Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Josh Ward. Extends to 2025!

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it Worpel that had a dedicated sprinting coach a few preseasons ago? Wardy could benefit from something similar this off season to get that first 5m acceleration, Worpel’s speed away from the contest is very good now

Was it Worpel that had a dedicated sprinting coach a few preseasons ago? Wardy could benefit from something similar this off season to get that first 5m acceleration, Worpel’s speed away from the contest is very good now
That was Finn

I'm still trying to work out whether Dewyyyyy is Josh Ward's mother, brother, lover or player manager. :tearsofjoy:

Never has there been so much love for one man.:heartpulse:
Sure there has. Tassie Cryptik on Nash, Simon Crawshay on Scrimshaw, etc.

To be fair on Dom, he'll argue every Hawks player is elite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still trying to work out whether Dewyyyyy is Josh Ward's mother, brother, lover or player manager. :tearsofjoy:

Never has there been so much love for one man.:heartpulse:
😂😂😂

Just enjoy watching him play footy, been big on him since he was drafted, and his off field work ethic stuff is just as impressive.

Love Lewis for the same reason ❤️

This was a good piece of play showcasing his talents, clean pickup, swerving out of traffic, able to follow up with a second effort and breakaway long deep kick to the advantage of Chol.

View attachment 2049072

This was also a key part in his game yesterday, multiple smothers, here’s one.

View attachment 2049074

I noticed that smother in the game but what I liked most on replay was the follow up....really smart play in my view to keep it in front of him without taking possession in a really dangerous area (ironically as shown by Worps at the end of that play)

He’s got a fair amount of work to do - and the coaches are into him about “stoppage craft”.
He’s never going to be a tough inside mid like Newcombe or Worpel, but he should become more like an Anthony Condon type of player, or Clinton Young.

I had him marked down as a future captain, but that’s before Day emerged as our next leader.

He’s got a fair amount of work to do - and the coaches are into him about “stoppage craft”.
He’s never going to be a tough inside mid like Newcombe or Worpel, but he should become more like an Anthony Condon type of player, or Clinton Young.

I had him marked down as a future captain, but that’s before Day emerged as our next leader.
But Anthony Condon WAS a tough inside mid :think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Josh Ward. Extends to 2025!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back