Game Day Western Bulldogs vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bev sticking to his guns, worked against the Swans, not so much last week with Armitage (although he had 27 to half time I didn't think he had any impact), and Hodge and Lewis against the Hawks.

Bev sticking to his guns, worked against the Swans, not so much last week with Armitage (although he had 27 to half time I didn't think he had any impact), and Hodge and Lewis against the Hawks.

Until we died in the second half of both games, I thought both Lewis and Armitage had limited impact on the game. They were obviously winning the contests, but we were covering that admirably. Hodge was an issue, but with Wallis out and Bontempelli not playing, we'd already lost enough inside the contest without having somebody play the man rather than the ball. As long as we don't run out of legs again and our zone and pressure are consistent, I think going head to head will be okay. They've certainly got the advantage there but I think we can minimise it if we play our best footy.

Until we died in the second half of both games, I thought both Lewis and Armitage had limited impact on the game. They were obviously winning the contests, but we were covering that admirably. Hodge was an issue, but with Wallis out and Bontempelli not playing, we'd already lost enough inside the contest without having somebody play the man rather than the ball. As long as we don't run out of legs again and our zone and pressure are consistent, I think going head to head will be okay. They've certainly got the advantage there but I think we can minimise it if we play our best footy.
Was just actually thinking re Wallis, he is our best at being able to limit his opponent while gathering the ball himself so Lewis & Armitage wouldn't have had the same impact if he had played. I actually don't mind it, and it seems quite a few teams are going that way now.

Was just actually thinking re Wallis, he is our best at being able to limit his opponent while gathering the ball himself so Lewis & Armitage wouldn't have had the same impact if he had played. I actually don't mind it, and it seems quite a few teams are going that way now.
The game is certainly beginning to change again with the new age of coaches (Beveridge, Hinkley, Walsh, etc). High press, heavy running, head-to-head through the middle, zone defence and heavy transition play. It's great. Get the umpires officiating the game properly and everything would be great. ;)

The game is certainly beginning to change again with the new age of coaches (Beveridge, Hinkley, Walsh, etc). High press, heavy running, head-to-head through the middle, zone defence and heavy transition play. It's great. Get the umpires officiating the game properly and everything would be great. ;)
Haha unfortunately I can't see the latter happening, but we live in hope :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank god the short lived days of every kid on debut starting as the sub are gone. Biggest crock. If they are ready; let them off the damn leash.

Run Dale Run!

SPRINTED TO MY LOCAL TARGET TO PICK UP A RADIO FOR TODAY'S GAME.
BLOODY THING DOESNT PICK UP SEN.

I copped that same con from JB HiFi. Why the hell they make radios that don't get all stations I could not tell ya.

Yeah I am going to try. I think ABC grandstand is covering it as well. Well I hope so, it's the only station this bloody thing picks up.

Off to the game as well. I was guenuinely concerned going in to last weeks game, but today I feel far more comfortable.

I think that after an 8 day break we should have run the lethargy out of their legs

it will be critical that our midfield works into the stoppages sharking Sandilands ruck work. We can't afford to have Fyfe and Mundy etc getting first use and racking up clearances

Excited for this. However, I have a nagging feeling it may be a belting. Either way all I ask is for effort and for it to be a learning experience for our young boys.

Haven't won a last quarter since round one, hopefully today is the day we win one again...after winning the first three!

Freos 4th qtrs haven't been great either, so we're not at a disadvantage in that sense

Heaps of Freo supporters in my tram. Hope there is a decent dogs turnout today. Get sum!

Go Dogs!

I
I just dropped in to say I'm looking forward to the Fyfe/Bonty show also!
Fascinating match on paper this one. Doggies could really worry Freo with dash and flair. I'm hoping Lyon has our lot switched on, we will need to be at our best.
Hope its a cracker.
I think you guys will have a good game I'm just curious to see how we respond. Logic tells me due to how young our team is that things are bound to go bad today but I thought the same against Freo. Im heading to the game.. hopefully we get a good turn out !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back