Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, James Worpel, pick #43 2017 - Peter Crimmins medalist 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

To me he was trying to soccer it, probably struggles to get down that low at Pace anymore much like Hodgey
At the last minute when he realises he's been beaten and thinks he's about to be run through he gets the arm up and tries to brace himself but Worp speed goes around him and he almost falls over from the expected contact that didn't eventuate.

Don't think he lined him up and tried to take his head off as much as I'd like to say so

Disagree, the little flourish at the point of contact (or had there been if Worpel didn't comprehensively beat him) shows he was prepared to bump with his elbow. It happened quickly, but that flourish is being led with the elbow and could have resulted in a horribly dangerous collision.

To me he was trying to soccer it, probably struggles to get down that low at Pace anymore much like Hodgey
At the last minute when he realises he's been beaten and thinks he's about to be run through he gets the arm up and tries to brace himself but Worp speed goes around him and he almost falls over from the expected contact that didn't eventuate.

Don't think he lined him up and tried to take his head off as much as I'd like to say so
Nah I don’t think he tried to take him out either. But I don’t think he wanted contact either, just expected it. He has slowed down a bit and I think you’re right about him not being able to bend over.

Andrew Walker was right! This kid is a gun! Watching him on Saturday was a privilege and I can't wait to see more of him!

Great recognition for the WORPEDO. Really impressed with the young bloke. He is tough, skilful and just looks like he has a great attitude. Future leader for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. I think he pulls out of the kick cause he realises it’ll be kicking in danger and all he can do is try and bump him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back