Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 19: Ryan Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
cf6b999656ea047b0bcd4fdb52a9bc95.jpg

There is no doubt who burton is now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some quality on display out there today, had Lewis directing him and he picked a better option a couple of times. Looks very comfortable in the back half which is excellent for someone at this stage of his development. Even showed some hints of Mitchell-esque "making time stand still" to take the best option for disposal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very clean and a great decision maker. He has that little bit of extra time and he reminds me a bit of Pendles in a way. If we get Mitchell and O'Meara and then with this kid likely an "A" grader our next generation midfield won't be so bad overall.

Agree looked like Pendles in his first year to me. Just seems to have lots of time and make space where there is none, very composed. Pretty excited to watch his development over the next few years!!!

I'm very impressed with this young bloke. Love his composure. Clarko has great confidence in him to play at both ends and he's repaying that faith. Can't see him being out of this side again this year. Not often a young bloke fits in so comfortably this early in his career.

Agree looked like Pendles in his first year to me. Just seems to have lots of time and make space where there is none, very composed. Pretty excited to watch his development over the next few years!!!
And the next 3 games.

The past three games he has played he has grown every game in confidence and the experience to win those tight games under pressure you can't buy or that experience.
he will be all the better for the experience I hope the Hawks stick with him in the finals because he is our future.
but it's finals time so if Clarko decides to go with more experienced type I wouldn't blame him but I'm looking forward to big things from him next year I love the hype surrounding the young boy he's gonna be a star

Did anyone else notice him kick the ball out of the goal square after he rushed that behind through??? Solid 45 metre stab pass down the chest of one of our players.

The composure to find a target and hit it like that in such a critical part of the game yesterday, geez this guy is going to be something special

Did anyone else notice him kick the ball out of the goal square after he rushed that behind through??? Solid 45 metre stab pass down the chest of one of our players.

The composure to find a target and hit it like that in such a critical part of the game yesterday, geez this guy is going to be something special
And Hodgey looked to take the kick out, saw he was confident and let him go. It doesn't hurt when your captain has such confidence in you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back