What do people think of Creationism?

Remove this Banner Ad

You need life for life to evolve though surely?

that's a completely different topic to evolution evolution is not about how life came about and you know it. I'm not going to engage in a pathetic point point scoring match where your aim is to get me to try and prove a negative.

If you don't believe evolution can or has occurred put up evidence for it.

Anyone ever watch the BBC doco Conspiracy Road trip from a few years back? In one of the episodes they invite a group of New Earth Creationists on a road trip in America to meet scientists that will try to change their minds.

Anyway there is a some very bizaare discussions that take place. Here is one regarding Evolution and DNA(42:26):

Scientist: What are your ideas on Human evolution?
Moron: So we have Adam and Eve initially, then their children are Cain and Abel. From there, they then had Children.
Scientist: So Cain and Abel have a child?
Moron 2: Cain and Abel are 2 dudes they can't have a kid.
Presenter: The point is you're saying DNA has changed that much in 6500 years ago that it was genetically viable to have it off with your sister?
Moron 3: The bible says it right here that when it was the time of Moses, God forbid brothers and sisters to marry
....Some disagreement amongst themselves...
Moron 3: As we're heading downhill genetically, God drew a line in the sand and said: "Your genes are too close you should stop ******* your sister". :rolleyes:

Also at 16:10, a biologist ask the creationists a question they have no answer for- Where did the Whales go on the ark?

Now for the most part, I have no problems with people with religious beliefs, but why do some of them insist on taking the bible so damn literally? The whole doco is worth watching just for the lulz.

Why would you need to put whales on an Ark? God knew Noah wasn't a few quid short like some these days! ;)

I think the only direct arguments against atheism (that I've heard) are invalid. ie.

There is not one single transitional fossil - LOL
We did not evolve from apes
Noah's Ark was scientifically possble
So were Adam and Eve and talking snakes
Virgin Births
Materializing/transfiguring food
Reanimation
Dinosaurs co-existing with ancient Egyptians

Jesus claims liability for the crimes of others and is murdered as a result (ironically this story is the very origin of modern society's/todays judeo-christian law.. yet we don't allow trading innocents or "fall guys" onto death rows to save the guilty people... what sort've twisted morality is that! We prosecute the person responsible, no innocent should be traded into the sins of another.

Last edited:
I think the only direct arguments against atheism (that I've heard) are invalid. ie.

Virgin Births
Reanimation
Gods son claims liability for the crimes of others and is murdered as a result (this in itself is considered most unethical in our modern society, and this exact story is actually where our judeo-christian values originate from ironic as it is unfortunately)

Its sort of weird , but the garden of eden thing could be seen as an analogy for evolution.
Happy grazing in the garden, until the spark of knowledge gave self awareness and left the blissful ignorance.

Virgin Births
Reanimation

Jesus claims liability for the crimes of others and is murdered as a result (ironically this story is the very origin of modern society's/todays judeo-christian law.. yet we don't allow trading innocents or "fall guys" onto death rows to save the guilty people... what sort've twisted morality is that! We prosecute the person responsible, no innocent should be traded into the sins of another.
A few years ago, a friend of mind who was a devout Christian tried to convince me of the following belief that left me completely dumbfounded. It fits very well into your list above.

Ready?

Wait for it.

God planted Dinosaur bones to test our faith :drunk::drunk:.

This same person also believed Noah's Ark to be an historical event, so I probably shouldn't of been so surprised.

Why would you need to put whales on an Ark? God knew Noah wasn't a few quid short like some these days! ;)

because the amount of freshwater dumped in the ocean would have lowered the salt content killing most of their prey (and if that didn't in the increased pressure would) whilst destroying the much needed minerals that Whales need to survive. not too mention sedimentary run off would have polluted oceans so large algae blooms would dominate tropical regions many of these are toxic turning thousands of miles of ocean into waste lands.

with no land seal's can't survive, meaning killers and sharks can't eat them without a main prey the turn on each other. navigation ability of whales get's all screwed up as no land mass to navigate. (its too far down for most species to survive) and on and on the cycle of death goes.

now my brain isn't all that wired for math but here goes for every 10M's (give or take) of water there's 1 bar of pressure. if the entire globe is flooded in this huge flash flood (that's everything) mount everest is 8,848M's high. covering that adds more pressure at current sea level then any living whale has ever been recorded diving to and its much deeper than almost any whale can can exist in.

the deepest diving whale can reach a depth of 2,250 metres thats approximately 225 atmospheres.
once the world is flooded to reach the base of mount everest would require you to surpass 884.8 atmospheres.
even if the the sperm whale could survive the entire horrific flood and stay near the surface it's no air breathing prey wouldn't have moved nor had time to but let's pretend they miraculously survived it's food now rests 11098M's below the surface. thats 1109.8 atmospheres.

Fun fact sperm whales can only hold their breath for about an hour this is how they reach such depths many return from these super long journeys exhausted to the point where they can barely move. (which is why they prefer to hunt around a 1000 metres)

you think these whales are going to dive to depth which they've never reached before at a pressure they have never experienced and return to the surface with their food in just 1 hour when reaching a qtr of that nearly kills.

and we haven't even reached the issues with air atmosphere yet.

The cool ones wear bucket hats and sunnies on a serious Ark journey;particularly if religious.
They also don't drink too much in case of dehydration

(Log in to remove this ad.)

because the amount of freshwater dumped in the ocean would have lowered the salt content killing most of their prey (and if that didn't in the increased pressure would) whilst destroying the much needed minerals that Whales need to survive. not too mention sedimentary run off would have polluted oceans so large algae blooms would dominate tropical regions many of these are toxic turning thousands of miles of ocean into waste lands.

with no land seal's can't survive, meaning killers and sharks can't eat them without a main prey the turn on each other. navigation ability of whales get's all screwed up as no land mass to navigate. (its too far down for most species to survive) and on and on the cycle of death goes.

now my brain isn't all that wired for math but here goes for every 10M's (give or take) of water there's 1 bar of pressure. if the entire globe is flooded in this huge flash flood (that's everything) mount everest is 8,848M's high. covering that adds more pressure at current sea level then any living whale has ever been recorded diving to and its much deeper than almost any whale can can exist in.

the deepest diving whale can reach a depth of 2,250 metres thats approximately 225 atmospheres.
once the world is flooded to reach the base of mount everest would require you to surpass 884.8 atmospheres.
even if the the sperm whale could survive the entire horrific flood and stay near the surface it's no air breathing prey wouldn't have moved nor had time to but let's pretend they miraculously survived it's food now rests 11098M's below the surface. thats 1109.8 atmospheres.

Fun fact sperm whales can only hold their breath for about an hour this is how they reach such depths many return from these super long journeys exhausted to the point where they can barely move. (which is why they prefer to hunt around a 1000 metres)

you think these whales are going to dive to depth which they've never reached before at a pressure they have never experienced and return to the surface with their food in just 1 hour when reaching a qtr of that nearly kills.

and we haven't even reached the issues with air atmosphere yet.
Epic reply :D. Can you also tell me if Noah put all the aquatic animals in the same tank with the risk of them eating one another, or did he put them in separate tanks?:drunk::drunk:

On a serious note has anyone here seen the movie Snowpiercer? It's like a modern day Noah's ark but on a train instead.

Epic reply :D. Can you also tell me if Noah put all the aquatic animals in the same tank with the risk of them eating one another, or did he put them in separate tanks?:drunk::drunk:

On a serious note has anyone here seen the movie Snowpiercer? It's like a modern day Noah's ark but on a train instead.

I wonder if can can find a stream.

that's nothing i still want to know how kangaroo's, and platypuses reached the middle east.

Of course it does. Philosophy and questioning existence goes back to the start of civilization. It's a big part of the human psyche.

and religion does not ask questions it provides bullshit answers to reassure those that are asking.
very basic's of fraud take a vulnerable person, prey on their weaknesses and fears and then explain the costs.

I find it interesting when you consider the history of the stories, they're stories that have been told for thousands of years across the entire world.

To believe them today is a bit like believing that Jack and the Beanstalk is truth, and getting yourself into an argument about it is just as ridiculous. But people can believe whatever they want, I don't really care.
I hope you're not thinking of disparaging Jack......
Where would both the bean and gold industries be without his trailblazing exploits.
Entrepreneurial prospectors made this country....MATE!!!

Of course it does. Philosophy and questioning existence goes back to the start of civilization. It's a big part of the human psyche.
I'm sure he mention religion in his reply, in relation to thinking, not wondering or questioning.

and religion does not ask questions it provides bullshit answers to reassure those that are asking.
very basic's of fraud take a vulnerable person, prey on their weaknesses and fears and then explain the costs.

True. I don't think most people who follow religion take the fundamentalist approach though.

True. I don't think most people who follow religion take the fundamentalist approach though.

I have zero proof to back this up, and cbf looking...however the rise and popularity of Pentecostal and Evangelical ministries with their emphasis on speaking in tongues and divine healing, across the world, (not only in developed countries), would definitely suggest otherwise.

I would wager that the more moderate versions of Christian worship are in sharp decline, whilst the more fundamentalist off-shoots are gaining strength rapidly.

That is of deep concern to me.

A look at the current Australian governments front bench is a good illustration of this trend.

Remove this Banner Ad

What do people think of Creationism?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back