News Welcome to Carlton Michael Gibbons & Matthew Cottrell

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news and Gibbons will be really good as he has been stiff not to be playing AFL level before us.

Must admit i do not know a lot about Matty Cottrell and can anyone share some info him?

You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it.

Tony D'Amato
Any Gibbon Sunday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not my first choices, left of field, but I like it

Gibbons could slot straight in to a small pressure forward that will spend time on the ball

Chism Cottrell has some admirable qualities. Is an endurance freak, very good speed and will crack in. Loves to tackle, solid overhead and uses it well both sides of the body. Can play HF( has kicked multiple goals in a game), HB, but I prefer him on a wing. More athlete, than natural footballer.

Needs to lift his production

I said plenty in my reporting from the Qld camp. Congrats to both players. They look like they belong in the group, and both have elite traits and have plenty to offer the group.

Gibbons is a professional, a gun VFL player, likely to step straight in to the best 22 mix. Was apparent that he was comfortable to use his voice and experience to offer another mature role model for the young group. Any doubts I had were dispelled watching on Wednesday.

I had previously been very "meh" on Cottrell, a young athlete who had little or no exposure pre the recent draft. Very much at home in the drills and simulation with the midfield group. Hard at it, but excels when offering options on the spread. Elite runner with both dash and endurance. I suspected he was athlete first and most of us are wary of these types. Came away from training confident he has enough genuine bona fides to be worthy of a spot.

My indifference to these boys has been somewhat due to my high regard for Northern Blues youngster and former Sydney rookie Sam Fisher, and a desire to see him get a spot. I remain hopeful he can earn the last current list vacancy.

Not my first choices, left of field, but I like it

Gibbons could slot straight in to a small pressure forward that will spend time on the ball

Chism Cottrell has some admirable qualities. Is an endurance freak, very good speed and will crack in. Loves to tackle, solid overhead and uses it well both sides of the body. Can play HF( has kicked multiple goals in a game), HB, but I prefer him on a wing. More athlete, than natural footballer.

Needs to lift his production

Cottrell to replace kerridge?

Remove this Banner Ad

News Welcome to Carlton Michael Gibbons & Matthew Cottrell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back