Universal Love We 'heart' Geelong... yay.

Remove this Banner Ad

They are the unsuccessful older brother who comes home every Christmas desperately trying to talk about his past achievements for recognition from Mummy and Daddy. Being the loving parents they try their best to comfort him and fake enthusiasm.

"Those VFA flags are very pretty. Great job! That 'dynasty' was excellent. Proud of you!"

So unfortunate that his more successful, more attractive, wealthier younger brother can come home with legitimate achievements and something you can truly be proud of.

3peat > 1peats.

Cmon guys don't forget those VFA flags

They count even though there was no league, no finals and half the games were against junior teams.

Cmon guys don't forget those VFA flags

They count even though there was no league, no finals and half the games were against junior teams.

And the Shats won those VFA flags when Geelong was a 2 day trek from Melbourne by bullock dray .

I guess it still is.

And the Shats won those VFA flags when Geelong was a 2 day trek from Melbourne by bullock dray .

I guess it still is.

I used to work out there 3 days a week - my colleague and I used to pass the time in the car by counting how many stolen/abandoned cars there were on the highway to Geelong. Most days count got into the high teens - with new cars appearing almost daily. Quality place, Geelong.

Considering that we are out and they are still in, this thread is kinda like some lame attempt to save face, in all honestly f**k Geelong, who really cares?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering that we are out and they are still in, this thread is kinda like some lame attempt to save face, in all honestly f**k Geelong, who really cares?

I agree with the "f**k Geelong" thing.

Perhaps we delete the thread next week if they win, but leave it to develop if they lose?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As the OP I'll Justify the thread. The season for me ended on Friday night, so I don't really care who's in or out. Anyway, it all started because I went to congratulate the Dogs over on their board, and because I mentioned they could beat Geelong, I got a cat fan all up in arms—in their thread. Then, because our board quieted down a little I went through a bunch main board threads. I had never really realised how salty Geelong fans were, it's almost like the flag comes second to our dynasty winding down. Then the memories of our relationship to their club came rushing back, I realised again how good it is to be on the Hawk side. Anything big bro does, we'll do better. The thing is if they win this year I'll be happy for them, mostly because history suggests we'll probably bounce back and outdo whatever they come up with.

So this thread is a toast to the special relationship we have with the 'the greatest team of all' and a thanks for all the LoLs they've provided over the years—because there are a lot of them.

Plus, they have about ten threads on their board discussing our success, so why not return the favour.

Of the remaining 4 team? Probably. Against Sydney though, I believe a significant minority exist.

I dare say the $ydney hatred still grows strong in many of us - and likely will until a certain cretinous bastard up there retires. As it stands I hate Essenscum and $ydney more than I do Geelong. I honestly don't hate the club - but I can't stand their coach and their fanbase are a bunch of absolute flogs of the highest order. My preference of premiers this year would be Bulldogs, GWS (hate that they are this high), Geelong and the $wines easily last.

I dare say the $ydney hatred still grows strong in many of us - and likely will until a certain cretinous bastard up there retires. As it stands I hate Essenscum and $ydney more than I do Geelong. I honestly don't hate the club - but I can't stand their coach and their fanbase are a bunch of absolute flogs of the highest order. My preference of premiers this year would be Bulldogs, GWS (hate that they are this high), Geelong and the $wines easily last.

Pretty much my order too. Despite the fact I think Selwood abuses the rules to his advantage more than rushing behinds ever was an abuse, and despite the fact Scott is a douche of the highest order, I still respect Geelong as a team, they haven't gotten the old AFL helping hand quite like Sydney and GWS (but one flag from GWS to avoid sydney or geelong winning is fine by me).

Aso guys, the Dogs flag was 1954, not 1953 lol

Obsession is having a thread dedicated to another club on your own clubs board

#straightsets
Don't troll here.

This isn't the main board.

I actually respect Geelong. Was a wonderful side, with great players all over the park.

They achieved much and should be respected. That we beat them in 2008 only makes that flag so much more special.

Sure, they also annoy me. But I have to respect them for what they achieved, their sustained success and the footy they played.

Sorry, I'm not doing this right, I know.

I actually respect Geelong. Was a wonderful side, with great players all over the park.

They achieved much and should be respected. That we beat them in 2008 only makes that flag so much more special.

Sure, they also annoy me. But I have to respect them for what they achieved, their sustained success and the footy they played.

Sorry, I'm not doing this right, I know.

No, that's in the zone. It's hard to hate a side that has given us mostly joy over the last few decades.

They are the unsuccessful older brother who comes home every Christmas desperately trying to talk about his past achievements for recognition from Mummy and Daddy. Being the loving parents they try their best to comfort him and fake enthusiasm.

Anything big bro does, we'll do better. The thing is if they win this year I'll be happy for them, mostly because history suggests we'll probably bounce back and outdo whatever they come up with.

Seriously, where is this 'big brother' crap coming from? If anything, we're the big bro with all the premierships and accolades. They'd be the annoying little bro trying to prove themselves constantly to us and we're like, whatever, when it matters we'll smash you. In the meantime, stop being so f***ing annoying. And that's all they are. An annoying, small town, little brother, trying to be relevant in the AFL competition. Danger has stopped them momentarily heading back into the wilderness, but that won't last too long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love We 'heart' Geelong... yay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back