What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replayed it about ten times and reckon it was totally exaggerated by Smith but hey thats our game isn't it everyone sees incidents differently and that makes it hard to umpire so for anyone to be picking out just one isolated incident like the Scully one dosent make a lot of sense.
Would be nice if they showed the whole section of play including Dickson being tunnelled out of the marking contest completely, pay that and Scully never gets the ball to start with. But why let details get in the way of a great story......

Just watched the last quarter - again - and noticed that BT completely lost the plot while Dickson was lining up for that last shot. He was screaming, "A point will secure them at least a draw and a goal will win it for them." o_O :D
I got from what he was saying was that if GWS scored a goal after that shot than it'd at least be a draw, with a goal winning it for us. I understood what he was trying to say but delivery was abysmal ahaha.

Just watched the last quarter - again - and noticed that BT completely lost the plot while Dickson was lining up for that last shot. He was screaming, "A point will secure them at least a draw and a goal will win it for them." o_O :D

Not sure he had any idea what was going on in that last quarter! I can't remember the exact details, as the whole game, and replay, and replay of replay, are a blur, but when we were in front already in the last quarter we kicked a goal and BT starts screaming "they have hit the lead!"

I'd be really happy if supporters didn't whinge about negative media or opinion. Nothing anyone says can change the fact that we are IN THE GRAND FINAL. Time to dispense with the chip on the shoulder, it's too heavy a burden. Let them say what they like, it won't make a blind bit of difference to our boys.

My favourite post!!

I don't care what any of them think. The only thing that interests me is that we put in as courageous a performance as we have all year and whatever will be will be

I'd be really happy if supporters didn't whinge about negative media or opinion. Nothing anyone says can change the fact that we are IN THE GRAND FINAL. Time to dispense with the chip on the shoulder, it's too heavy a burden. Let them say what they like, it won't make a blind bit of difference to our boys.
I'd be really happy if we were allowed to discuss the media coverage of our club in the media thread of our board without being told to pull our heads in by our own supporters.

I am loving the Norf board atm. They can't bag our on field any more so they move to our debt. It's hilarious.

They've gone from "yeah but win a final" to "yeah but make a prelim" to "yeah but actually win a prelim" to "****.... but you're still poor!". It's absolutely glorious.

Just worried that if they get a tiny bit of debt Gil will kill them off while he seems to back us in. You're all invited to a pool party at my house when we get good Friday footy and they don't. I'll make sure the pool is filled with Jimmeh Brayshaw's tears. :thumbsu:
Oh gee next week will be fun if we win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would rather Suckers over Jong.
Yes I like the aspect of finals experience but with both having queries with their injuries and Fletch playing so well last week would probably go for no change

David King confuses me. He bases his whole analysis of the game on stats and kpi's. Our team is so very good at these indicators he rates so highly. I've heard him countless times sing our praises due to said dominance in those areas...yet he never tips us and had us missing the 8 at the start of the season:huh:

King tries to be the analytical guy in footy and good on him because there is a huge niche for it in our pathetic media industry.

Having said that- his stats are always dumb stats and he's a dumbass in how he uses them.

Last edited:
King tries to be the intellectual guy in footy and good on him because there is a huge niche for it in our pathetic media industry.

Having said that- his stats are always dumb stats and he's a dumbass in how he uses them.
I hate how he tries to sell it as his own research, there is now way on earth he's come up with that crap. It's a team of fox researchers who have done his job for him.

King tries to be the intellectual guy in footy and good on him because there is a huge niche for it in our pathetic media industry.

Agree wholeheartedly...where is the afl version of Zach Lowe? The guy is so readable because he gets the x's and o's of basketball but he doesn't let it dictate his own thoughts and 'feel' for the game...nobody like him in theafl media and its such a shame

Agree wholeheartedly...where is the afl version of Zach Lowe? The guy is so readable because he gets the x's and o's of basketball but he doesn't let it dictate his own thoughts and 'feel' for the game...nobody like him in theafl media and its such a shame
what's pathetic about it is that there's a fraction of the games to watch in order to do research and the amount of time to do it is much higher here. But they're all f***ing lazy morons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back