Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Lloyd Meek

Remove this Banner Ad

Really liked what Meek brought today.

Not sure what his HTA were like compared to Reeves, but I did like that he really competed hard and didn't let the opposition rucks get easy taps.

Also thought he had a great presence in general play. Was like an extra midfielder.

Really liked what Meek brought today.

Not sure what his HTA were like compared to Reeves, but I did like that he really competed hard and didn't let the opposition rucks get easy taps.

Also thought he had a great presence in general play. Was like an extra midfielder.
All Meek has to do in the ruck contest is compete hard and make the opposition ruckman work hard for his taps.

If he does that and then contributes around the ground like he did today that's the making of a more than handy ruck.

I'm thinking he could end up like prime Nankervis which would be a great outcome.

It wasn’t long ago any suggestion on this board that Meek should be our number 1 ruck copped huge criticism from posters. He’s pretty clearly a level above Reeves now. If he can add contested marking to his game he could be a really top level ruckman.
I still have the scars!!

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

All Meek has to do in the ruck contest is compete hard and make the opposition ruckman work hard for his taps.

If he does that and then contributes around the ground like he did today that's the making of a more than handy ruck.

I'm thinking he could end up like prime Nankervis which would be a great outcome.
Yes with the rule change this year it means he can use his bulk in the actual ruck contest. No ruckman is allowed or wants to jump at the contest anymore. Meek’s desire to want to get involved after the ruck contest is great and will mean he is now our Number 1 ruck

It wasn’t long ago any suggestion on this board that Meek should be our number 1 ruck copped huge criticism from posters. He’s pretty clearly a level above Reeves now. If he can add contested marking to his game he could be a really top level ruckman.

I said before our ruck situation i afar from settled, and it probably still isn’t. But to have meek reeves or ramma waiting in the twos is a nice problem to have

My highlight of the night was when Meek took the ball out of the centre bounce and hit up Rama for a goal. I had an instant flashback to Fitzpatrick vs Collingwood all those years back when he did the same but went all the way himself.

His mobility to win centre bounces and take it out of the middle is something which excited me when I saw his highlights at Fremantle when he first came across. More of this please. :thumbsu:

Really impressed with great game by Meek. Hope he continues on this trend.

Hopefully seeing his form will remind some posters not to be so bloody minded about their opinions on where players sit in the pecking order and what their future potential is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A broken clock is right twice a day. Let’s see if he can back it up this week.
People carrying on as if Cox & Cameron are All Australians and he belted them.

Cox is near on the worst ruck in the comp. Cameron is ok though he gave us trouble in 2022 when he had about 25 and kicked 2 or something like that.

Big week for Meeky this one though doesn’t get any easier week to week in this comp. If Rowell gets first service we are in for a world of pain

A broken clock is right twice a day. Let’s see if he can back it up this week.
People carrying on as if Cox & Cameron are All Australians and he belted them.
Worst
Analogy
Ever

Really loved his crash and bash once the ball is live which has helped us start to halve the centre clearances.
He’s also competing quite well in the air most of the time, which was something he had to get better at.

I hope he builds on this and starts to throw his weight around more.

Really loved his crash and bash once the ball is live which has helped us start to halve the centre clearances.
He’s also competing quite well in the air most of the time, which was something he had to get better at.

I hope he builds on this and starts to throw his weight around more.

I said it in the game thread but I feel his becoming the Robbie Campbell of this rebuild which was part of the unsociable list of players we had I thought,

I agree I hope he can throw his weight around to look after the little blokes.

He's played two very good games. His work outside of ruck contests is far better than Reeves' and his ruckwork, yesterday in particular, was good. I didn't put too much weight on his game against a Geelong second gamer. Cameron and Cox are not stars but they were a premiership winning combination 6 months ago so getting the better of them as he did was impressive. This week poses a real challenge. Witts is a quality player and Gold Coast's midfield is a stoppage machine.

JOM plus F4 for Meek plus F2. I loved JOM but I think we can mark that trade down as a win.
I thought we did at the time? It was pretty clear that JOM as good a person he is and player he was at his best, was in clear decline and not part of our future.

I thought we did at the time? It was pretty clear that JOM as good a person he is and player he was at his best, was in clear decline and not part of our future.
It was a great result- think we used that second rounder in the deal for Ginnivan too?

I think it was just a bit of a let down after learning that GWS would have given up a late first for him, but he was always going back to Perth once Freo became interested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Lloyd Meek

Remove this Banner Ad

Back