West Coast Eagles Priority Pick (2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

What the * are you even talking about? The soft cap was introduced in 2015, for the start of the season.

The zone defence was introduced because our 2 main key defenders at the time, McKenzie and Brown, both did an ACL right at the start of the season. What 'billion' assistants did WCE have that other clubs didn't, considering WCE also had to work within the soft cap?

The soft cap wasn't brought in simply to cull the expenses big clubs were spending to train and get even a 1% advantage over the competition, it was so basket cases such as North/St Kilda stopped being the gigantic drain on the rest of the competition they pretty much always have been, because they have had inept management for such a long time that they've been nothing but a financial burden on the competition for ages. Why should the majority of clubs be punished because of a few irresponsible clubs continually cycling coaches and paying them out, being in debt yet having a publicly announced 'war chest' to lure players, then getting the wrong players and sending them to the VFL on said contracts, etc?

Basket case clubs who make disastrous off-field decisions shouldn't be given PPs whatsoever, including WCE, yet all we seem to hear every year is how North plan to approach the AFL for more handouts. It's ridiculous. If the club is so inept that it can't be managed properly and have to go begging cap in hand every year in an attempt to remain competitive, then they offer little to no value to the competition as a whole.

At the very least, North appear to have turned it around off-field, as far as financials go. That's a start. PPs should only be given in consideration of other off-field measures that clubs begging for them adhere to and not a few years of poor results.

All the PPs in the world won't turn a shitshow into a competitive side, it just dilutes the integrity of the competition even further.

Again, show me an article where WCE have asked for a priority pick. I'll wait.
Pretty sure every other thread is full of WCE supporters begging for the priority pick.

Unfortunately it will need to continue well into next year to get your second round pick you need to trade. :thumbsupemoji:

Pretty sure every other thread is full of WCE supporters begging for the priority pick.

Unfortunately it will need to continue well into next year to get your second round pick you need to trade. :thumbsupemoji:
Show me threads where WCE supporters are 'begging' for a PP?

I think all of us would be happy to receive one, considering the concessions/financial support doled out to clubs such as yours.

About time we got something back for all the financial support WCE have contributed to the VFL.

If WCE don't get one, I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Show me threads where WCE supporters are 'begging' for a PP?

I think all of us would be happy to receive one, considering the concessions/financial support doled out to clubs such as yours.

About time we got something back for all the financial support WCE have contributed to the VFL.

If WCE don't get one, I won't be losing any sleep over it.
Hahahaahaha thank you

Priority picks shouldn’t exist in any form.

Also, any west coast fan crying poor needs to have a reality check. We’ve 100,000 members and one of the richest clubs in the comp. We won’t be down for long, we never are.

We can’t get relegated. We won’t go bankrupt. Honestly it’s all a bit laughable how much of a fuss is being made. We had some shit list management over 2-3 years and then injuries railed us. Shit happens.

Isn't this now the second time I asked you to show evidence of a claim you've made and again, you've welched?

Keep embarrassing yourself further :thumbsu:

You mean like this?

We need pick 1 & 2
Otherwise there will be beltings every week playing WCE
It wont fix us next year, next year we will probably be worst.
But we help us reduce the drubbings and be competitive quicker
Its a AFL problem now with WCE being so uncompetitive, its unbalancing the comp.

Imagine fighting for a finals spot your team gets knocked out because a oppo team plays WCE
and gets a massive percentage boost.

This is just the beginning so not sure why you're trying to die on this hill

You looking forward to getting down on your knees and begging for a priority pick or are you still so entitled you don't believe it?

This side is close to the worst in AFL/VFL history. Should be pick 2 priority no question

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had another think about it. The only way I’d agree in any form of a PP would be if it’s only to be traded.

Right now, WCE need players in the 80-120game range badly. We’ve either got kids or vets. A first round draft pick that could be packaged with other picks for a fairly good west Australian player in the mid 20s would be much more help than more young talent.

I honestly think a PP is needed for West Coast. North, who were last in the discussion about this were different as at least they had some really good quality kids on their list, kids who you could point to and say "they are going to be good in a few years".

West Coast don't have that. They are older than you would think and they don't really have many kids coming through. North had bottomed out when they were terrible but the scary thing is that West Coast still have more bottoming out to do.

Three sides have won premierships since West Coast last did.

West Coast have played finals in 6 out of the last 8 seasons.

Thats two of the five criteria for a priority pick.

They finished 9th two seasons ago.

This isn't a scenario for first round priority picks. They can maybe get an F2 that they have to trade for a player.

But you don't punish all of the sides who have struggling to rebuild to help out a side who recently won a premiership.

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Eagles Priority Pick (2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back