Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn - Mabior Chol

Remove this Banner Ad

+1
I knew he could be a viable forward target, but I had no idea he would be so good with his work ethic, tackling and pressure.

Turns out this guy has had the talent all along but never found a home to call his own.

Richmond did not value him.
Gold Coast prioritised other players.
The one season he was played as a main KP forward he smashes through 40 goals, then demoted the next season to the reserves.

Is it any wonder he often looked disinterested at both clubs?
Why would you care when you were not valued?

Sam Mitchell says "I want you at Hawthorn" and we put an arm around to make him feel wanted - aMaZiNgLY - he is playing the best footy of his career.

Casboult is in the Gold Coast twos now apparently

Yearly reminder that Hale kicked 8 goals on Scarlett

Had some great games up forward, and not downplaying his achievements, but reckon Chol has some great games ahead of him, and his ground level work makes him a very unique proposition.

One of the greatest chants at the footy is yelling CHOLLLLLLLLLLLL as loud as possible for the opposition fans to be driven mad by the end of the game, highly recommend

PlayerSet ShotsAccuracy
Tyson Stengle1974%
Josh Treacy3272%
Darcy Fogarty2770%
Mabior Chol2669%
Joel Amartey3868%
Jacob van Rooyen1968%
Aaron Naughton2268%
Oliver Henry2665%
Bobby Hill2365%
Charlie Curnow4365%

Well done Mabior great effort and thanks for coming home, ;) to the Hawks. This along with your tackle count, best season ever!

PlayerSet ShotsAccuracy
Tyson Stengle1974%
Josh Treacy3272%
Darcy Fogarty2770%
Mabior Chol2669%
Joel Amartey3868%
Jacob van Rooyen1968%
Aaron Naughton2268%
Oliver Henry2665%
Bobby Hill2365%
Charlie Curnow4365%

Well done Mabior great effort and thanks for coming home, ;) to the Hawks. This along with your tackle count, best season ever!
During summer one time after training he was practicing goal kicking with the Wiz, Ginni and others and he was always egging them on for a bet ….. for a coffee. At the end of the session when he was walking back to the change rooms I asked him, “how did you go with the coffees today?”. He replied, “they all owe me plenty!” with a big smile on his face 😀. He has a beautiful routine kicking for set shots

Last edited:
He's such a great pick-up, both as a talent and culturally, it really makes you wonder...
I still think this industry has a long way to go in understanding and accepting players with different cultures or personalities.
The afl and its media does a pretty good job at being inclusive of players of different cultures. You could argue that accepting different personalities needs more growth.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said at the start of the year that we'd be in a great position if Mabs, Gunners and Ginni combine for 75 goals.

So far they've collectively banged through 49.

I based this on the comparison to Kosi, Greene and Brockman last season, for those on the main board who didn't think we'd actually improved our forward line.

Those 3 kicked 42 collectively for anybody keeping score.

I said at the start of the year that we'd be in a great position if Mabs, Gunners and Ginni combine for 75 goals.

I based this on the comparison to Kosi, Greene and Brockman last season, for those on the main board who didn't think we'd actually improved our forward line.

12 months on out of the blue the transformation and improvement in the forward line is incredible. Take my hat off to the club but I’m also putting it down to a bit of luck. Chol could have picked another club, Dear not pursue footy, Ginni decides to stay with the reigning premier, Wiz gets picked up by North …….

Zero doubt that our forwardline is way better and THIS was the one thing I wanted from this year so I am more than stoked personally

12 months on out of the blue the transformation and improvement in the forward line is incredible. Take my hat off to the club but I’m also putting it down to a bit of luck. Chol could have picked another club, Dear not pursue footy, Ginni decides to stay with the reigning premier, Wiz gets picked up by North …….
Yes, it's nice to have a forward line potentially full of A graders.
Yes, I agree there is luck, you always need a bit of luck to be successful.
However, the drafting and recruiting was brilliant in 2023 and sleepy Mark and his team really deserve the kudo's. There were some risks in our selections, folks saying the Wiz too small and you don't take a small forward with your high pick, Chol was said to be too lazy, lackadaisical etc. The recruitment team did their homework and we have been rewarded. Even Ginni has performed better than simply an opportunistic forward which he was painted as. Dear only got a look in because of misfortune.
Add Ambrosio, a real steal, to the haul and we have a year of recruitment that will be looked on setting up our tilt for a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back