What should we do about J. Brown in Round 1?

What to do about Brown?

• Gilham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Croad

• Dawson

• Guerra's right elbow

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

play croady on him, hes underdone anyway. I dont think his impact will be massive. We need to shut down the midfield of power black and these sorts aswell dont forget.

We'll be right start off with a win is my prediction!

Croady would be the only one who has a hope of beating him in a one on one i would think. Would definately start Croad. I have my doubts if Dawson will get picked to be honest as there is no one really for him to play on.

Croady would be the only one who has a hope of beating him in a one on one i would think. Would definately start Croad. I have my doubts if Dawson will get picked to be honest as there is no one really for him to play on.

To be honest I reckon we should pull a smokey and play Roughead on him. If that doesnt work then use Campbell as a spare man in defense to drop in the path of the leading Brown. Id rather him take marks on the wing where he cant kill us than do it inside 50.

I reckon our structural set up is too predictable. Everyone knows that Roughead and Franklin are going to line up forward but we have versatility so there is no reason if Roughead isnt doing his job in the forward line, he cant be put on Brown. I actually think pound for pound Roughie could do the job on the big fella.:thumbsu:

Agree. Sometimes there isn't a way to stop players of his ability.

Start Croad on him, Jacobs loose helping out when he can, see how we go, but when we have the ball try to stretch their defence and attack when we can.

Wouldn't mind seeing both Gilham and Campbell get the job on Brown, with Croad to get the job on Charman.
Let Taylor fight it out in the ruck in tandem with Renouf.

Talk about throwing Renouf straight into the mouth of the lions.

I think this matchup may suit the Hawks better than some others. Charman's big and strong and likes to throw his weight but is still very raw as a forward and can often look a little lost when up there, not knowing when to lead and when to stay at home. An experienced player such as Croad could definitely outsmart him and even turn it into an attacking advantage.

Is Renouf a good chance to play? How did he go in the NAB?

I think this matchup may suit the Hawks better than some others. Charman's big and strong and likes to throw his weight but is still very raw as a forward and can often look a little lost when up there, not knowing when to lead and when to stay at home. An experienced player such as Croad could definitely outsmart him and even turn it into an attacking advantage.

Is Renouf a good chance to play? How did he go in the NAB?

Charman didn't look out of place anywhere, the last time he played the Hawks.:thumbsdown: He took some great grabs overhead.
I am glad Bradshaw isn't playing, but not happy about his long term injury.

Gilham definetly!

Croad will use a physical approach and Brown is far too good at that to be beaten. Dawson will use the same approach as Croad but with less affect because he's not as strong or heavy as Croad or more importantly Brown. Gilham won't use a physical approach and instead try to outsmart Brown which is our best bet.

Well have a plan to stop him. Clarkosn will out smart Mathews. He couldnt even beat Carlton and hes not even got Bradshaw so they need to kick to Brown for all there goals and well just block him.

And if Brown starts to get smart, well just send Hodgy to ruff him up.

Charman didn't look out of place anywhere, the last time he played the Hawks.:thumbsdown: He took some great grabs overhead.
I am glad Bradshaw isn't playing, but not happy about his long term injury.

Yeah, he did play well in that game. Although hasn't often been repeated. Is valuable as a shock tactic maybe but still yet to see if he can spend long amounts of time there.

Well have a plan to stop him. Clarkosn will out smart Mathews. He couldnt even beat Carlton and hes not even got Bradshaw so they need to kick to Brown for all there goals and well just block him.

And if Brown starts to get smart, well just send Hodgy to ruff him up.

It's the Hawthorn board so i'll let you guys tell him whats wrong with this statement.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got back from Lions training. Brown looks primed.

Leigh seems to be planning to have one of our ruckman forward at all times, mostly Charman, but maybe Wood as well at stages. Plan seems to be for Brown to play CHF but rotate back to FF for a breather every now and then.

Patfull third forward.

Hard to say thats exactly what will happen, but seems to be what they were practicing today.

To any Hawks fans coming up for the game, hope you enjoy your trip to the Gabba(toir).

Pineapple Hotel is the best place for cheap beers before and after the match.

Remove this Banner Ad

What should we do about J. Brown in Round 1?

Back