What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like guys are going backwards when we are getting beaten. There is not much sometimes in the AFL between winning and losing. Mid level players look great in winning teams and terrible in losing teams. We are losing for many reasons so we say the mid level players are going backwards?
And this is not so much a ‘rebuild’. But a ‘grow up’. We have ‘built’ our list, now is the maturing. We need to give what we are doing a different name. Carlton are ‘rebuilding’.
Great post. Re-tooling or maturing a better word for it.

Hardwick and B Scott are living proof that you don't walk or get sacked after a bad season and a half!

Hardwick is a average coach surrounded by very good assistants and managers.

Scott is being carried by Brown, if he gets injured they don’t win another game.

If you are placing Bev with these two it’s not really a compliment

It looks like guys are going backwards when we are getting beaten. There is not much sometimes in the AFL between winning and losing. Mid level players look great in winning teams and terrible in losing teams. We are losing for many reasons so we say the mid level players are going backwards?
And this is not so much a ‘rebuild’. But a ‘grow up’. We have ‘built’ our list, now is the maturing. We need to give what we are doing a different name. Carlton are ‘rebuilding’.

Every single word of this is wrong IMO.

We are not re building or te tooling or whatever semantics you want to name it because I don’t think the club have acknowledged how bad the list is and how screwed we are.

We are 12 months from even starting a rebulid(which is what we need) and we are now in ithout doubt the worst premiership defense in AFL/VFL history.

AND we still have no idea WHY we needed to go so far back and not just stay on the bloody path that got us a flag.

Our list is average and unbalanced. So many kids prowl in here massively over rate.
We have the worst coaching panel in the league
We have the worst leadership group in the league.
I honestly can’t see how pee someone still think we can improve quickly because we did it before.

The club is broken again it doesn’t just snap and fix. At the moment Bev is coaching as badly as Lyon And the players look un interested in playing for him.

If peole can’t look at how each individual is playing and say they have gone backwards By using stats to try and prove they haven’t then football is not your game.

I love this club but we are nearly in as bad a position as we were at the end of 2014

We are not re building or te tooling or whatever semantics you want to name it because I don’t think the club have acknowledged how bad the list is and how screwed we are.

We are 12 months from even starting a rebulid(which is what we need) and we are now in ithout doubt the worst premiership defense in AFL/VFL history.

AND we still have no idea WHY we needed to go so far back and not just stay on the bloody path that got us a flag.

Our list is average and unbalanced. So many kids prowl in here massively over rate.
I honestly can’t see how pee someone still think we can improve quickly because we did it before.

The club is broken again it doesn’t just snap and fix. At the moment Bev is coaching as badly as Lyon And the players look un interested in playing for him.

If peole can’t look at how each individual is playing and say they have gone backwards By using stats to try and prove they haven’t then football is not your game.

I love this club but we are nearly in as bad a position as we were at the end of 2014

Disagree - future looks bright.

Fit our mid group is as good anyone's and its young and just going to get better.

Bont, Macrae, and Libba are guns
McLean, Hunter, Dahl and Wallis are very good support.
Naughton and Cordy are already good and will be excellent.
Throw in Williams, JJ and Richards
English will be a gun with Boyd being a competent Fwd/ruck.
Put a coupla more fwds and some mid silk in and we are contending.
And that isnt counting Dunkley, Schache, Adams, Daniel, Lipinski, Wood and Trengove.

Fit our mid group is as good anyone's and its young and just going to get better.

And that isnt counting Dunkley, Schache, Adams, Daniel, Lipinski, Wood and Trengove.

Unfortunately just about every team can match us at the top end

Lets look at the lower teams off the top of my head...
Cripps, Murphy, Simpson, Docherty
Zorko, Beams, Cameron
Fyfe, Neale, Mundy, Sandilands, Walters

Everyone has some good young players as much as we do, and they will all improve next year, i have my doubts we can improve more than any other club does.

I like to look at who the opposition will plan for, i reckon only Bont, JJ and Macrae. And to a lesser extent Hunter, Wood. Now obviously teams would plan for more than that but hopefully you get my drift.

Now if i do the same for those other teams
Simpson, Docherty, Kruezer, both Curnows, Murphy, Cripps, Wright
Hodge, Beams, Zorko, Martin, Hipwood, Cameron, Rich
Fyfe, Neale, Mundy, Sandilands, Walters, Johnson, Pearce, Hill, Ballantyne

Last edited:

I really would like to agree with you but so far from you I can’t even ses you mate.

Every team has a decent kid group and ours is no better than mid table at best even with everyone fit

Hunter Dahl and Wallis are all massive problems now due to their lack of speed

Naughton and Cordy are ok and could be very good but are not at that level yet.

Williams won’t make it
Jj is lost
Richards I like a lot

English will be a jet and Boyd is serviceable but will he get better?

Schache won’t make it and Adams is Tom Williams 2.0

-coaching can change and be an instant improvement . but we have to acknowledge that
-its beginning to show that our leadership group arent that good. and not ready to lead.
- we have overrated the list and senior players. injuries might have caught up with wood. JJ only had 1.5 good seasons. roughead isnt a good ruck. libba might be done as a top player, dalh should play forward.
for people bagging sucking, at least he performing more consistently than the others.

-young players i like the look of the recent ones (naughton, richards.)

we have an unbalanced list. massive holes in the team which still hasnt been addressed.

im not sold on the young players yet (dale, lipinski, daniel, dunkley, webb )

I really would like to agree with you but so far from you I can’t even ses you mate.

Every team has a decent kid group and ours is no better than mid table at best even with everyone fit

Williams won’t make it
Jj is lost
Richards I like a lot

hunter, dalh and wallis are really slow players, and their kicking is a liability. they are decent players, but nothing special imo.
i guess a lot on here have overrated the team

could have said that about libba, dahl, wallis... atm they are on a same level as they were 3-4 years ago. and maybe gone backwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

at least 3 .. Bont, Macrae, Libba. 2 of which are either playing injured or not at all. It just suits your agenda to say there are none. Also doubt it is a coincidence you are here when your idol MD is not

lol.. put it this way, id rather listen to MD being honest than you being optimistic.

Unfortunately just about every team can match us at the top end

Lets look at the lower teams off the top of my head...
Cripps, Murphy, Simpson, Docherty
Zorko, Beams, Cameron
Fyfe, Neale, Mundy, Sandilands, Walters

Everyone has some good young players as much as we do, and they will all improve next year, i have my doubts we can improve more than any other club does.

I like to look at who the opposition will plan for, i reckon only Bont, JJ and Macrae. And to a lesser extent Hunter, Wood. Now obviously teams would plan for more than that but hopefully you get my drift.

Now if i do the same for those other teams
Simpson, Docherty, Kruezer, both Curnows, Murphy, Cripps, Wright
Hodge, Beams, Zorko, Martin, Hipwood, Cameron, Rich
Fyfe, Neale, Mundy, Sandilands, Walters, Johnson, Pearce, Hill, Ballantyne

More than half the players you've listed are old, past their peak and nearing retirement. The oldest of our guns is Libba who hasn't peaked.

Seriously if we can cull the right players and recruit the right mature and young players we could be back in the eight next year IMO.

Williams won’t make it
Jj is lost
Richards I like a lot

Williams won't make it? He could hold his current form for the rest of his career and he would've 'made it'.

When fit, we don't have any less A-graders than any other side.

We are developing at least 2 more aswell - plus will be getting another decent swing at a 5th this upcoming draft.
We have two A graders at present and one isn't fit. Bont and Macrae. I would not consider anyone else an A grader. The good news is that in time I see guys like McLean, Naughton and English with that level in them.

On the subject of A graders it’s not that we have dropped off in this area. It’s the B+ A- level players that have dropped off so dramatically since our grand final. Let me name them. (Bont not in this group because he was genuine superstar level).

I’d consider all of Morris, Wood, M Boyd, JJ, Picken, Dickson, Stringer(on his day), Liberatore, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Hunter, all in that range of player at the time of the grand final. None of these players you would consider superstar players at the time but all of them were consider good to very good players.
Since then Libba, Morris, Picken, Dickson have basically been wrecked through injury. Dahlhaus, JJ and Wood have probably all gone backwards and Moyd and Stringer are gone.

Hunter is probably the only one who remains in this category and Macrae obviously has gone up to genuine A grade (Bontempelli level).

And who has filled the breach in this group over the past 18 months. Can anyone name someone apart from Toby McLean in this category. I don’t really see anyone of note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back