We’re Going to be Slaughtered by Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

TAB are thinking otherwise with the odds obviously in Geelongs way, but not by that much

Crows $2.01
Cats $1.78
Slight underdogs. Not such a bad thing.

Can't see us winning a shootout as we don't have the forwards to kick enough goals, but if we close it down a little and get them on the break you never know. If the cats decide to pack their well known handbags in the footy kit that will help too.

Where's the confindece guys!!

Learn to spell 1st :) Confidence is fine, didn't help for last week against the bottom side. I too think we're in trouble against a top side this year this week. Doesn't mean I don't go nor hope for the best.

How do you do your tipping ?

re : drummond bashing.

I have just finished reading this thread which seems at least half drummond bashing, half footy talk. While sticking up for this person may come back to haunt me, I dont see a problem with drummonds comments at all. I think you sooky la la's that are whining and trolling up the boards with your complaints are the problem! (Also, im aware of the irony of this post.)

I mean what do you expect? We just put in a terrible performance, almost stole game only to be let down once again missing easy as sh!t goals (throughout the day not just 4thQ) and left supporters thinking "where was that effort in the 2nd Q?". In top of that we only seem to be just beating low ranked teams so of course our situation is not so great, and doesnt look great for next week. YES we can hope, but it doesnt meant we should all blindly believe that we will win and that every player on our list is the best ever.

Then you people come in here telling drummond off for saying it how it is - in reality. You act like the afc is saddam-run iraq and no ones allowed to say anything bad, ever, about anything. Your stupid 'adelaide is the greatest no matter what' attitude is the kind of attitude that gives the players over confidence and what makes them crap against lowly ranked sides. Open your eyes fools we aint much of a side at the moment, every week i see laziness that i never see when watching other top 4 teams. Damn lazy players standing with they hands on hip watching the action go by, SW im looking in your direction :D Caught them doing that on tv let alone if i was at that game!!

God it makes me shudder to think how the crows would play if you ppl ran the club- eg "its ok, doesnt matter that he kicked ten goals on you - you tried your best! Thats all you ever have to do! Now just close your eyes and pretend all the bad guys/things dont exist as we drift back into the real world of faeries and make believe fa la la LA LA!" Chik chik - BOOM!- no premierships for that club! Or its "thats negative - we dont like negative so whatever you said means nothing" way to avoid reality ppl!

If you dont like the thoughts that this drummond guy provokes why keep reading his threads?? Why not read something else!I bet these are the same people who instead of just changing the channel when a crap show comes on - theyll ring the tv station to complain. GOD i hate these kind of people !

This team needs hard criticism - they rate themselves way too high and think that they r the sh!t! West coast also does this but the difference is they won the gf last year! The sh!t in our team is the forward line- and this is not good sh!t. I think some under 14's i know are better kicks on goal than the adelaide boys - our forwards coach needs to be fired, out of a cannon, INTO THE SUN! FULL STOP

Where is the pain and motivation of getting rolled in the pf 2 years in a row?? This is the same kind of pain and misery that geelong has in the back of there minds this year, plus all the stinging criticism by the media over the last few years. Who knows if it will take them all the way? Hopefully the crows get it together before its too late this year.

I think craigy should hire blighty to stand on the boundary during training and games to crack a whip and yell various insults at the players. :D

Sorry for the rant - but i really get sick of the " be positive at all times, nothings ever bad" bullcrap. People say this makes the world better i think it just makes for more ignorant people in the world. I just gotta remember the dicks, pussies and assholes part from team america :D
It's interesting that you believe realism means indulgence in emotional displays to gratify the idea that you are real and have acquired more realness then another person through this performance.

This attitude falls in a hole in logic, the fact of the matter is attention upon anxiety, lacking and inability in anything more then a referencing indicator of misdirection promotes the state itself.
Stating a possible conclusion with certainty and moping about it is useful to whom?
Especially from a person in no way relative to a determining factor in the possible outcome, given he didn't commandeer the Geelong passenger jet and plow it into the ground as I have heard no news to suggest as to such I would figure that his feeling towards the game will have little impact.

Generally people attempt to work with what they have in the direction of what they don't and there are a lot of things adelaide don't have and they are not about to get them by a supporter moping about it, instead if this supporter were to rely on them self instead of their football teams winning a football game for their self worth or enjoyment they might just be onto something.
As far as the movie quote goes assholes are created by dicks in the narcissistic mating dance strange that creating their own reality and all being so very real.
Ignorance is the exact thing you get when your controlled by emotion and in turn misdirected belief basing your opinions on distaste instead of this objective basis in which you insist upon.
You believe perhaps someone will react to being treated in a way such as perhaps Pitman was by Blight, I gather in the way you perceive that he did, well that's great and all but from what basis did any reaction come from?
Positive belief in his ability for without that he'd just crumble down.
Running towards something is a far more preferable course of action to running away from pain and if you cannot cultivate the desire without instigation what a cowardly puppet you are anyway.:cool:

If you have existential problems with 'you people' a group which I assure you that you are among and reality there are plenty of places that can help you out with lovely 12 step programs :p:thumbsu:

Slight underdogs. Not such a bad thing.

Can't see us winning a shootout as we don't have the forwards to kick enough goals, but if we close it down a little and get them on the break you never know. If the cats decide to pack their well known handbags in the footy kit that will help too.

Funny hearing the "handbags" comment from a team that plays the most boring, uncontested, contrived brand of football in the AFL.

Funny hearing the "handbags" comment from a team that plays the most boring, uncontested, contrived brand of football in the AFL.
Hey I didn't make it up. It's been enshrined in your club's Constitution
for many years. In fact I hear the heritage uniform this year will even include a matching handbag :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's interesting that you believe realism means indulgence in emotional displays to gratify the idea that you are real and have acquired more realness then another person through this performance.

This attitude falls in a hole in logic, the fact of the matter is attention upon anxiety, lacking and inability in anything more then a referencing indicator of misdirection promotes the state itself.
Stating a possible conclusion with certainty and moping about it is useful to whom?
Especially from a person in no way relative to a determining factor in the possible outcome, given he didn't commandeer the Geelong passenger jet and plow it into the ground as I have heard no news to suggest as to such I would figure that his feeling towards the game will have little impact.

Generally people attempt to work with what they have in the direction of what they don't and there are a lot of things adelaide don't have and they are not about to get them by a supporter moping about it, instead if this supporter were to rely on them self instead of their football teams winning a football game for their self worth or enjoyment they might just be onto something.
As far as the movie quote goes assholes are created by dicks in the narcissistic mating dance strange that creating their own reality and all being so very real.
Ignorance is the exact thing you get when your controlled by emotion and in turn misdirected belief basing your opinions on distaste instead of this objective basis in which you insist upon.
You believe perhaps someone will react to being treated in a way such as perhaps Pitman was by Blight, I gather in the way you perceive that he did, well that's great and all but from what basis did any reaction come from?
Positive belief in his ability for without that he'd just crumble down.
Running towards something is a far more preferable course of action to running away from pain and if you cannot cultivate the desire without instigation what a cowardly puppet you are anyway.:cool:

If you have existential problems with 'you people' a group which I assure you that you are among and reality there are plenty of places that can help you out with lovely 12 step programs :p:thumbsu:

Mind summarising that in a couple of sentences sans bombasticism?

I know Mattner has spent some game time on the wing this year, I think it's time he returns to the wing full time. On paper Mattner looks great in defense. He has the height to play on medium sized forwards and the pace to oppose small elusive forwards. He has dash, loves to run and has a long penetrating kick. However, in general, Mattner looks to have lost confidence back there. When he runs from defence he seems indecisive, gets run down, and makes skill errors. We no longer see his tough tackling and consistent 100m plays.

In defense he seems to get caught out on the lead. He has pace but still gets caught behind his opponent. He must not read the play that well from defense.

I prefer Mattner playing as a wingman who often drops back into defense as third man up, but can also grab the ball and run forward and have the occasional long shot at goal.

He seems to read the play much better when dropping back into defense rather than starting in defense.

PLUS we need his hard 1%ers in the middle of the ground.

This is a Port Power reference?

I have to add that of all the sides in the AFL, Adelaide is the least watchable. Sydney at the SCG is well and truely up there, but Adelaide's brand is just plain rubbish from the perspective of the football fan. Port Adelaide plays a far more watchable style in my opinion.

I'm really hoping for something remotely like an open, contested game of football today. Not this numbers back uncontested rubbish. What exactly do you guys have to back up the 'hand bagger' comment anyway? Your team does everything it can to avoid contested football and are possible the biggest flooders in the league. So you don't want to play contested = soft? You want to keep scores(both sides) to absolute minimum / always defensive = promote a soccer style AFL?

Win or lose I hope it's a good game. I nearly turned the TV off last night watching the crap shown by the Bulldogs. Running down the clock with 5-6 minutes to go?? WTF???

The Crows will win, I have my account riding on it.

Edit: okay so I probably won't leave even if we do lose but suffice it to say I'm very confident. :D
Crows will win by 8 goals.
we will slaughter the cats.... book mark this
We Will Win:D

Geelong must be playing well if you read the stats.
Points for ...yada yadda yada
...but we've got pride.

Pride for the Jumper...

Pride of the State...

We will reek that much wrath on the Cats in the first quarter they'll need a MASH unit.
:D:D:D

I have to add that of all the sides in the AFL, Adelaide is the least watchable. Sydney at the SCG is well and truely up there, but Adelaide's brand is just plain rubbish from the perspective of the football fan. Port Adelaide plays a far more watchable style in my opinion.

I'm really hoping for something remotely like an open, contested game of football today. Not this numbers back uncontested rubbish. What exactly do you guys have to back up the 'hand bagger' comment anyway? Your team does everything it can to avoid contested football and are possible the biggest flooders in the league. So you don't want to play contested = soft? You want to keep scores(both sides) to absolute minimum / always defensive = promote a soccer style AFL?

Win or lose I hope it's a good game. I nearly turned the TV off last night watching the crap shown by the Bulldogs. Running down the clock with 5-6 minutes to go?? WTF???

I really find it funny that these Geelong fans don't get what brand of footy they are using, the same kind that left them how many points behind last year?
Most myopic whining football fan is what you mean.
It's lovely to have not only a fully fit team on the field but a full squad as well.
http://www.finalsiren.com/MatchDetails.asp?GameID=4419&Code=b4ddfba52bc14223fe9f5b43c1e63f61
See any names not playing today?
We do not have crumbers, like your friend with his 15 defender bs your opinion is a joke.
I'm listening to your moronic opinion regurgitated on SEN right now and you are completely out of touch as he is.
We do not have the players to win the ball at ground level in the forward lines take a good look and find some perspective perhaps.
Put your attention to the number of forward 50 entries adelaide get what happens when the ball goes to ground.
The forward line is crippled and the reserve forwards in the SANFL are injured as well or returning and have a lack of match fitness.

Well I hoped you turned your TV off as you promised as Geelong played rubbish football as well. Where was your famous running game?

They played zone footy as well so don't too precious about being negative on negative football. Or just another typical hypocrite.

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re Going to be Slaughtered by Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back