Ultimate Glory Welcome to Hawthorn, Jaeger O'Meara

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How can you smash a bloke in a side getting thrashed constantly and so many passengers?

2017 is a year for JOM to find his feet, not to win the Brownlow.

BECAUSE HE COST US A LOTTERY DRAFT PICK AND THAT MAKES ME SAD SO I'M GOING TO TAKE IT OUT ON THE 23 YEAR OLD WHO ISN'T THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD YET!!!!111

AT is a champ and a smart guy. Pay him some respect
He may be a champ, but when he comes here and states rubbish like "It's my job to be concerned about medical issues" he comes across as a flogger.

Jaeger looked lost on Saturday (mind you he wasn't alone in that). There were numerous times that Shiels, Hodge and others were speaking to him about positioning etc. He is struggling for sure, but some part of that is he is trying to learn the game plan, and when we are getting belted I suggest it is a rather difficult task.

He may be a champ, but when he comes here and states rubbish like "It's my job to be concerned about medical issues" he comes across as a flogger.

Jaeger looked lost on Saturday (mind you he wasn't alone in that). There were numerous times that Shiels, Hodge and others were speaking to him about positioning etc. He is struggling for sure, but some part of that is he is trying to learn the game plan, and when we are getting belted I suggest it is a rather difficult task.

Ancient Tiger is a doctor, it literally is his job to be concerned about medical issues. He was just expressing professional concern here, not trying to cause any offence.

Bit rough bloke. You could tell AT asked a question without malice. muston09 just decided to drop his bottom lip and throw his silver spoon.

Agreed, I can be the first to get snarky to opposition posters who are stirring the pot - AT's comments seemed fairly well intentioned.

We've got a game plan??

Anyone actually know what it is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BECAUSE HE COST US A LOTTERY DRAFT PICK AND THAT MAKES ME SAD SO I'M GOING TO TAKE IT OUT ON THE 23 YEAR OLD WHO ISN'T THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD YET!!!!111

Give it a rest. To spell it out again for those who insist on targeting and belittling a hand full of posters with reservations about the O'Meara trade.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/c186300236df0191dc9e4375f73cc378

HAWTHORN secured picks 10 + 68. (Edit: have removed the points bit they were confusing Adopter89)

ST KILDA secured picks 23 + 36 + 2017 pick 1-18 ((Edit: have removed the points bit they were confusing Adopter89)

(Edit: have removed the points bit they were confusing Adopter89)

(Edit: have removed the points bit they were confusing Adopter89)

If Hawks get 2017 wooden spoon (looking likely) Hawks have traded pick 1-2 to Saints

So as it looks, by my understanding, we have given up Pick 2ish, 23 and 36 to secure O'Meara, which seems reasonable for a player at the top of his game.
O'Meara is not showing any signs of being that player atm. That is undeniable.

Given our current position could we have traded these picks into two first rounders i.e 2 and ? given some of our experienced players are trying their hardest to get moved on atm.

Would you trade pick 2, 16 (hypothetical), 23 and 36 for O'Meara on current form after two years out of the game with an injury harder to come back from than and ACL? Probably not. Some posters are not as convinced as others that he will come good and this is a real possibility based on his type of injury.

These picks (suggested above) and a young FA rejuvenate the club, allow for a mini rebuild and sell hope.

Why have a go at posters thinking along this line? All of us hope things turn out but atm people could be forgiven for thinking the club has made a boo boo.

Last edited:
It's also no point having him at Box Hill, leaving Tom to learn the way we want to player alone.

Tom and JOM need games together. They both need more support though.

The speed of the game is what is killing JOM a few games at VFL level would be good for him where the pace is slower and he can build some confidence and fitness. His last 2 games he's been a liability.

if the club knew this is how we would perform this year the trade would not have been done simple we well and truly over paid . Possibly a player and second round pick would of been offered instead. Atm he is not even close to being the player we hoped, i do believe he will be a very good player because of the footy he has missed but wont reach that elite level . Footy moves quick these days evident by our ladder position sydney and kangas to a point. Surely there isnt one supporter on here that can feel comfortable with what we gave up ?

if the club knew this is how we would perform this year the trade would not have been done simple we well and truly over paid . Possibly a player and second round pick would of been offered instead. Atm he is not even close to being the player we hoped, i do believe he will be a very good player because of the footy he has missed but wont reach that elite level . Footy moves quick these days evident by our ladder position sydney and kangas to a point. Surely there isnt one supporter on here that can feel comfortable with what we gave up ?

I feel plenty comfortable.

Anyone expecting him to be a world beater this year was dreaming. 2017 for JOM is about settling into the side and finding his feet again after missing so much footy. He is not the reason we've started the year as shit as we have.

Give it a rest. To spell it out again for those who insist on targeting and belittling a hand full of posters with reservations about the O'Meara trade.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/c186300236df0191dc9e4375f73cc378

HAWTHORN secured picks 10 + 68 = 1454 points.

ST KILDA secured picks 23 + 36 + 2017 pick 1-18 = between 2302 and 4317 points.

If Hawks win 2017 flag, Saints win trade by 848 points (equivalent of pick 22 for free).

If Hawks finish fifth in 2017, as they did this year (2016), Saints win trade by 1024 points (equivalent of pick 17).

If Hawks get 2017 wooden spoon (looking likely), Saints win trade by 2863 points (equivalent of pick 1-2).

So as it looks, by my understanding, we have given up Pick 2ish, 23 and 36 to secure O'Meara, which seems reasonable for a player at the top of his game.
O'Meara is not showing any signs of being that player atm. That is undeniable.

Given our current position could we have traded these picks into two first rounders i.e 2 and ? given some of our experienced players are trying their hardest to get moved on atm.

Would you trade pick 2, 16 (hypothetical), 23 and 36 for O'Meara on current form after two years out of the game with an injury harder to come back from than and ACL? Probably not. Some posters are not as convinced as others that he will come good and this is a real possibility based on his type of injury.

These picks (suggested above) and a young FA rejuvenate the club, allow for a mini rebuild and sell hope.

Why have a go at posters thinking along this line? All of us hope things turn out but atm people could be forgiven for thinking the club has made a boo boo.

People who play the 'who won the trade based on the point value of picks' game are as bad as those who think that a player's form should be based purely based on what someone's SuperCoach score was.

There are two camps.

Camp 1: Is big and powerful with many Chiefs. It does not rate draft picks. It has well credentialed posters, in the know, that are adamant that O'Meara will become the mighty fearless leader they have been promised, in time.

Camp 2: A small reservation with reservations.

People who play the 'who won the trade based on the point value of picks' game are as bad as those who think that a player's form should be based purely based on what someone's SuperCoach score was.

That points part were part of the HS article not my posting. It was put up to clarify the picks given up.

If you are happy with the picks scenario, good for you some are not. Supercoach has sfa to do with my post.

I'm ok with the trade for JOM, we have always been bold at the trade table and it's basically always come off well for us. He has time on his side!
Clearly the club didn't see this fall coming so brutally but it has. I'm sure the club didn't expect that JOM would have to be our no 1 midfielder at this stage of his comeback, give him time.
I'm more concerned about our leadership, the 24-28 year olds. They should be the ones we are relying on to stop the rot, they seem to still be expecting hodge etc to still do it.
If these guys can't put their hand up in the next few weeks trade them for picks and spend late picks on good clubmen/trainers to set the example for our kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back