List Mgmt. Welcome Jack Petruccelle (Pick 38, 2017 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rotham/petch/jones incredible how long they’ve lasted. Even Jacko Nelson had a better body of work before he got cut.

Fraser McInnes was on the list for 8 years and played 14 games. The club's allergic to delisting or trading underperforming players. Pretty much the reason we are where we are right now.

Pretty sure Liam Ryan has two more years left on his deal after this year as well.

Tbf I reckon a heap of our spuds would be established AFL players had they been drafted by a club with better development. Now they're past the point of no return even if they made a move.

Tbf I reckon a heap of our spuds would be established AFL players had they been drafted by a club with better development. Now they're past the point of no return even if they made a move.

Hard agree.

You don't come through all the development pathways prior to getting drafted and flunk out at the rate of our picks unless something is going awry after you get drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has scope to be a good inside midfielder, especially at centre bounces. At a good club he'd be a much more accomplished player.

'Spud' 'lol' 'delist' = people who lack creativity.

Maybe?? Outside mid you meant not inside yes?
A good footballer however will make it anywhere.
He was never a good footballer, he was a young player who they thought they could turn into a footballer. Big difference.
Anyway we got another year for him to make it, for his sake I hope he finds a way.

Fraser McInnes was on the list for 8 years and played 14 games. The club's allergic to delisting or trading underperforming players. Pretty much the reason we are where we are right now.

Pretty sure Liam Ryan has two more years left on his deal after this year as well.
Big **** truck survived so long due to the lack of fwds and then after NN went down they wanted ruck insurance. But yeah he did get a ride along but it’s not as bad as these hacks.

Maybe?? Outside mid you meant not inside yes?
A good footballer however will make it anywhere.
He was never a good footballer, he was a young player who they thought they could turn into a footballer. Big difference.
Anyway we got another year for him to make it, for his sake I hope he finds a way.
Imo Petch has much bigger potential as an inside mid than outside.

He's surprisingly strong and very evasive in tight. Then he can feed it out to better ball users.

Playing him primarily on a wing or a flank is setting him up to fail.

Imo Petch has much bigger potential as an inside mid than outside.

He's surprisingly strong and very evasive in tight. Then he can feed it out to better ball users.

Playing him primarily on a wing or a flank is setting him up to fail.

The only thing I will say is his potential days are well behind him.
It’s on him now, the excuses are gone.
You either can or you can’t.

Just one more year bro. He has so much potential bro please you just wait. He’s so quick bro.
Chace Crawford Smile GIF by The Boys

Just one more year bro. He has so much potential bro please you just wait. He’s so quick bro.
I actually don’t dislike Petch that much but this is what I don’t get. Both him and Rotham both looked good early on and were given a couple years after they stagnated and now they stay well beyond they should have. Both need to go.

Yes I know we need players of that age beacket but we definitely don’t need players that are hardly best 22 material

Waterman was in his 8th year at the club in 2024 and elevated himself from fringe player to being in the AA squad of 44

That’s an unlikely trajectory but he’s shown what can happen when an opportunity opens up to play his preferred position

Petch is about to enter his 8th season and I look forward to seeing what, if anything, a new coach can unlock with his pace

I like him and hope he somehow realises his potential, however unlikely that might be

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Jack Petruccelle (Pick 38, 2017 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back