Autopsy We are the 2013 Premiers!!!!! Do the autopsy, express your joy.... all the good stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy vegemite.

Thought teams both played well but hawthorns home advantage by way of goal kicking in a swirly wind made the difference
Appatarently freo got on the MCG for the first time today ( i wonder if it earns them an mcg game against us next year ).

Gave us a three goal lead which we maintained, more or less

The Cats game was our Grand Final. This was in the bag all along. We had to win this year...and it showed. The boys came to win.

Gunston my best on ground.

You could not have written a better script. Smash Sydney, break the curse, then win the Redemption Flag.

Hawks to go back to back. Premiers 2013, 2014.

Thanks Hawthorn, 17 years ago we almost lost you, now you're bigger and stronger and bringing us more joy than ever!

What an INSPIRING post Gauntlet. You are a Giant (HALES/BAILS) amongst dwarves (PuoP/Clarko)!!!

I am so thankful for that post-merger member FLURRY!!! We are the family club (Mitch/Lake/Hodges kids running out) and we are the most SUCCESSFUL club in the last 60 YEARS!!! At least 1 Every Decade!!!

I LOVE THIS CLUB

Add your nomination to the hall of shame. Those media experts who disrespected the Hawks after one quarter of 'pressure' of footy and were swept up in the Purple hype.

Matthews, Commetti, McAvanie, Mooney, Lloyd, Hutchinson, Newman, N.Brown, Brownless, Robbo, Carey, Darcy, BT, Harley, Wheatley, Lyon, Ox, Sheahan, Healy, Roos, Wallace, Bartlett.

I'm sure there's more.

Some have tipped against us for all three finals,,AND missed all the upsets in week one. Itd be interesting to compile a list of shame

Congratulations Hawthorn for a great year:
  • John Coleman Medal - Jarryd Roughead
  • Liston Trophy Medal - Mitch Hallahan
  • McLelland Trophy Winner
  • VFL Premiers 2013
  • AFL Premiers 2013
  • Norm Smith Medallist - Brian Lake
And on top of all that - 2013 Goal of the year to Buddy Franklin!!

For the last time this year, a big f*** you to Vlad and his cronies for the FIXture. Screw you, we still prevailed! Also, after determining pre-game that the Norm Smith would surely be awarded to one of a number of onballers, it ended up being tightly contested b/w a forward and a back. Wowee.

Congrats to everyone associated with our great club, to all our awesome supporters and posters out there - it's time to celebrate!!!!

Woohoo!!!!

You just missed one: Norm Goss Medallist (best player in VFL GF) - Jonathan Simpkin. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So proud of the boys right now. The best team all year by far.

Lake = recruit of the year!! People questioned his recruitment much like they did when we got Dew in 2007.

Gunston is a star.

Hodge was massive, really led by example.

Everyone contributed. We displayed the greatest pressure ever seen in the modern era.

Clarko is the best coach of his generation. 2 flags from 3 GF's, Lyon 0 from 4. Enough said

I have been a Hawk for 42 years and a member for a fraction shorter but I must say I have never been prouder to be a Hawk.

Born a Hawk Die a Hawk.

I am so drunk the missus says I should get a medal to be able to type at this point in time.

You still haven't updated your signature which lists all our flags.

!!!!!!!!!2013!!!!!!!!!!!

The first record

No team has won more Premierships than Hawthorn since entered the competition in 1925.

Second record

The only team to have won a Premiership in six consecutive decades.

More to follow

It is funny how things happen, since the 1970s the Hawks have never been far away yet before 1960 were just ugly.

Great win, great recruitment, great culture.

Well done Hawks, you took your chances and we didn't. I thought Lake was a surprising albeit deserved winner of the NS, I'm sure a lot will be talked about his addition to the team resulting in a premiership.

It's a shame our off-season recruit was such a ball butcher today but Pearce wasn't alone there.

Cya campaigners next year, and hopefully at the G.

Also forgot some of the Mitchell/Crowley one on ones made for some gripping watching, Mitchell was hitting him pretty hard in the tackle was a good battle for most of the day.
Loved Strattons tackle on Crowley in the last, maybe might've effected his kick just a little hearing the footsteps.
:thumbsu:

You just missed one: Norm Goss Medallist (best player in VFL GF) - Jonathan Simpkin. ;)

Thanks bro. It's just too successful a year to remember it all. :D

I think it was our Prez back in 1986 who said: 'The only thing we didn't win was the tiddlywinks competition... and when does that start?'

DONE IT AGAIN!! DONE IT AGAIN!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy We are the 2013 Premiers!!!!! Do the autopsy, express your joy.... all the good stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back