footy" no matter what the state of the game, goes to J.Brennan.

I love this kid.

He's going to be something really special in a season or two.

Johnno didn't have his greatest night, so Bushy did some of his work. Adcock will have learnt alot from tonight, he played on King and didn't disgrace himself at all. Brennan is great, how high did he get going for that speccie?

5. Leppitsch
4. Charman
3. Black
2. Power
1. Bradshaw/ Copeland

Also loved Timmy Notting chasing down David (Poser) KIng and forcing a turnover that led to one of our goals.

Well played Timmy.

This was a game where our "second stringers" stood up and made a difference with lots and lots of 1% -ers.

I'm feeling very contented with the state of our footy at the momemt.

If we ever get Keating, Voss, C.Scott, McGrath and Co. back and firing on all cylinders, ther's not a side in the comp that will come near us.

GO LIONS!!

Leppa
<daylight>
Jamie
Simon

Thought North conceded by having Petrie at CHB - just relying on rebound goals.

Notting Hadley Shattock Copland Bradshaw - all rose to the occasion and Voss / Keating / Lynch etc weren't missed at all. In fact thought Bradshaw coming on reshaped the game - remember his game v North in 2001 was a blinder.

Hart on Harvey was a beauty but Mal is no FF. Brennan - I liked Walls' comments " He's more and more like DJ - will cause the coach to tear his hair out but it will eventually pay off". Most unusual ruck work EVER !

Chris J. had a shocker - kicking to the trainer was bizarre - but Fly was back in town.

It was great seeing the second tier guys stand up. Bodes well fo rthe rest of the season (barring injuries).

What I learnt from the game though is that St Kilda really is a very good side.

It was great to see the so called second tier group stand up and deliver.
When was the last time we had four players on the field all with 10 or less games each? Hadley, Corrie, Brennan and Adcock. All did well.
Loved Copland's effort.
Not to forget Heart and Charman.
Brady was great as well.

Originally posted by OldLion
Fly was back in town.
Good get!

Thought we got a bit mug-lairy in the last quarter and a bit and that that was as soft a North side as we've come up against in a long time; but overall you can't complain about an 8 goal win at Colonial.

5. Leppa
4. Emu
3. Simon
2. Harty
1. Braddy

Well done to Jumbo Jed Adcock on a pretty useful debut. Believe me, the best is yet to come with this fella.

I believe you Ripper.

Once again, we appear to have recruited well over the last couple of years with the likes of Brennan, Hadley and now Adcockand Corrie.

And you can bet your bottom dollar that the likes of Eddie and Co. will continue whinging long and hard when these guys are top-liners in the coming years.

Nothing to do with recruiting, managing and developing or with club culture.

Just "buying players with AFL handouts again":rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hadley was pick 22.
Adcock was pick 33.
Corrie was pick 44.

They can't say crap about handouts because all clubs had a chance to get these players.

All clubs had at least 1 chance to get Hadley. Some clubs had 2.

All clubs had 2 times to pick Adcock and some had 3.

All clubs had 2 times to pick Corrie and some had 3.

It's to do with recruiting like you said, Luthor(s). So if Eddie and Co complain about handouts etc, they can blame their recruiting staff for recruiting ****.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by OldLion
Chris J. had a shocker - kicking to the trainer was bizarre - but Fly was back in town.

McRae had a very good game. Now maybe we'll have heard the end of those arguments to have him prematurely axed from the side!

I thought Johnson was alright, even though he wasn't at his best. He still had quite a lot of good touches and got into the play.

I thought Pike struggled a bit though.

Originally posted by SpecialBruce
Hadley was pick 22.
Adcock was pick 33.
Corrie was pick 44.

...this is so true, along the same lines with Simon Black at pick 31.

Not enough credit is recognised to our recruiting staff by the likes of Eddie and the rest of his goons.

Leppa - 3
Lappin - 2
Charman - 1

Originally posted by funghoul
It was Leppas field that night...scaring opponents with his red headed sideburns attack...

Got a laugh out of one of the Foxtel experts (can't remember who now) commenting that Leppa looked like a 70's pr0n star, what with the sideburns and all.

Not that I would know what a 70's pr0n star would look like.

Just what I've heard;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Votes v Kangas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back