Official Club Stuff Wearing our prison bar guernsey for a home final

Remove this Banner Ad

I can kind of understand the AFL saying that they want the least clash possible between two teams, however it doesn't explain their inconsistency, last year they didn't make Carlton wear their away strip against Richmond when they were the 'away' team, which is where they appear to just want the traditional vic jumpers on show. This isn't withstanding the whole white shorts debacle which often makes things worse (ie Freo having to wear white shorts v hawthorn in a gf).

This is why I think something has changed this year, and C7 is having more input

We have never before had issues with out clash outside one night game against the WCE, yet now twice in one year?

As for Carlton, we clash against the saints, we don't against the blues. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to wear our normal kit as much as possible, but it just underlines how off the cuff and reactionary the clash policy is.

As for the shorts, dark for home, light for away needs to go. Should be dark for dark, light for light, and IF there is still an issue (ie both teams dark) away then goes light

Hopefully in the off season this is sorted out - I think it will given reports WCE are gathering the troops to raise this with the commission and demand changes (something I fully support)

As for Carlton, we clash against the saints, we don't against the blues. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to wear our normal kit as much as possible, but it just underlines how off the cuff and reactionary the clash policy is.

Yeah I'm not saying there is a clash against Carlton, more that it doesn't match with the 'new' policy that finals require the biggest contrast between two teams regardless.
Have nothing against Richmond in this whole process just the AFL and their standard make things up as we go along way.

The Gen Y's seem to be watching the much larger contrast, and have raised concerns about watching it on smart phones for instance.

Watching TV on anything smaller than a 23" wasn't recommended when I was a kid, and certainly not watching from a close distance. The definition on current tellies is obviously much better today, but looking at something on a 3-inch screen is just asking for trouble with your eyesight.

I'd disagree with that, because I think it comes down to how you do it. Yours is a great example. Retained your shape, retained your colours, its clearly Port Adelaide. You look at the lions, hawks, eagles, and crows, their white with cartoon all look the bloody same.

For me personally a clash should have two jobs. To create a proper and sufficient clash for those games its needed, AND to reflect the history and culture of the club

Clubs can still do the cartoons, just leave them for the pre-season comp

I'm not sure who is to blame for the cartoon jumpers but taking the Crows as an example, their SANFL guernsey would be a great clash guernsey for them in the AFL.

It would have been great to have the Tigers emblem on it to show

Port logo V tigers with a date and venue mentioned on it...

I saw this in the World Cup and I think it was gonna be a huge collectors item...

Missed out this time, but for future games in the finals or the GF if we make it. Could of auctioned off the jumpers or put them into a competition for new members for next year. The promo could be this, grab a Port membership and be in the chance to win one jumper worn at the 2014 elimination final. Win win for both member and club.

Watching TV on anything smaller than a 23" wasn't recommended when I was a kid, and certainly not watching from a close distance. The definition on current tellies is obviously much better today, but looking at something on a 3-inch screen is just asking for trouble with your eyesight.
People were rarely short sighted until the invention of the printing press.

Incidentally, earlier this year I saw a little kid wearing a half BiB / half PB jumper which looked pretty cool. Am assuming it was a custom job and he has the opposite one at home
There is a guy that jogs along the beachfront at Henley Beach who wears a half prison bars, half 2004 premiership guernsey.

Well considering we warm up in a opaque prison bar top, really we are just completing the game day set for AFL now as it should always have been. I think we should wear this one at least twice a year against the Crows and have it as a home guernsey so then we have two home choices and away we still have two choices (being white and the BiB)

With the precedence now set,

ie ---- wearing the Prison Bars,

WHY CAN'T we wear them to ALL our home games.

All Collingwood need to do is wear their away strip / ok invent one and the league grow up, this is after all the 21st Century, move with the times, let the clubs and supporters have their traditions.

I hope the club gives those workers something as a sign of appreciation.

I see this as a big marketing opportunity.

Get our players lead by Fiji Bob to fly to Fiji and thank them, before they all head off on there Overseas holiday. Almost half the players seem to go to the USA so this would be on the way - oh Sunrise might have to spend the week in Fiji promoting how great a tourist destination it is.

Bugger it - get it on video that if you want the prison bar jumper made without the dopey AFL logo on it (or SANFL one ie just like pre 1977 jumpers) send your order direct to ISC factory in Fiji. The beauty is the AFL have no control over the wharf and pylons design. That hasn't been signed away to the pricks at AFL House.

Use it as a bit of soft Australian power to get Fiji back in the commonwealth. Get our old mate D-Rod who along with Fiji Bob are multicultural ambassadors, to come along and maybe help start a dialogue between traditional Fijians and Indian-Fijians.

Turn Fiji into what the club and Lockhart Road are trying to do with Hong Kong and southern China. Lets make a silk purse out of Mark The Moron Evans sow's ear.

Melbourne blew their chance in Shanghai - the Bulldogs have blown their shot at Fiji. Time for Port to come in and fix it up.

Does anyone know if the prison bars (amount, style etc) represent anything in particular? I haven't ever heard that and I have spent half an hour googling with no luck.

Crows flog on FB trying to stir up Port supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if the prison bars (amount, style etc) represent anything in particular? I haven't ever heard that and I have spent half an hour googling with no luck.

Yes it represents the wharf and pylons at Port Adelaide. Prison bars was some BS invented in the 1960's.

Read this thread from May this year when the Saturday Tsier did a double page spread on Jacko and the wharf and pylons were clear to see where the design came from.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-truth-behind-the-magpie-guernsey.1062920/

"The AFL" made the decision to force us into our "White Strip"

Who is / are the AFL ???

Ok we know the head face of them ,
but who are the background making the clubs upset.
One man surely cannot be responsible for these Bloopers,
the blind has too be led by the blind considering the amount of incorrect rulings
that are happening too non VFL traditional clubs

Initially represented the Pylons of the dock I think but the "Prison Bar" design dates back to well before 1880.

With the precedence now set,

ie ---- wearing the Prison Bars,

WHY CAN'T we wear them to ALL our home games.

All Collingwood need to do is wear their away strip / ok invent one and the league grow up, this is after all the 21st Century, move with the times, let the clubs and supporters have their traditions.

I think that ship has sailed, we have an awesome AFL jumper, but now there is a decent shout to have the prison bars become a proper alternate kit. For some reason our new black jumper clashes with teams like Richmond and Essendon, but supposedly the prison bars do not. We should wear it a few times away and once at home every season.

Collingwood do have home and away jumpers that work.

Design, not use by Port Adelaide. I have drawings from 1880 with the design.
Are you talking jumper design or the design of the wharf??

This

Really showed the clubs professionalism and "can do" capabilities, no wasted time whinging and whining (by the club anyway), they just found a solution and implemented it. Job done!

What company would not want to partner with such and organisation ?

Our club showed it has "WHAT IT TAKES" It was only a problem until the simple solution was found with the PB's. Job's done = Job's right!

I see this as a big marketing opportunity.

Get our players lead by Fiji Bob to fly to Fiji and thank them, before they all head off on there Overseas holiday. Almost half the players seem to go to the USA so this would be on the way - oh Sunrise might have to spend the week in Fiji promoting how great a tourist destination it is.

Bugger it - get it on video that if you want the prison bar jumper made without the dopey AFL logo on it (or SANFL one ie just like pre 1977 jumpers) send your order direct to ISC factory in Fiji. The beauty is the AFL have no control over the wharf and pylons design. That hasn't been signed away to the pricks at AFL House.

Use it as a bit of soft Australian power to get Fiji back in the commonwealth. Get our old mate D-Rod who along with Fiji Bob are multicultural ambassadors, to come along and maybe help start a dialogue between traditional Fijians and Indian-Fijians.

Turn Fiji into what the club and Lockhart Road are trying to do with Hong Kong and southern China. Lets make a silk purse out of Mark The Moron Evans sow's ear.

Melbourne blew their chance in Shanghai - the Bulldogs have blown their shot at Fiji. Time for Port to come in and fix it up.

If I was in marketing I would have begun "salivating" at the announcement of the PBs. I see plenty of upside in this for PORT ADELAIDE and the wider Port Adelaide community in so many ways. The sponsors and new sponsors will joyful at being associated with a "FEEL GOOD" Football Club.

If I was in marketing I would have begun "salivating" at the announcement of the PBs. I see plenty of upside in this for PORT ADELAIDE and the wider Port Adelaide community in so many ways. The sponsors and new sponsors will joyful at being associated with a "FEEL GOOD" Football Club.

Upside is the appropriate word, I reckon half this board barred up when the announcement was made

clashjumper.png
That bumblebee look is so ****ing great man, should definitely be used IMO but the complete departure from the sash means there'd probably be too much backlash.

That bumblebee look is so ******* great man, should definitely be used IMO but the complete departure from the sash means there'd probably be too much backlash.

Actually its quite popular

at the moment votes are going 70% the yellow with black sash, 10% the white with black bordered yellow sash, and 10% the bumblebee

FWIW we won 2 VFA flags (1902 and 1905) in the bumblebee, so its even respecting our traditions

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Wearing our prison bar guernsey for a home final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back