Review vs Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

One of Macrae's best games ever imo.
He really put his body in and was slammed big time a number of times.. but he got up, amazingly, and really willed himself to get in to support. No easy, pretty by himself outside on the wing type footy in this game. He's a much tougher player than what he looks or I thought.
I'm full of admiration for his part in that win.

Dahlhaus also put his body on the line, over and over again.

It's a wonder he wasn't put in hospital when he was slammed into with 30secs to go in front of our goals.

With very limited preseason, he was always going to take some time to get full match fitness.

His strong body in the wet today was very important time after time, so often he was the last to get up from under the pack.

He looked buggered in the second quarter after repeat max efforts and some of his later mistakes looked like fatigue, but wow what an effort he made to get into the play.
His interplay with Stringer was very good too. Even more dangerous together.

Dahlhaus also put his body on the line, over and over again.
It's a wonder he wasn't put in hospital when he was slammed into with 30secs to go in front of our goals.

O yea .. that looked bad. Must be bruise city at the Kennel.
That game looked more like rugby at times
But isn't it fantastic to see the whole team putting it on the line, though?

O yea .. that looked bad. Must be bruise city at the Kennel.
That game looked more like rugby at times
But isn't it fantastic to see the whole team putting it on the line, though?

Would have been easy to concede when they got in front in the last. I thought our chance had gone, as I reckon 99% of the Doggies supporters will have.

I dont think we underestimate this win as 'season defining'. Means we have to beat the Saints and GWS in the next month and take it right up to Freo at Etihad. Port at the Adelaide Oval will be huge...watching two young sides go helter skelter

Would have been easy to concede when they got in front in the last. I thought our chance had gone, as I reckon 99% of the Doggies supporters will have.

I dont think we underestimate this win as 'season defining'. Means we have to beat the Saints and GWS in the next month and take it right up to Freo at Etihad. Port at the Adelaide Oval will be huge...watching two young sides go helter skelter
Honestly can't wait for the Freo game, a chance to test our structures against what I think are the best team in the comp at the moment! If we are competitive against them I think finals are a massive possibility. Win that and the lid has disappeared to some unknown part of the universe never to return :p

Webb has to be the rising star this week doesn't he?? Man he is good. So clean, composed, and heck me he goes hard as well. Loved the tough stuff on the weekend. Think he's more athletic than he seems as well. Ran well with guys like Rohan, Jetta and Goodes on the weekend.

Webb has to be the rising star this week doesn't he?? Man he is good. So clean, composed, and heck me he goes hard as well. Loved the tough stuff on the weekend. Think he's more athletic than he seems as well. Ran well with guys like Rohan, Jetta and Goodes on the weekend.

Watch them give it to some random instead...

i sadly think Saad will win it
think he had 25 touches this weekend

Saad, Miller, Lonie & Duggan all had good games as well. Bit of competition this week!

Edit: And Oxley had a huge game, is he eligible?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After last year, I don't give a rats about the Rising Star. Just dreadful that Bontempelli didn't romp home with that award - although he did win the player's one. I'm not sure that's much of a consolation, but I don't know how the players feel about either award.

Other than having their names in lights for the week and a flash dinner at the end of the season, is the NAB Rising Star Award as coveted by the players? Is the nomination a trigger in a young player's contract to add some coin?

Just watched a replay of the last 10 minutes of the final qtr again over my lunch break.

Got goose bumps again and just sheer admiration for the numerous efforts put in by multiple players who were clearly spent but just refused to give in. It was so inspiring.

Just a couple of standouts:

Liam Picken tackling anyone within range, sometimes in multiple efforts within the one play. Getting crucial kicks and handballs into space. Tacking the ball over the boundary in the back pocket when it was looking very dangerous. Give the guy a gold medal, just outstanding.

Easton Wood: that goal!!, numerous intercepts, crawling through the mud and throwing himself at the ball, but keeping his head up to clear it out not letting them lock it under him. The composure to pick up that final possession one handed in the wet, knowing he had two Swans bearing down on him, and if he missed, the game could have been lost. Absolute skill and courage personified!

Jake Stringer: the tackle on Buddy when if he didn't stick it they would have been out and away for potentially the winning goal.

Bob Murphy: cool in a crisis, what a leader. When no one else could seem to handle it cleanly, how was he able to always keep his feet, hit pinpoint passes (like the one to Stringer on the wing) and the daring to take them on on the far wing and go for the win, kicking long to Lukey Dal to create the winning goal. Without Murph we don't win that game period!

Lukey Dal: gets the crucial kick towards goal, numerous crucial tackles. And then running with the flight gets flattened near the end showing his courage!

Lin Jong: crucial punches, taps, tackles and again just kicking forward to get yardage. The intercept to stop Buddy's mark.

I could go on and on but I have to get back to work.

So inspiring!! :D

Just watched a replay of the last 10 minutes of the final qtr again over my lunch break.

Got goose bumps again and just sheer admiration for the numerous efforts put in by multiple players who were clearly spent but just refused to give in. It was so inspiring.

Liam Picken tackling anyone within range, sometimes in multiple efforts within the one play. Getting crucial kicks and handballs into space. Tacking the ball over the boundary in the back pocket when it was looking very dangerous. Give the guy a gold medal, just outstanding.

Easton Wood: that goal!!, numerous intercepts, crawling through the mud and throwing himself at the ball, but keeping his head up to clear it out not letting them lock it under him. The composure to pick up that final possession one handed in the wet, knowing he had two Swans bearing down on him, and if he missed, the game could have been lost. Absolute skill and courage personified!

Jake Stringer: the tackle on Buddy when if he didn't stick it they would have been out and away for potentially the winning goal.

Bob Murphy: cool in a crisis, what a leader. When no one else could seem to handle it cleanly, how was he able to always keep his feet, hit pinpoint passes (like the one to Stringer on the wing) and the daring to take them on on the far wing and go for the win, kicking long to Lukey Dal to create the winning goal. Without Murph we don't win that game period!

Lukey Dal: gets the crucial kick towards goal, numerous crucial tackles. And then running with the flight gets flattened near the end showing his courage!

Lin Jong: crucial punches, taps, tackles and again just kicking forward to get yardage. The intercept to stop Buddy's mark.

The Stringer tackle on Buddy was huge , no one can tackle Buddy , no one that is except Stringer :cool:

The Stringer tackle on Buddy was huge , no one can tackle Buddy , no one that is except Stringer :cool:
He was smart too. Made sure he grabbed the hips and pulled him over - less opportunity to shrug/palm off the tackle that way.

Turns out Lin was playing with a broken hand at the end there... and he still went for the third man up punch! Gutsy plus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review vs Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back