3.5 Marks.

Dale Morris
241 Games, 5.4 Kicks, 6.6 Handballs, 12.0 Disposals,
4.2 Marks.

Welcome on board the taller version of Dale Morris and just
as good a club man. Have not been this pumped since we
landed Travis Cloke last year for peanuts. At least his AFL
fantasy price is higher than Jake Stringers.:(

Please don't compare Jackson Trengove to Dale Morris again.

I, and a few other Port supporters, are hoping Impey will go with Jacko. That should tell you something.;)

Impey is one of a number of players who show potential but do not deliver consistently. His best is good but it simply isn't on show for long enough. Impey is only 22 and under Beveridge's game plan he could blossom. Jason Cripps is quoted in yesterday's Adelaide press as saying, He [Impey] is contracted for next year and is a required player, but List Manager's always say that just to play hard ball. From what I have heard I think Impey would prefer to stay with Trengove so you guys are a chance.

Is he a small forward ?

I put this on the Port board a couple of hours ago but I reckon doggies supporters might find it useful as to why we regard him so highly. Just want to add I reckon I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall when Jacko and Bob Murphy have a couple of beers to introduce themselves and have a chat about footy.

I started the Jacko appreciation thread in March 2014 on the start of his 5th full season of AFL footy, after spending 2009 getting his leg right after in 2008 ripping the hamstring off the bone and subsequent nerve damage and playing about 8 games for the Magpies in the 2nd half of the season. This was the 9th post in that thread by cmpower. Remember Jacko was drafted the last week of November 2008. He had only just turned 18 at the start of November.

I hope he becomes an All Oz defender and sticks it right up a few coaches arse.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/jackson-trengove-appreciation-thread.1055202/#post-32292479
My love for Jacko started before he played a game for us.
In November 2008, my grandmother, the rock of our family passed away.
About a 3-4 weeks later My dad was at the Glanville, having a beer as he does. Jacko and the port boys were there having a few drinks as they do every off season, my mum came to pick my dad up, my mum as always is wearing a port top. A few boys got around her, gave her a pat on the back and she was smiling again, for first time in a long time.
Jacko personally went up to my mum, and chatted to her for almost an hour. He said to her "I've moved away from home, I love my mum. I have know idea what you are going through, but can't imagine anything worse right now"
He bought her and the old man a drink a toasted to my nan. Since then I have had nothing but respect for the man, and my mum has nothing but praise and it's a story she'll tell to anyone who will listen.

One thing I have liked our free agency approach is players that are good culture blokes and really friendly

I know we only have Suckling and Trengove (now) but it shows the club isnt just rushing out to sign free agents for no reason

Most of you guys aren't old enough, but Lou Richards always commentated about "Jim Edmonds". As did Jack Dyer and others. And he was captain!
I do remember (cringe).

And now we've got Easton Woods as captain in waiting.

What is it with these SA clubs having an abundance of kpd's and we struggle for years??????????
We got Logan Austin too, forgot to mention him :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just warning you guys. He will bring the biffo in training. Perhaps even during the warmup in a routine training session. Such is his single mindedness for competition. Will feature well in preseason training and lift the standards of training through his sheer enthusiasm.

Sorry to see him go. Good luck to a great club man
Biffo! Exceleeeent

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Has Dale Morris ever won a best and fairest because
Jackson Trengove has, they are both known as
great men to have around a club and are both very
similar in their output as defenders. Similar types
do not have to be compared.

I don't deny that you might be right about trengove being a good locker room guy but please stop.

He looks like he should be an actor in "The Vikings". I like. Hope he plays like one. Reading the respect for him from Port supporters and comparing that to our respect for Crossy makes my heart happy after one hell of a shitty week.

Get to know new recruit Jackson Trengove, with westernbulldogs.com.au identifying five facts about the Bulldogs utility.

1. At 20 years of age, Trengove remains the youngest ever winner of the John Cahill Medal (Best and Fairest award) when he tied with Travis Boak in 2011.

2. Was a member of Port Adelaide’s leadership group in 2017.

3. His career high disposals (28), marks (12) and handballs (16) came against the Bulldogs in Round 22, 2011.

4. Played his junior football at Strathmore and Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School.

5. Has a one year old daughter with twins on the way, due in March.

Least we are sticking to our usual plan of recruiting guys who perform well against us.

Devastated to see him leave, quality bloke who will continue to be loved by this Port supporter regardless of what colours he's in. You've got yourselves a ripper Dogs fans, look after him.
Hope we do. I'm gobsmacked by the love of this guy by Port. We've got a gem by the look of it. Crossy analogy spot on.
Thanks to Port fans too.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome aboard Jackson Trengove

Remove this Banner Ad

Back