We’re Going to be Slaughtered by Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

:rolleyes: So right now I'm "off"? Give me a break. I was far from satisfied with our performance on Saturday so I have every right to be unhappy. Not only is our form well below our best we have a lot of key injuries and combine that with the fact we’re up against THE form team of the competition whose style of play could potentially cause us a lot of problems, I have every reason to be worried.

Doesn’t mean I’m any less of a supporter. I love it how people who doubt some things about the club are considered “bandwaggoners”. How pathetic.
well if you think you can do better, maybe you should try?

Doesn’t mean I’m any less of a supporter. I love it how people who doubt some things about the club are considered “bandwaggoners”. How pathetic.

Please tell me when you plan on providing support... all im getting so far is a bunch of whining, and some Norwood hype.

Seriously, I expect a huge percentage booster for the Cats this week. They are without doubt the form team of the competition, and their game style will give the Crows nightmares. They are a quick team who love to play direct, attacking football. Ling is the best tagger in the league, so expect Goodwin to have a quiet game, and Bartel, Ablett, Corey and co are all ball winning midfielders whoe are extremely damaging midfielders, especially the first two.

If Ablett pushes forward who will stop him? Johncock maybe, but he’s not at full fitness yet. Chapman is one of the most underrated players in the league as he can play through the midfield and up forward and dominate at either position. I’d give Mattner the role on him but he’s going to have to be on his game.

Steve Johnson is in the best form of his life, and Ottens, Mooney and Ablett and all tall options who will give our defence a lot of grief. Then there’s the speedster Travis Varcoe who McLeod might have to man.

David Wojcinski is the one to watch though, he will cut us up with his speed and creativity off the half back flank. When he goes on one of his runs forward, I have no idea who’ll be able to stop him.

We could be embarrassed come next Sunday.

the sky is falling the sky is falling:rolleyes:

Drummond, there is a way of being a 'realist' that doesn't sound like your a ****ing whinging bandwangoner. Surely being a 'realist' you can appreciate the perception you create has created a reality for yourself?

If you can't see that then you obviously can't read above.

I for one am very concerned this weekends game will be very difficult for us. We're under pressure from injuries and a few guys getting match fit again. Geelong present numerous match-up problems for us. However, I'm sure the boys can lift from last weekends performance. If they can sharpen up their delivery and apply pressure like we know they can I believe we might just get up.

There, its NOT that hard.

Well... unless you want to whinge and bag the boys coz you enjoy it. Go on.. be honest.. you do.. don't you?

Crows will win by 5 goals.

Thats the spirit, I also have a feeling we will might win this game also. Beware the crows on the rebound.

How long have you supported the Crows for Drummond ? If the Crows have been under the pump and then come up against a quality side our history says that we will have a red hot go and are a great chance to win. I think most that have supported the crows for a while would have also know that our history gave us all an inkling that there was a really good chance that we would drop one of the Richmond, Carlton or Melbourne games. Dont panic Drummond, lets see how we go this week, but I am honestly confident this week and will tip us and because I tipped the bullies and Freo against us this year as well so I dont just tip Adelaide every week.

Look people I know Drummond can be a bit negative at times, and generally seems to pick out the flaws in the team rather than the positives, but to question his legitimacy as a supporter is a bit of a low blow.

Dont confuse real passion for wanting a bit of excellence as lack of support.

agreed, drummond may be very quick to criticise but i also can find myself very frustrated with the crowies. left bfor three quarter time on the wkend! but dont question whether im a supporter or not, was shitty bout it for the next 3 days... i will have to agree that we are really up against it against geelong and everyone has said that is when we seem to play our best... as much as i want a win i dont even mind if we lose as long as we play a decent attacking brand of footy that gives us a genuine chance of winning... its hardest watching us lose wen we play like rubbish like we did against melbounrne! i just want to see us have a red hot crack, see wat can happen and lets hope we leave with the 4 points!

agreed, drummond may be very quick to criticise but i also can find myself very frustrated with the crowies. left bfor three quarter time on the wkend! but dont question whether im a supporter or not, was shitty bout it for the next 3 days... i will have to agree that we are really up against it against geelong and everyone has said that is when we seem to play our best... as much as i want a win i dont even mind if we lose as long as we play a decent attacking brand of footy that gives us a genuine chance of winning... its hardest watching us lose wen we play like rubbish like we did against melbounrne! i just want to see us have a red hot crack, see wat can happen and lets hope we leave with the 4 points!

If we played like you spell, I'd head home at three quarter time too.

left before 3 quarter time? weak as piss, get the **** off this board

why? everyone is entitled to their own way of following.... if the crows had shown anything that had been worth staying for i would have... it wasnt the losing it was the fact that they were giving nothing... they looked flat and like they didn't want to be there and i didn't need to sit through watching them get flogged... what makes you a fan more than anyone else?

anywhere else I would say 7+ goals plus to the cats. HOWEVER AAMI is about a a 4-5 goal advantage me thinks. Now you may do the math then and think that Geelong will win by 2-3 goals BUT if it is within 12 points it is ANYONES game.

For mine though...cats by 35+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why? everyone is entitled to their own way of following.... if the crows had shown anything that had been worth staying for i would have... it wasnt the losing it was the fact that they were giving nothing... they looked flat and like they didn't want to be there and i didn't need to sit through watching them get flogged... what makes you a fan more than anyone else?

you are a pathetic bandwagoner, we don't need you supporting the team
this kind of attitude proves that if the Crows really start going bad and miss the finals for a couple of years you will no longer support them
as a supporter you should be there for the good and bad times, you shouldn't just hang around when they are winning you are ****ing a disgrace and need to be deleted from the supporter base as soon as possible as you are an embarrassment

this kind of attitude proves that if the Crows really start going bad and miss the finals for a couple of years you will no longer support them
as a supporter you should be there for the good and bad times, you shouldn't just hang around when they are winning you are ****ing a disgrace and need to be deleted from the supporter base as soon as possible as you are an embarrassment

how can you call be a bandwagoner??? i have been a supporter my whole bloody life, never miss a game if i can help it and will proudly wear the club colours anywhere and time whether we are on top of the ladder or the bloody bottom! the adelaide footy club is a massive part fo my life and having you say im not a supporter because one week i couldn't stomach the pain of sitting and watching them get flogged! you wouldnt have a clue! ive been a member for the last 7 years and have supported them through thick and thin! wonder whether they club would want me to hang around as a member? you are speaking on behalf of yourself and you would have no idea how much i support the club and what they mean to me!

how can you call be a bandwagoner??? ...etc {edit}!

If you're going to admit to leaving early, then you've got to expect to have your loyalty questioned.

I think Rooster Lad was being kind! :p

If you can't bear watching the Crows get flogged and have to leave, well it is a free country (sort of). But mate its like picking your nose, don't admit to it in public.

while i wouldn't have put it that way, i agree

being a supporter means you take the good with the bad, and you don't care if you get stuck in traffic

Samdaman I think that RL did have a right to question your support as in our minds here the true supporters will stay until the final siren. I have only left a game early once and that's cause my little sister really needed to pee (I had made her hang on for most of the last quarter, and if we hadn't of left well I would have been in big trouble with the parentals. It meant that I missed Jammo kicking that winning goal against fitzroy! :eek:)

In my mind being a supporter is not about wearing the colours, or even being a paid up member. It's about the support I give my team by following them through the good and the bad and staying to support them even when we are badly losing and not leaving the game or turning the tele off.

Geezus people. Slight overreaction I think. If he was pissed off to the point where leaving was the best option for him, STIFF SHIT.

Its not what I'd do nor what most of the posters on this board would do, but seriously the self rightousness of a few people around here is a bit over the top.

Maybe we should have a qualifying process to be an AFC supporter, we could all get a certificate or a badge that says we are a "real supporter".:rolleyes:

A bloke leaves the game at 3 quarter time or has an opinion that we will get smashed on the weekend, you'd think they've committed treachery and should be banished forever. Get pissed in the outer by quarter time and not remember a thing about the last 3 quarters and your a legend? :rolleyes:

Taking it all a bit too serious are we?

Geezus people. Slight overreaction I think. If he was pissed off to the point where leaving was the best option for him, STIFF SHIT.

Its not what I'd do nor what most of the posters on this board would do, but seriously the self rightousness of a few people around here is a bit over the top.

Maybe we should have a qualifying process to be an AFC supporter, we could all get a certificate or a badge that says we are a "real supporter".:rolleyes:

A bloke leaves the game at 3 quarter time or has an opinion that we will get smashed on the weekend, you'd think they've committed treachery and should be banished forever. Get pissed in the outer by quarter time and not remember a thing about the last 3 quarters and your a legend? :rolleyes:

Taking it all a bit too serious are we?
i dont think so

maybe with samdaman we have over reacted a touch, but drummond has been a serial offender (just have a look through all the previous threads, not too many positives ones there)

we are all here cos we love our crow boys, but i personally get the feeling that some are here more to whine and moan, when it isn't usually neccesary

i dont think so

maybe with samdaman we have over reacted a touch, but drummond has been a serial offender (just have a look through all the previous threads, not too many positives ones there)

we are all here cos we love our crow boys, but i personally get the feeling that some are here more to whine and moan, when it isn't usually neccesary

I dont necessarily disagree with you, but I will say this. Drummond is very good at stimulating duscussion.;) Even if it is for all the wrong reasons.

Samdaman I think that RL did have a right to question your support as in our minds here the true supporters will stay until the final siren. I have only left a game early once and that's cause my little sister really needed to pee (I had made her hang on for most of the last quarter, and if we hadn't of left well I would have been in big trouble with the parentals. It meant that I missed Jammo kicking that winning goal against fitzroy! :eek:)

In my mind being a supporter is not about wearing the colours, or even being a paid up member. It's about the support I give my team by following them through the good and the bad and staying to support them even when we are badly losing and not leaving the game or turning the tele off.

I definately agree with you, and the point he raised is a contradiction how can you say that you are a loyal supporter that will stick by then through thick and thin and then try justify leaving at 3 quarter time because they were shit. That isnt sticking by them through thick and thin in my opinion.

I have been guilty of leaving early, once, against Hawthorn at footy park in 1994. Other than that I have sat through some shockers like Adelaide V Collingwood at Vic Park in 1991 and some other beltings in Victoria and sat a watch the whole massacre at the gabbatoir in 2004 on television. As much as you hate watching it just makes the victories far more sweeter.

Unfortunately though every club has their supporters that when the going gets tough they go home, even our cousins have been exposed with the same mentality even though they pretended that it was only an AFC thing.

I definately agree with you, and the point he raised is a contradiction how can you say that you are a loyal supporter that will stick by then through thick and thin and then try justify leaving at 3 quarter time because they were shit. That isnt sticking by them through thick and thin in my opinion.

I have been guilty of leaving early, once, against Hawthorn at footy park in 1994. Other than that I have sat through some shockers like Adelaide V Collingwood at Vic Park in 1991 and some other beltings in Victoria and sat a watch the whole massacre at the gabbatoir in 2004 on television. As much as you hate watching it just makes the victories far more sweeter.

Unfortunately though every club has their supporters that when the going gets tough they go home, even our cousins have been exposed with the same mentality even though they pretended that it was only an AFC thing.

You have a strange family tree. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re Going to be Slaughtered by Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back