We’re Going to be Slaughtered by Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I have never in my football going days left a game early because if you want to be there for the good time, you have to be willing to sit through the bad time as well.

As a supporter it a non negotiable rule not to leave early but saying that; if someone wants to leave early has right to do so if the team they follow isn’t putting the effort in.

The Crows didn’t fire a shot until ¾ time on Saturday so he has every reason to leave early. If the players don’t turn up and perform like they should and cannot be stuffed by showing some heart about the jumper or the game they are playing, why should we as a supporter put in the same effort.

Individual preference, someone leaving early isn’t a bandwagon fan.

I have never in my football going days left a game early because if you want to be there for the good time, you have to be willing to sit through the bad time as well.

who says i wasnt feeling the bad times? i sat through three quarters of rubbish, then felt like crap about the game for the next few days! just because i didn't sit and watch doesnt mean i wasnt feeling the pain! if anything i get a little too into the crows games and thats the reason why i left early, nothing to do with not being a true fan! get too involved and too hurt! mabe i walked out a little early but in every game every week as soon as the contest is over hudreds walk out!

who says i wasnt feeling the bad times? i sat through three quarters of rubbish, then felt like crap about the game for the next few days! just because i didn't sit and watch doesnt mean i wasnt feeling the pain! if anything i get a little too into the crows games and thats the reason why i left early, nothing to do with not being a true fan! get too involved and too hurt! mabe i walked out a little early but in every game every week as soon as the contest is over hudreds walk out!

I didn’t say you weren’t a true fan, that sounds like a bit of paranoia and maybe you are trying to convince yourself you are a true fan.

I don’t have a problem with you leaving early; I just said I would never leave a game early.

Go back and read the rest of my quote.

We'll be alright, its gonna be a pretty tough match and there probably will be a few 5-10 minute periods where they will walk all over and out run us but (hopefully) this wont be the story of all 120 minutes. Playing at home and we're not a bad side, if not world beaters. Plus theres gonna be a maccattack this week! Go Kenny you good thing! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

sorry, but you are the epitome of a fair weather fan.

Of course you don't think you are, whoever does?

In 2004, when we were thrashed by Brisbane, I spent the whole game drinking by myself in a god awful sports bar while all of my friends were hanging in groovy inner city pubs.

Saturday night, drinking by myself...getting more and more depressed surrounded by Rugby loving morons, suffering through our worst loss ever...

BUT these are the times that make our victories all the more sweet!

I'm sure Tyson Edwards felt pretty strongly about the game, I'm sure Scott Thompson wanted to go home at 3 quarter time, but they can't go home! And neither can we!

The really sad thing is Samdaman missed out on our come back, the one redeeming part of the game where we showed some fight and some pride. He missed that little glimmer of hope for next week.

I say look beyond our natural feelings of revulsion and disgust and...pity him.

re : drummond bashing.

I have just finished reading this thread which seems at least half drummond bashing, half footy talk. While sticking up for this person may come back to haunt me, I dont see a problem with drummonds comments at all. I think you sooky la la's that are whining and trolling up the boards with your complaints are the problem! (Also, im aware of the irony of this post.)

I mean what do you expect? We just put in a terrible performance, almost stole game only to be let down once again missing easy as sh!t goals (throughout the day not just 4thQ) and left supporters thinking "where was that effort in the 2nd Q?". In top of that we only seem to be just beating low ranked teams so of course our situation is not so great, and doesnt look great for next week. YES we can hope, but it doesnt meant we should all blindly believe that we will win and that every player on our list is the best ever.

Then you people come in here telling drummond off for saying it how it is - in reality. You act like the afc is saddam-run iraq and no ones allowed to say anything bad, ever, about anything. Your stupid 'adelaide is the greatest no matter what' attitude is the kind of attitude that gives the players over confidence and what makes them crap against lowly ranked sides. Open your eyes fools we aint much of a side at the moment, every week i see laziness that i never see when watching other top 4 teams. Damn lazy players standing with they hands on hip watching the action go by, SW im looking in your direction :D Caught them doing that on tv let alone if i was at that game!!

God it makes me shudder to think how the crows would play if you ppl ran the club- eg "its ok, doesnt matter that he kicked ten goals on you - you tried your best! Thats all you ever have to do! Now just close your eyes and pretend all the bad guys/things dont exist as we drift back into the real world of faeries and make believe fa la la LA LA!" Chik chik - BOOM!- no premierships for that club! Or its "thats negative - we dont like negative so whatever you said means nothing" way to avoid reality ppl!

If you dont like the thoughts that this drummond guy provokes why keep reading his threads?? Why not read something else!I bet these are the same people who instead of just changing the channel when a crap show comes on - theyll ring the tv station to complain. GOD i hate these kind of people !

This team needs hard criticism - they rate themselves way too high and think that they r the sh!t! West coast also does this but the difference is they won the gf last year! The sh!t in our team is the forward line- and this is not good sh!t. I think some under 14's i know are better kicks on goal than the adelaide boys - our forwards coach needs to be fired, out of a cannon, INTO THE SUN! FULL STOP

Where is the pain and motivation of getting rolled in the pf 2 years in a row?? This is the same kind of pain and misery that geelong has in the back of there minds this year, plus all the stinging criticism by the media over the last few years. Who knows if it will take them all the way? Hopefully the crows get it together before its too late this year.

I think craigy should hire blighty to stand on the boundary during training and games to crack a whip and yell various insults at the players. :D

Sorry for the rant - but i really get sick of the " be positive at all times, nothings ever bad" bullcrap. People say this makes the world better i think it just makes for more ignorant people in the world. I just gotta remember the dicks, pussies and assholes part from team america :D

^ Thats a load of crap. Most of us would handle someone being negative about our performance last week, or our chances this week, were the person making the thread objective.

Instead we're treated to whinefest after whinefest from Drummond every week, win or lose. When other memorable Drummond threads that come to mind from the last month include great lines like 'We'll be sorry', and 'were we wrong?' (and thats just the titles), we all get sick of the whining and norwood bias. His opinion has become worthless, and its his own doing, as he becomes a cartoon version of himself more and more everyweek, to the point where he should almost be banned for trolling.

On the second level, i hate people who think its a crime to be positive about the club, and actually support them. You think coming on here and throwing baseless accusations about a lack of motivation and arrogance is helping to decrease the worlds ignorance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

re : drummond bashing.

I have just finished reading this thread which seems at least half drummond bashing, half footy talk. While sticking up for this person may come back to haunt me, I dont see a problem with drummonds comments at all. I think you sooky la la's that are whining and trolling up the boards with your complaints are the problem! (Also, im aware of the irony of this post.)

I mean what do you expect? We just put in a terrible performance, almost stole game only to be let down once again missing easy as sh!t goals (throughout the day not just 4thQ) and left supporters thinking "where was that effort in the 2nd Q?". In top of that we only seem to be just beating low ranked teams so of course our situation is not so great, and doesnt look great for next week. YES we can hope, but it doesnt meant we should all blindly believe that we will win and that every player on our list is the best ever.

Then you people come in here telling drummond off for saying it how it is - in reality. You act like the afc is saddam-run iraq and no ones allowed to say anything bad, ever, about anything. Your stupid 'adelaide is the greatest no matter what' attitude is the kind of attitude that gives the players over confidence and what makes them crap against lowly ranked sides. Open your eyes fools we aint much of a side at the moment, every week i see laziness that i never see when watching other top 4 teams. Damn lazy players standing with they hands on hip watching the action go by, SW im looking in your direction :D Caught them doing that on tv let alone if i was at that game!!

God it makes me shudder to think how the crows would play if you ppl ran the club- eg "its ok, doesnt matter that he kicked ten goals on you - you tried your best! Thats all you ever have to do! Now just close your eyes and pretend all the bad guys/things dont exist as we drift back into the real world of faeries and make believe fa la la LA LA!" Chik chik - BOOM!- no premierships for that club! Or its "thats negative - we dont like negative so whatever you said means nothing" way to avoid reality ppl!

If you dont like the thoughts that this drummond guy provokes why keep reading his threads?? Why not read something else!I bet these are the same people who instead of just changing the channel when a crap show comes on - theyll ring the tv station to complain. GOD i hate these kind of people !

This team needs hard criticism - they rate themselves way too high and think that they r the sh!t! West coast also does this but the difference is they won the gf last year! The sh!t in our team is the forward line- and this is not good sh!t. I think some under 14's i know are better kicks on goal than the adelaide boys - our forwards coach needs to be fired, out of a cannon, INTO THE SUN! FULL STOP

Where is the pain and motivation of getting rolled in the pf 2 years in a row?? This is the same kind of pain and misery that geelong has in the back of there minds this year, plus all the stinging criticism by the media over the last few years. Who knows if it will take them all the way? Hopefully the crows get it together before its too late this year.

I think craigy should hire blighty to stand on the boundary during training and games to crack a whip and yell various insults at the players. :D

Sorry for the rant - but i really get sick of the " be positive at all times, nothings ever bad" bullcrap. People say this makes the world better i think it just makes for more ignorant people in the world. I just gotta remember the dicks, pussies and assholes part from team america :D

Not even our mate Jack had that quick of a response. :D

We are a good side and will be thereabouts with a chance of winning the big one again this year. Why the negatives? What would this board be like if we were a bottom side? Constructive criticism, as with most people that post, is fine. It's the constant whinge that gets annoying. Just look at the title of this thread. Hey, we are going to put 22 footballers onto the park the same as the Cats this week. Yeah, they are travelling well, but we have the footballers and the coaching staff to beat them if things fall into place for us.
I get sick of the mindless drivel posted by some that says we have players that aren't trying. When you have a short career in which you are capable of earning a huge salary for a few years at most, don't you suppose you would be putting in to the best of your ability each week either in the 1s or 2s? That's just the money side of it, then there's personal pride that goes with playing well and pride in the jumper.
Footballers sometimes have their colours lowered on the field. That's footy. It doesn't mean they haven't busted their bum to try to get that ball.
I played several hundred games of footy at various levels, and honestly, there was not one game in which I did not strive my hardest to win the ball, my position and the game. Those of you who have played at any level, think back to your own time on the field. How often were you not trying? Why does anyone suppose that blokes at this top level are out there not bloody trying?
People complain because midfielders and forwards sometimes don't exert pressure. Think about these blokes as human beings. Sometimes footballers have given all they have to give for that particular moment. They are super-fit, but they are human beings. Sometimes you get one, accidently or not in the lower groin or in the guts. Try chasing hard when that happens.
We might get done on Sunday and then we might win. There are going to be two good sides out there. Either way, I'll support the team.

We Will Win:D

Geelong must be playing well if you read the stats.
Points for ...yada yadda yada
...but we've got pride.

Pride for the Jumper...

Pride of the State...

We will reek that much wrath on the Cats in the first quarter they'll need a MASH unit.

True...I reckon we will have heard from all the doomsayers about our close finishes over the last few weeks, our once touted second favourite tag scoffed at...hell even drummond thinks we're gawn.

The Cats will be actually playing in front of a crowd THIS time round:rolleyes: there will be no teal seats to be seen anywhere.

No reason why, if we commit ourselves, ala the Bulldog game, they cant be beaten:thumbsu:

I'll be there too:thumbsu:hoarse and thirsty

Seriously, I expect a huge percentage booster for the Cats this week. They are without doubt the form team of the competition, and their game style will give the Crows nightmares. They are a quick team who love to play direct, attacking football. Ling is the best tagger in the league, so expect Goodwin to have a quiet game, and Bartel, Ablett, Corey and co are all ball winning midfielders whoe are extremely damaging midfielders, especially the first two.

If Ablett pushes forward who will stop him? Johncock maybe, but he’s not at full fitness yet. Chapman is one of the most underrated players in the league as he can play through the midfield and up forward and dominate at either position. I’d give Mattner the role on him but he’s going to have to be on his game.

Steve Johnson is in the best form of his life, and Ottens, Mooney and Ablett and all tall options who will give our defence a lot of grief. Then there’s the speedster Travis Varcoe who McLeod might have to man.

David Wojcinski is the one to watch though, he will cut us up with his speed and creativity off the half back flank. When he goes on one of his runs forward, I have no idea who’ll be able to stop him.

We could be embarrassed come next Sunday.

Agree we are in big big trouble this w/end:(

Agree we are in big big trouble this w/end:(

Macca No 1 you are such a doomsday merchant. The way you started mouthing off during the preseason you would have thought we would be in Richmonds position.
Yes it will be tough, impossible no! I actually think we have a good chance of winning if we play to our best. This season has shown one thing, when we are expected to lose we win, when we are expected to win we lose, so keep up the negativity.

They've won against us here twice in the past 20 years and that's not about to change! were not piss weak port we are the MIGHTY ADELAIDE CROWS!!!! I'm expecting a hard fought win!!

Where's the confindece guys!!

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re Going to be Slaughtered by Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back