Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 4 - thread rules updated

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the thread for discussing the War in Ukraine. Should you want to discuss the geopolitics, the history, or an interesting tangent, head over here:

If a post isn't directly concerning the events of the war or starts to derail the thread, report the post to us and we'll move it over there.

Seeing as multiple people seem to have forgotten, abuse is against the rules of BF. Continuous, page long attacks directed at a single poster in this thread will result in threadbans for a week from this point; doing so again once you have returned will make the bans permanent and will be escalated to infractions.

This thread still has misinformation rules, and occasionally you will be asked to demonstrate a claim you have made by moderation. If you cannot, you will be offered the opportunity to amend the post to reflect that it's opinion, to remove the post, or you will be threadbanned and infracted for sharing misinformation.

Addendum: from this point, use of any variant of the word 'orc' to describe combatants, politicians or russians in general will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning. If the behaviour continues, it will be escalated. Consider this fair warning.

Finally: If I see the word Nazi or Hitler being flung around, there had better have a good faith basis as to how it's applicable to the Russian invasion - as in, video/photographic evidence of POW camps designed to remove another ethnic group - or to the current Ukrainian army. If this does not occur, you will be threadbanned for posting off topic

This is a sensitive area, and I understand that this makes for fairly incensed conversation sometimes. This does not mean the rules do not apply, whether to a poster positing a Pro-Ukraine stance or a poster positing an alternative view.

Behave, people.

Last edited:
That would imply that any conversations with this person happen in good faith.

Go see for yourself in that thread, but all this person does is repost ultra-fascist twitter accounts, and then accuse anyone who challenges him of supporting Nazis because of Azov.

Self-awareness is not their strong suit.
Stupidity clearly is.

Think we should all take these twitter posts with a grain of salt, from any side/s

There's been talks of NK soldiers fighting for months now, still not a lot of evidence. Wouldn't surprise me if they were; Defence treaty with Russia, chance for NK troops to get some experience etc.

The sources reporting it are South Korean and Ukrainian intelligence, difficult to take them at face value. Would be tantamount to NK declaring war on Ukraine, could Ukraine do anything about? probably not. Can't see how this changes the fortunes of either side even if 10k estimates are believed

The sources reporting it are South Korean and Ukrainian intelligence, difficult to take them at face value. Would be tantamount to NK declaring war on Ukraine, could Ukraine do anything about? probably not. Can't see how this changes the fortunes of either side even if 10k estimates are believed

The footage is of Koreans speaking Korean present in geolocated locations. I think we can take that at face value. Unless they are South Koreans pretending to be North Koreans, or ex-pat Koreans acting as North Korean troops, then NK troops is not sorted the MZ only if there's a dome above the firmament keeping the water out.

10k, 11k or 12k are still located over in Primorsky (vostok). Nothing hard to believe about this - they might not even be slated for the SMO. Couple of months back it seems there were a smaller number nearer the battlefields but zero proof they were in combat roles. Stlll to this moment no proof the are in any combat roles but geolocated to 3 areas close to frontline (Kursk, background areas of Donetsk and Mariupol) - (my opinion only - ) looks like potentially replacing Russian reserves stationed in places where Ukrainian pressure is less likely (but not impossible) to be applied.

The three most discussed videos include 1 where NK troops are fitted out, 1 of a simple outdoor drill, and 1 of a simple outdoor appearance of a small few. None are combat footage or even in combat locations. All videos are Russian.

One image of an NK soldier in Russia photofits him with a high-ranking officer. It's likely he'd be there to view and report.

Even if 12k, it feels symbolic. 12k is naff-all in this war. Unless they are bringing specific tech knowledge or military expertise with them, it's a roadbump. (could it be related to the NK ammunition/missiles?)

With Putin and NK declaring a military "got your back" alliance, and NK declaring they'll contribute to Putin's war, it's a long reach to doubt the veracity of reports NK troops are loading up for participation. I think we can take that at face value.

I don't think NK being involved in the war will be the big deal politically that we might anticipate and/or wish. Russia's invasion in the first place is a bigger deal than NK kicking in, and we barely raised an eyebrow then, either.

The footage is of Koreans speaking Korean present in geolocated locations. I think we can take that at face value. Unless they are South Koreans pretending to be North Koreans, or ex-pat Koreans acting as North Korean troops, then NK troops is not sorted the MZ only if there's a dome above the firmament keeping the water out.

10k, 11k or 12k are still located over in Primorsky (vostok). Nothing hard to believe about this - they might not even be slated for the SMO. Couple of months back it seems there were a smaller number nearer the battlefields but zero proof they were in combat roles. Stlll to this moment no proof the are in any combat roles but geolocated to 3 areas close to frontline (Kursk, background areas of Donetsk and Mariupol) - (my opinion only - ) looks like potentially replacing Russian reserves stationed in places where Ukrainian pressure is less likely (but not impossible) to be applied.

The three most discussed videos include 1 where NK troops are fitted out, 1 of a simple outdoor drill, and 1 of a simple outdoor appearance of a small few. None are combat footage or even in combat locations. All videos are Russian.

One image of an NK soldier in Russia photofits him with a high-ranking officer. It's likely he'd be there to view and report.

Even if 12k, it feels symbolic. 12k is naff-all in this war. Unless they are bringing specific tech knowledge or military expertise with them, it's a roadbump. (could it be related to the NK ammunition/missiles?)

With Putin and NK declaring a military "got your back" alliance, and NK declaring they'll contribute to Putin's war, it's a long reach to doubt the veracity of reports NK troops are loading up for participation. I think we can take that at face value.

I don't think NK being involved in the war will be the big deal politically that we might anticipate and/or wish. Russia's invasion in the first place is a bigger deal than NK kicking in, and we barely raised an eyebrow then, either.
The Warzone has an article about what South Korea may do - "a phased response."
SK can provide vastly more and better material than NK can, so this move may backfire on Mr P if SK starts suppling arms to Ukraine.

The Warzone has an article about what South Korea may do - "a phased response."
SK can provide vastly more and better material than NK can, so this move may backfire on Mr P if SK starts suppling arms to Ukraine.
SK would essentially have to legislate for it first, so the response cannot be immediate. otherwise yeah, agreed.

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

SK would essentially have to legislate for it first, so the response cannot be immediate. otherwise yeah, agreed.

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

In the short term they could provide gear to nations that are helping Ukraine, on the understanding said nations would ship stuff to Ukraine. ie provide 155mm shells to the US, who in turn sends their own 155mm shells to Ukraine.

Think we should all take these twitter posts with a grain of salt, from any side/s

There's been talks of NK soldiers fighting for months now, still not a lot of evidence. Wouldn't surprise me if they were; Defence treaty with Russia, chance for NK troops to get some experience etc.

It is significant as it is well known Putin's war is done and dusted once he needs to conscript troops from middle / upper class St Petersburg / Moscow etc. It is a sign of desperation that he is calling on North Korean troops for sure.

It is significant as it is well known Putin's war is done and dusted once he needs to conscript troops from middle / upper class St Petersburg / Moscow etc. It is a sign of desperation that he is calling on North Korean troops for sure.
This time comrade, for sure

I think you were calling it finished in mid 2022. Just as soon as those Moscow peasants get conscripted right?

This time comrade, for sure

I think you were calling it finished in mid 2022. Just as soon as those Moscow peasants get conscripted right?

Says the person that Russia would never need foreign troops fighting for it.

How's that going for you tovarisch? And why exactly do you think Adolf Putin needs to conscript North Koreans? According to you, troop numbers was never going to be a problem.

Good luck to your leader when he tries forcible conscription in Moscow & St Petersburg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Says the person that Russia would never need foreign troops fighting for it.

How's that going for you tovarisch? And why exactly do you think Adolf Putin needs to conscript North Koreans? According to you, troop numbers was never going to be a problem.

Good luck to your leader when he tries forcible conscription in Moscow & St Petersburg.
Hahahaha, quote me please?

What a stunning success BRICS was. Official BRICS website tells participants that their own currency payment systems may not work, suggests bringing euros & US dollars (lol)

MBS snubs BRICS in favor of a meeting with Blinken.

Serbian leader prefers a meeting with EU officials over BRICS summit

Aside from the fact this is probs fake news.

Yah lets get it, WW3 baby, you wanted it and we will deliver by escalating. **** diplomacy or concession

Who is the one escalating here, in your mind?

South Korea sending troops to fight Russia in either Russia or Ukraine just because they hate their neighbour is one of the more bizarre stories I’ve heard.

I've heard all they will need to do to send the North Korea troops scampering for their lives is to blast Gangnam style at full volume.

South Korea sending troops to fight Russia in either Russia or Ukraine just because they hate their neighbour is one of the more bizarre stories I’ve heard.

Some important context/background here; South Korea and North Korea are technically still at war.

There's just an 'armistice' but that armistice is solely contained around hostilities in Korea specifically, which resulted in the 38th parallel that became the Korean DMZ.

The key text of the armistice agreement:

"establishing an armistice which will insure a complete cessation of hostilities and of all acts of armed force in Korea until a final peaceful settlement is achieved"

No peaceful settlement was ever achieved. If North Korean military targets are anywhere else in the world other than the Korean peninsula, South Korea isn't being crazy to consider them fair game.

I've heard all they will need to do to send the North Korea troops scampering for their lives is to blast Gangnam style at full volume.
Or set up a Korean BBQ with a big sign over it - 'Free food for all.'

On a slightly different track, there are claims the Russians provided targeting data for ships in the Red sea to the Houthis. It was hard to understand how they were getting accurate positioning data for their missiles and drones, this may be the answer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 4 - thread rules updated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back