Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Lloyd Meek

Remove this Banner Ad

If there was a Mr Universe competition held for rucks the podium would be as follows:

1st place: Lloyd Meek
2nd place: Lloyd Meek
3rd place: Lloyd Meek

Absolute unit. Actually, I reckon he could enter his left leg only and still win!

I think that’s it - in time we need him to develop into the bloke that sets the tone in physicality and aggression in the ruck and around the stoppages. Nash, Newk and Worpel too.

I’d say all except worpel failed to meet that standard. But they are young and relatively inexperienced and will no doubt get better.

I think that’s it - in time we need him to develop into the bloke that sets the tone in physicality and aggression in the ruck and around the stoppages. Nash, Newk and Worpel too.

I’d say all except worpel failed to meet that standard. But they are young and relatively inexperienced and will no doubt get better.

Agree I don’t get the same unsociable vibe about this side that I got from a developing 08 side yet I’m hoping it develops.

One of the most dominant ruck displays I've seen from a Hawk in a looooong time.

Apart from Jackson's 5 minute burst in the 3rd quarter Meek spanked him.

I mentioned in the Gameday thread Jackson was all over him in the 3rd. Man did he make me eat my words.

Meek simply dominated that last quarter. What a great game by the big fella.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Wouldn’t be without a sneaky chance in the PCM this year as well, he’s been super consistent.

Been the best year from a Hawks ruck since I don’t know when, maybe back when Salmon was dominating in the early 2000s (I’m not counting Big Boys body if work as I always thought he was more of a classic utility than a pure ruckman).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez the big fella gives his all on the field, he just wants to be the #1 ruck & gets involved in all parts of the play. He got out worked against 2 very mobile opponents last week & absolutely came back hard against his old side & a very good player in Jackson, yesterday. He's having a massive influence on how our team plays & wins.
Stoked for him

Darcy Cameron had the better of him last time. Huge test this week.

Hope he’s had this circled in the calendar for a while.

Lets be honest here, most AFL ruckmen had had the better of Meek the last time they played him before this season.

His growth as #1 has been as rapid as it was surprising. His tap-work may not be as dominant as Ned, but it's 1000x better than it was, and is no longer a weakness.

His tap work for the first two goals on Sat was next level.

Obviously the second one to Bruest over the top was pure sex, but watch him at the throw in for Worpel's opening goal. Meek beat Cameron and taps it into space right as Newcombe just burns off Crisp then gets it off to Worpel all alone.
Beautiful set play that was set up by a deft tap

Such a huge part of this team

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Lloyd Meek

Remove this Banner Ad

Back