Universal Love We 'heart' Geelong... yay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Had the chance to chat with Jimmy B at a mutual friends party. After all those years of hating him on the field, I have to say, he was one of the nicest guys.

That being said, I feel sorry that the Kennett curse never netted them a premiership against us. (Am I doing this right?)

Had the chance to chat with Jimmy B at a mutual friends party. After all those years of hating him on the field, I have to say, he was one of the nicest guys.

That being said, I feel sorry that the Kennett curse never netted them a premiership against us. (Am I doing this right?)
My one and only encounter with the guy...lets just say, in my opinion he's a really shit bloke.

Seriously, where is this 'big brother' crap coming from? If anything, we're the big bro with all the premierships and accolades. They'd be the annoying little bro trying to prove themselves constantly to us and we're like, whatever, when it matters we'll smash you. In the meantime, stop being so f***ing annoying. And that's all they are. An annoying, small town, little brother, trying to be relevant in the AFL competition. Danger has stopped them momentarily heading back into the wilderness, but that won't last too long.

They are a billion years old with an ounce of success.

Bet there's a lot of "hearting" going on at the handbaggers board at the moment.
This is what I've come to expect of the cats though, they provide us with a lot of joy, we let them have a bit of an opportunity and then they blow it big time.

This is what I've come to expect of the cats though, they provide us with a lot of joy, we let them have a bit of an opportunity and then they blow it big time.

The Cats are our rivals!

In everything but football.

Nah I came in here because there is a Bay13 post quoting posts in here, I wanted to go to the source to see what all the lols were about. But yeah you're right we have those types of posts on our board too but of course any of us who post in here are not lurkers, because a lurker by definition wouldn't post ;)

Feel free to join the discussion.

Do you still heart Geelong?

The article on him and his prick of a dad made Jimmy look like a champ. I like the guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

final throw of the dice failed....got two good players rest are chockers....good thing is were getting a better draft pick and jaeger tom mitch and vickery....cant wait to destroy them next year....

I was cheering for Geelong tonight... well I would have if there was anything to cheer for

Can't think of a less competitive prelimanary final

Reckon Richmond in 2001 gave it more of a go in the first quarter

May Geelong eat the biggest back of dicks ever. They will always be a shit club that had an outrageous purple patch in 2007-11. They call us piss and shit, well, we piss and shit greatness. They just think they do. Sure, they won a gazillionty H&A games over the past ten years, but here's how the FINALS records stack up in that time:

Finals 2007-16: Hawthorn 16-8, Geelong 14-9.
Preliminary finals 2007-16: Hawthorn 5-1, Geelong 4-3.
Grand Final record 2007-16: Hawthorn 4-1, Geelong 3-1.
Finals head-to-head 2007-16: Hawthorn 3, Geelong 2.
Preliminary finals head-to-head 2007-16: Hawthorn 1, Geelong 0.
Grand Finals head-to-head 2007-16: Hawthorn 1, Geelong 0.
This is supposed to be Geelong's "greatest ever era", and we still shade them (just!) in every stat that matters. :D

Last edited:
My one and only encounter with the guy...lets just say, in my opinion he's a really shit bloke.

I've heard both good and bad things in regards to Jimmy, hard to know what to believe. Is his good guy persona all an act or is he genuinely not a bighead, hard to tell

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love We 'heart' Geelong... yay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back