Official Club Stuff Wearing our prison bar guernsey for a home final

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm interested in responses for this question from the 93% of Port Adelaide fans who followed the side in the SANFL or are unaffiliated with the SANFL.

What would be your choice of:

A) Port Adelaide agrees to rename its SANFL squads the Power, cannot merchandise anything as "magpies", but it can wear the PB guernsey in the AFL; or
B) Status quo...with this being the last time we ever wear the PB.
Woah A
Nicknames are crappy anyway. Power is better than Magpies.

As a guernsey the bib is a better design etc. But the history of the PB means it wins for me every time, even though this is by far the most successful season I've seen the magpies play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I want to make history in BiB. I was born in '94 so I didn't grow up to watch the PBs become what they are today. So I want to see that happen with BiB. I want to see our current guernsey gain the respect that the PBs have to the older folk on here.

I want to make history in BiB. I was born in '94 so I didn't grow up to watch the PBs become what they are today. So I want to see that happen with BiB. I want to see our current guernsey gain the respect that the PBs have to the older folk on here.
I'm in a similar boat. Why don't we just win 36 premierships in the BiB?

The PB isn't a permanent fixture and the BiB will be around for a long time. Just enjoy seeing the boys play in a guernsey that will further entrench in people's minds around the country where we've come from, and when we do win the premiership they'll be in the BiB, which is what people will really remember.

I don't know if that makes sense. I've had a few beers.

I'm interested in responses for this question from the 93% of Port Adelaide fans who followed the side in the SANFL or are unaffiliated with the SANFL.

A) Port Adelaide agrees to rename its SANFL squads the Power, cannot merchandise anything as "magpies", but it can wear the PB guernsey in the AFL; or
A

The PB isn't a permanent fixture and the BiB will be around for a long time. Just enjoy seeing the boys play in a guernsey that will further entrench in people's minds around the country where we've come from, and when we do win the premiership they'll be in the BiB, which is what people will really remember.

I don't know if that makes sense. I've had a few beers.
Makes perfect sense. I am all for the PB was just saying that we should also win 36 premierships in the BiB. :D

I think the oddest part of this is that it even existed in the first place. Had it been a night match there could have been a reason for wearing a clash jumper that was lighter than the Richmond clash jumper. And we do have a white one already. The decision would still be hugely unfair but the AFL could point to some warped thinking as to why they felt it was logical.

But with the game at 2.50 Richmond could play in their normal jumper and a clash wouldn't happen. They played the cows, who have a darkish jumper, under lights and did not wear a clash jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trick question maybe?
There are too many vocal minority supporters of the magpies to let them die.
I think the club would be like things to remain the same?
The opposing SANFL clubs would like to take the magpies out of the equation and be a Power B grade side in my opinion
Maybe in time it may happen like that especially if there is ever an AFL reserves competition.
Brisbane,Sydney,GWS and Gold Coast have reserves that play in the North Australia league who travel interstate at times.

2 positives to come out of this saga for me:

1) It's been such a monumental PR embarrassment for the AFL that they'll finally have to do something about their farcical clash policy.
2) I've finally had it with 5AA and switched off for good. The tipping point was 5 minutes this morning:
  • soundgrab from tearful "Port fan distraught about not wearing the home jumper" that was almost certainly a fake caller
  • Rowe calling KT's claim of 93% of Port members having Magpies affiliation a lie, while not having the guts to say it to him live the day before. I also remember one of Trigg's final interviews where he claimed it was only a small % of disgruntled Crows fans and Rowe said nothing to challenge. Seriously, what would have a higher approval rating - PBs amongst Port fans or Trigg amongst Crows fans, LOL
  • Penberthy "won't somebody think of the children with their teal gear who will be upset by a non-teal guernsey"
Clubs need to embrace clash guernseys and might be surprised at how popular they can become. Southampton won their only FA Cup in a change strip and to this day (almost 40 years later) the club shop still sells retro kits in those colours because of the nostalgia amongst fans.

Here is the problem our club has that can easily be overcome by releasing short DVD's to members to help them understand Port Adelaide Football Club.

The BiB has equal respect and admiration as the PB to the older folk...... why, because THEY ARE PORT ADELAIDE. Its here, where the respect from the younger supporter base have to give at these times for our club and the older folk who always seem to wipe a tear from there eye from the pure pleasure of seeing the PB back at Adelaide oval. There will be some there from 1965, that will have flash backs with a grin from ear to ear.

When you love a club, you love every aspect of it and provide support when its needed, consider your self married to the club.

Hopefully, the guy who calls himself a radio announcer in the morning on 5AA, has the mind set to go on that the younger supporter will not understand and thinks that all the memorabilia that kids have at home with Teal in it will confuse them even more. Which is not the case if the parents teach the children why the club wears the colours it does and at the same time provide a full history lesson of the club in a equal and un biased view of the club and how we entered the AFL.

WE, want to make history no matter what colours we don on the day, just as long we a called "Port Adelaide Football Club". that's what we were called when we won the 36prems.

In saying that, you can drop the Power and the Magpies..... keep donning on the PB in the SANFL, and don on the PB on special occasions (don't care Ed) in the AFL along side the BiB.

At the end of the day, the most important part of our club's IP, is the name, that's sacred ....... Jumpers/Guernsey's come and go....

I am twice your age, and to see Port back in the 80's when we were taking on AFL teams made me so proud then and extremely emotionally proud now (= immediate), itching and waiting for us to get into the AFL, so for us OLD folk, it means more to us than you will ever know......

And to echo what others have said, what better stage to don on our PB..... the closer the day comes, more and more it will make sense.........

I will be donning on my PB for this day........don't care how long it takes to roll the PB over my gut..... (might just pre stretch it on Friday, ready for sunday :D)

2 positives to come out of this saga for me:

1) It's been such a monumental PR embarrassment for the AFL that they'll finally have to do something about their farcical clash policy.
2) I've finally had it with 5AA and switched off for good. The tipping point was 5 minutes this morning:
  • soundgrab from tearful "Port fan distraught about not wearing the home jumper" that was almost certainly a fake caller
  • Rowe calling KT's claim of 93% of Port members having Magpies affiliation a lie, while not having the guts to say it to him live the day before. I also remember one of Trigg's final interviews where he claimed it was only a small % of disgruntled Crows fans and Rowe said nothing to challenge. Seriously, what would have a higher approval rating - PBs amongst Port fans or Trigg amongst Crows fans, LOL
  • Penberthy "won't somebody think of the children with their teal gear who will be upset by a non-teal guernsey"
Clubs need to embrace clash guernseys and might be surprised at how popular they can become. Southampton won their only FA Cup in a change strip and to this day (almost 40 years later) the club shop still sells retro kits in those colours because of the nostalgia amongst fans.

Unfortunately my fellow Saints fan, the 1976 FA Cup is the only major trophy we have won and that's the reason fro the nostalgia.:$

COYR:)

They don't arrive until saturday morning is that the story?

Surely we have some PB's they can train in before then

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Wearing our prison bar guernsey for a home final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back