What’s up with Cripps?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bet he requests a trade at year's end.

Who would want a slow inside mid that is easy as piss to play off for a million dollars per year that ends in 2027?

Barring some insane list manager making deals while on peyote we are stuck with him.

Who would want a slow inside mid that is easy as piss to play off for a million dollars per year that ends in 2027?

Barring some insane list manager making deals while on peyote we are stuck with him.
Surely someone in our list management team could convince Crazy Vossy to take a punt on him....

Cripps is cooked, I think his bulked up too much again this season has lost heaps of speed, the ruckman where running past him as if he was standing still at full pace...I also think he tries to do to much with the ball as the expectations of the club making finals this year was high. Its also his mentality his tapped out as he did with previous coaches we had that were on the way out....he needs to relinquish the captaincy for a mental refresher....Is a loyal servant of this forsaken club.

They panned on cripps when he was walking back to the centre bounce for the start of the last quarter. He was grimacing in pain on and off as he walked. And also walking very gingerly.
They need to rest him!
GC game and the bye is the perfect opportunity to rest him physically and mentally. Hewett comes in for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps is cooked, I think his bulked up too much again this season has lost heaps of speed, the ruckman where running past him as if he was standing still at full pace...I
great, given we won’t play him fwd I was starting to go real abstract and thinking we should play him ruck given we are so hopeless in the middle at least then we would have 4 mids to try get a clearance but if he’s that slow.. :$:p

I originally assumed he was carrying an injury but both he and Voss have been pretty emphatic that isn’t the case so the reality is he has been playing very average football for 6-7 weeks now.

I never thoughts I’d say this but I think the time has come to drop Cripps. He is not playing a team game. At times he is either doing too much or too little. He is also showing very little leadership.

Naturally I don’t think hell get dropped so at the very least Voss should consider using him to play one-on-one with opposition’s biggest midfielder. This week for example it would be Rowell.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens at the end of the year. I doubt the club would trade him but it’s possible he may want a move. At the very least I’d take the captaincy off him and give it to Weitering.

In the likely event he stays I think the club really needs to work out what his role will be in 2024, devise a pre season training program to suit that and be prepared judge him (ie drop him) on that each week.

Last edited:
Take what we can get for him at trade time. Absolutely cooked and his terrible leadership on field goes through the team.

His effort at the end of the first quarter last night was laughably bad.

Been playing lame imo. Being captain, he always wants to play. However now we are no chance for finals we really should rest him and get him right.
I am starting to get Marc Murphy 2014 (somewhere around there ) vibes about this. That season Murhy was captain and couldn't get near the ball all year and had numerous people calling for me to be dropped. It was revealed at the end of the season Murphy had been unable to train all year but was still being picked to play as he was the captain.

I originally assumed he was carrying an injury but both he and Voss have been pretty emphatic that isn’t the case so the reality is he has been playing very average football for 6-7 weeks now.

I never thoughts I’d say this but I think the time has come to drop Cripps. He is not playing a team game. At times he is either doing too much or too little. He is also showing very little leadership.

Naturally I don’t think hell get dropped so at the very least Voss should consider using him to play one-on-one with opposition’s biggest midfielder. This week for example it would be Rowell.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens at the end of the year. I doubt the club would trade him but it’s possible he may want a move. At the very least I’d take the captaincy off him and give it to Weitering.

In the likely event he stays I think the club really needs to work out what his role will be in 2024, devise a pre season training program to suit that and be prepared judge him (ie drop him) on that each week.

Rowell would towel him up on the spread & sheer endeavour to make every contest (and then to win that contest).
Cripps is too uncompetitive ATM and then endure the sight of him lugging himself around the ground or tailing someone breaking away from the centre.

Lol all you were saying this about him a couple of years ago and he came out and won a Brownlow. The man is in a form slump and probably carrying something. He’ll bounce back

Cripps needs to stop going to ground. His desperation to find the pill is destroying any semblance of shape in the contest. How about getting some easy ball through hand ball receives? We use him as an aerial target but he obviously can’t lift off the ground at the moment with his ankle issues. This goes for the whole team. KEEP YOUR FEET!

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s up with Cripps?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back