Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Dylan Moore. Extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

If he had another 10cm he'd be frightening. But then again, if he had another 10cm he probably goes top 10 in the draft and we don't get a look at him.

Great use of the body in marking contests from someone that turned 19 a month ago and is 176cm. His endurance was also a big factor today. He was still running up the wing to provide options when everyone else was spent. Which is as good a quality as any if you want to crack Hawthorn's 22 as a kid.

Plays similarly to Jade Gresham I think

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Bang on!
I wanted Gresham as our first pick & this kid is pretty darn close.
Doesn’t seem to have the elusiveness that Jade does but his work rate is amazing. Even a couple of kgs over summer & he may well be putting heat on Poppy for a spot which is exactly what we need

Jesus, he had no right to take that mark so easily. That's high level body work under a high kick that didn't advantage him, against a guy who'd have 20-30 per cent more weight, and height. Incredible.

That was one of the improvement points he spoke a bit about before he was drafted, that he had areas to work on and that obviously due to his size that body work and marking was part of that. Clearly he's been working on it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was one of the improvement points he spoke a bit about before he was drafted, that he had areas to work on and that obviously due to his size that body work and marking was part of that. Clearly he's been working on it!
He puts his hands up above his shoulders and tries to mark it. Already an improvement on Billy Hartung :drunk:

Bang on!
I wanted Gresham as our first pick & this kid is pretty darn close.
Doesn’t seem to have the elusiveness that Jade does but his work rate is amazing. Even a couple of kgs over summer & he may well be putting heat on Poppy for a spot which is exactly what we need

Another that turned a few inside out was Teia Miles, couple of pocket rockets there.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

He puts his hands up above his shoulders and tries to mark it. Already an improvement on Billy Hartung :drunk:

Far more intelligent than Billy Boy from the seems of things too.

Only thing Billy seems to have over him is burst pace which is worth f all when you consider the .2 seconds he has on him over 20m is undone by the 1 second difference in speed of thought.

he actually times his leap to mark the ball exceptionally well, suppose he needs to given he is so small. very good set of hands.

BIG future. I see him in the AFL next year, even at that weight. HF pushing up to wing, as a direct conduit to the forward line - stamina, speed and contested marking nous.

Will spend his career playing on bigger bodies, but was also clean on the ground. A talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Dylan Moore. Extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back