Welcome Welcome Pat Voss - 2024 Season SSP Signing

Remove this Banner Ad

He's really the perfect KPF depth I think. Is able to generate a lot of chances for himself, big body, strong and will only get stronger, can lay a big hit. Obviously his set shot routine needs some major work, but he turned 21 like a week ago.

I think signing him up is a non-negotiable. Fix his routine and he can easily add in 2-3 goals a game.

Also, Essendon fans reckon his set shot was pretty good when he was with them.

People are being way too harsh judges on a young player in a position - big forward - where it is well recognised it takes longer to develop in than others. Voss is showing excellent signs.

I missed it but gotta love the impatience in writing someone off after 1 game.

Treacy looked very ordinary for ages when he was starting out.
Treacy always had a smooth as butter kicking action though, you could see that he's be a natural goal kicker.

Voss not so much

Treacy always had a smooth as butter kicking action though, you could see that he's be a natural goal kicker.

Voss not so much
The big and only concern about Treacy for the first 3 years was his marking. Now wow! Voss can kick, he has shown it at WAFL, it is no surprise that it will take a while to come together at AFL level. His kick that was touched on the line on saturday was a ripper. As was his one handed contested mark - it was a a freak. Imagine the rock hard physicality the two fully mature Treacy/Voss bodies will bring. This would be a whole new definition of chaos ball in our forward 50 for the smalls and Jackson to capitalise on. Chaos not in the sense of the ball but in the sense of the defence's relationship to the ball. Freo could literally be unstoppable.

The big and only concern about Treacy for the first 3 years was his marking. Now wow! Voss can kick, he has shown it at WAFL, it is no surprise that it will take a while to come together at AFL level. His kick that was touched on the line on saturday was a ripper. As was his one handed contested mark - it was a a freak. Imagine the rock hard physicality the two fully mature Treacy/Voss bodies will bring. This would be a whole new definition of chaos ball in our forward 50 for the smalls and Jackson to capitalise on. Chaos not in the sense of the ball but in the sense of the defence's relationship to the ball. Freo could literally be unstoppable.
I'd probably need to look at a wider sample, but what I saw of Voss' set shot kicking on Saturday, he swung his leg across the line connecting with the ball. Essentially loses a fair bit of power sideways, instead of having an efficient movement directed towards the goal.

I'd say that's a big part of why that kick didn't make the distance. It also opens it up to greater variability in direction (ie randomness in accuracy).

Treacy on the other hand has a beautifully efficient kicking motion, where 90% of the time all his momentum is directed towards the target. Even his grip on ball maximizes a predictable drop trajectory. It's no surprise he's been lethal with his goal kicking this year.

Voss won't get the most out of his power (and accuracy) unless he fixes his technique as shown on the weekend.

The mystery of TreaVoss must only be spoken of in whispers ...and only on this forum until the revealing!
Shhhh...
Cos...holy chit!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's really the perfect KPF depth I think. Is able to generate a lot of chances for himself, big body, strong and will only get stronger, can lay a big hit. Obviously his set shot routine needs some major work, but he turned 21 like a week ago.
His kicking goes allright at WAFL level. At his current average (3.5goals/2behinds)he would lead the Bernie Naylor Medal had he played all games...

Pat currently sits

1. Outright second in the league for marks inside 50 per game

2. Tied second in the league for ground ball gets inside 50 per game

3. First in the league for behinds per game

His goal accuracy at WAFL level is significantly better so he clearly has it in him to become a serious AFL forward.

Attachments

• 16734B21-D9E2-4F57-AB8C-7C76882A364F.png
    16734B21-D9E2-4F57-AB8C-7C76882A364F.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 0BD61C88-0CA2-4FD3-A569-725CD892FD74.png
    0BD61C88-0CA2-4FD3-A569-725CD892FD74.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 7AD73BD1-10D0-4F56-B846-3984681D5493.png
    7AD73BD1-10D0-4F56-B846-3984681D5493.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome Pat Voss - 2024 Season SSP Signing