Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a sensitive area for some. With that in mind, I'm going to remind a few posters a few things:
  • personal attacks are against forum rules. From this point, any attacks that are directed at another poster will be treated with a warning, then infractions and threadbans if it continues.
  • the spread of misinformation is also against the rules. This is taken very seriously by moderation, and you will be asked to support your opinion from time to time. If you cannot satisfy this, you will be provided an opportunity to retract your post; if you do not, you will receive an infraction and a threadban on that basis.
This is a forum for adults, and I'd appreciate you all treating each other appropriately.

Elon's bromance with Vlad is getting creepy.

This pic of Elon being all Musky outside Putin's dacha has surfaced. Guess he wanted the pony.

elon.jpg

A good, thoughtful, and thoroughly depressing article.

Translated into English now, an article including interviews with senior members of the security forces of Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia about Russia, Russians, and the reality of dealing with Russia.

Sobering reading.

Not a new thing.

The German 88mm was originally an AA weapon in WW2 that they quickly found out was a devastating ground attack weapon, for tanks and personnel.

Kim Jong Un discovered the same thing in North Korea

Thanks to OneGreatClub for the link

Hill: It’s very clear that Elon Musk is transmitting a message for Putin. There was a conference in Aspen in late September when Musk offered a version of what was in his tweet — including the recognition of Crimea as Russian because it’s been mostly Russian since the 1780s — and the suggestion that the Ukrainian regions of Kherson and Zaporizhzhia should be up for negotiation, because there should be guaranteed water supplies to Crimea. He made this suggestion before Putin’s annexation of those two territories on September 30. It was a very specific reference. Kherson and Zaporizhzhia essentially control all the water supplies to Crimea. Crimea is a dry peninsula. It has aquifers, but it doesn’t have rivers. It’s dependent on water from the Dnipro River that flows through a canal from Kherson. It’s unlikely Elon Musk knows about this himself. The reference to water is so specific that this clearly is a message from Putin.

I’m probably like most people in this thread, I’m just a punter who likes footy and takes an interest in the wider world. And I knew this stuff. Don’t think it’s far fetched at all for Musk to know it.

I believe Musk when he says that he hasn’t spoken to Putin recently. Why would he? What’s more believable is that he’s spoken to somebody acting on behalf of Putin.

A good, thoughtful, and thoroughly depressing article.

Translated into English now, an article including interviews with senior members of the security forces of Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia about Russia, Russians, and the reality of dealing with Russia.

Sobering reading.

And anyone who thinks that the Weat shouldn't be supporting Ukraine because it prolongs the war should read this and keep it to themselves.

It's beyond time the West should send in troops. and material to everywhere except the front-line.

Yep, Lukashenko aint doing sh!t.

I think l mentioned it before, if you are going to attack an enemy, you dont lose the element of surprise by broadcasting your troop numbers and movements to anyone that will listen like he has, that is just idiotic.

He never had any intention to invade Ukraine, it’s all a bluff to divert the UAF from other fronts. Dont know why he bothered, US intel would show him to be lying anyway and will pass that info to the Ukrainians.

I’m probably like most people in this thread, I’m just a punter who likes footy and takes an interest in the wider world. And I knew this stuff. Don’t think it’s far fetched at all for Musk to know it.

I believe Musk when he says that he hasn’t spoken to Putin recently. Why would he? What’s more believable is that he’s spoken to somebody acting on behalf of Putin.

The thing is that Ian Bremmer who is a renowned and highly respected international risk management professional revealed the conversation. Why would he betray his reputation?

Unless you’re suggesting that Musk completely bullshitted Bremmer. And why would he do that?

Yep, Lukashenko aint doing sh!t.

I think l mentioned it before, if you are going to attack an enemy, you dont lose the element of surprise by broadcasting your troop numbers and movements to anyone that will listen like he has, that is just idiotic.

He never had any intention to invade Ukraine, it’s all a bluff to divert the UAF from other fronts. Dont know why he bothered, US intel would show him to be lying anyway and will pass that info to the Ukrainians.

He also knows if he committed Belarus it’d be ww3 and he’d be one of the first to die

The thing is that Ian Bremmer who is a renowned and highly respected international risk management professional revealed the conversation. Why would he betray his reputation?

Unless you’re suggesting that Musk completely bullshitted Bremmer. And why would he do that?

Putin did it. Of course he did. He sees Musk as a useful idiot, he is used to flattering Western oligarchs for this purpose, and he can both use Musk as a means of sending his messages, and someone who may be useful if he takes actions that are pro-russian, whether with Starlink or in the event he completes a takeover of Twitter. He would definitely see him as useful enough to take a meeting and Musk is narcissistic enough to want that meeting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woke War 3 .... all going to plan.

1st time in history, the 'military industrial complex' has successfully convinced the left that a particular war is great. Even the extreme left like AOC is championing war. Never, ever have the left been warmongers. They always demanded diplomacy. Anyone who calls for peace is getting hounded by the left... Elon Musk, Kanye West, Macron, etc, etc.

Putin and Macron discussed a truce,... Woke NATO and the left wing talking heads shut them down!

Anti war was once the lefts greatest redeeming factor, now even that has evaporated. Hand over your children. Join Woke War 3.

Nice melt. Complains about the left being too right wing and then praises the right wing appeasers and Putin felchers.

One of the best of all time on big footy. And that’s saying something

Looks like Kherson has almost been denazified of Russian invaders. Hopefully they don't try and kidnap too many civilians when they leave.

Rats deserting the sinking ship.

Seems the excuse the orcs are using for the evacuation is that Ukraine are going to blow up the dam at Nova Khakovka thereby flooding the lower regions, even though the flooding would be on the left bank of the river where they want to evacuate everyone to! I mean dont let propaganda get in the way of a good story, especially when they will be the ones blowing the dam up when they surrender it.

Even their newly appointed general is hinting they will run for the hills. Basically want to use civilians as human shields on the retreat.

Nice melt. Complains about the left being too right wing and then praises the right wing appeasers and Putin felchers.

One of the best of all time on big footy. And that’s saying something

In today's edition of guess the previous alias, I am guessing this one is an alt for the now banned maroon and blue.

Any other guesses?

Woke War 3 .... all going to plan.

1st time in history, the 'military industrial complex' has successfully convinced the left that a particular war is great. Even the extreme left like AOC is championing war. Never, ever have the left been warmongers. They always demanded diplomacy. Anyone who calls for peace is now getting hounded by the left! Elon Musk, Kanye West, Macron, etc, etc, all eviscerated by media and left wing (and the right) politicians.

Putin and Macron discussed a truce,... Woke NATO and the left wing talking heads shut them down!

Anti war was once the lefts greatest redeeming factor, now even that has evaporated. Hand over your children. Join Woke War 3.

I’m sure you would be happy for someone to kill all your family, take your house, leave you homeless and then call for a truce where you are still homeless and without your house.

Rats deserting the sinking ship.

Seems the excuse the orcs are using for the evacuation is that Ukraine are going to blow up the dam at Nova Khakovka thereby flooding the lower regions, even though the flooding would be on the left bank of the river where they want to evacuate everyone to! I mean dont let propaganda get in the way of a good story, especially when they will be the ones blowing the dam up when they surrender it.

Even their newly appointed general is hinting they will run for the hills. Basically want to use civilians as human shields on the retreat.

It's standard Russian ethnic cleansing. They've kidnapped the population and forcibly evacuating them to Russia where they'll be used as slave labour to replace the conscripts taken from their jobs.

This is standard Russian behaviour in conquered territories and is a war crime which the world must not look away from. Putin's trial should start now and confiscation of Russian Oligarch assets should begin (currently frozen, they should be completely taken now).

I’m sure you would be happy for someone to kill all your family, take your house, leave you homeless and then call for a truce where you are still homeless and without your house.

I occasionally pop onto Medvedev"s telegram channel and it is clear negotiating with these homicidal maniacs is not possible. He openly declares Ukraine must subjugate to Russia and still rambles on about the long discredited Nazi nonsense.

Post war I don't see how relations between Ukraine & Russia are possible no matter what the result is with Putin/Lavrov/Medvedev in charge.

IIRC Bremner has been caught telling porkers in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back