What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're being super anal about umpiring, wheres the free kick for Williams striking Picken right in front of umpires?

I find it highly amusing and typically short sighted that they've picked that one out with a minute to go.

Or the non payment of fifties against Scully. Or Bont being physically lifted and thrown aside in a marking contest inside 50.

I'd be really happy if supporters didn't whinge about negative media or opinion. Nothing anyone says can change the fact that we are IN THE GRAND FINAL. Time to dispense with the chip on the shoulder, it's too heavy a burden. Let them say what they like, it won't make a blind bit of difference to our boys.

If we're being super anal about umpiring, wheres the free kick for Williams striking Picken right in front of umpires?

I find it highly amusing and typically short sighted that they've picked that one out with a minute to go.
Agreed.

Also in the first quarter, the first behind that GWS scored was the direct result of a non-call of incorrect disposal that we should have been rewarded with a free kick.

How about Whitfield trying to king hit Macrae and the umpire saying Macrae instigated it...

I seem to recall that somewhere on the OTC segment someone did raise that there were a number of other potential missed umpiring decisions throughout the match, but the ones towards the end of a tight contest always get the most focus. Not sure who it was, but do recall hearing it...

Agreed.

Also in the first quarter, the first behind that GWS scored was the direct result of a non-call of incorrect disposal that we should have been rewarded with a free kick.
And what about their first goal? Hamling hardly even breathed on Devon Smith who took the biggest dive as he knew he was out of position.

And what about their first goal? Hamling hardly even breathed on Devon Smith who took the biggest dive as he knew he was out of position.

Blatant free kick, 1 of 2 dumb free kicks he gave away like that

I am loving the Norf board atm. They can't bag our on field any more so they move to our debt. It's hilarious.

They've gone from "yeah but win a final" to "yeah but make a prelim" to "yeah but actually win a prelim" to "****.... but you're still poor!". It's absolutely glorious.

Just worried that if they get a tiny bit of debt Gil will kill them off while he seems to back us in. You're all invited to a pool party at my house when we get good Friday footy and they don't. I'll make sure the pool is filled with Jimmeh Brayshaw's tears. :thumbsu:

I am loving the Norf board atm. They can't bag our on field any more so they move to our debt. It's hilarious.

They've gone from "yeah but win a final" to "yeah but make a prelim" to "yeah but actually win a prelim" to "****.... but you're still poor!". It's absolutely glorious.

Just worried that if they get a tiny bit of debt Gil will kill them off while he seems to back us in. You're all invited to a pool party at my house when we get good Friday footy and they don't. I'll make sure the pool is filled with Jimmeh Brayshaw's tears. :thumbsu:
Thanks for the tip I am going over for a laugh now!

I still can't go past the fact that the Norf posters on bigfooty were more upset than the Hawks fans when we won the EF.

The Brad v Bevo thread is a real doozy.

Thought that free kick was reasonably obvious.
I replayed it about ten times and reckon it was totally exaggerated by Smith but hey thats our game isn't it everyone sees incidents differently and that makes it hard to umpire so for anyone to be picking out just one isolated incident like the Scully one dosent make a lot of sense.

I still can't go past the fact that the Norf posters on bigfooty were more upset than the Hawks fans when we won the EF.

It's great how any rational argument (by their own supporters!) is given the awesome reply of "Libba is a druggie" or "Bontempelli is a wog".. and their mods allow it. I'm still in stitches from one poster claiming Bontempelli is somehow reasonable for the death of an aboriginal all because he called out Lindsay Thomas.

But don't you dare say Norf to them...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I replayed it about ten times and reckon it was totally exaggerated by Smith but hey thats our game isn't it everyone sees incidents differently and that makes it hard to umpire so for anyone to be picking out just one isolated incident like the Scully one dosent make a lot of sense.
The Hamling push on Smith was there and was totally unnecessary
as Matthew Boyd had great position. JJ coming in on Scully was a
fifty metre penalty every day of the week. Umpires make errors
hell we all do and in close games they highlight those errors. As
long as we still win i don't care, let their tears be extra salty.

Only read a few pages but seemed balanced. Giving credit to Bevo where it's due.

fifty metre penalty every day of the week
. Umpires make errors
Disagree with bolded statement. Scully was off his line instantly and backed away from the mark on a 45 degree angle (towards JJ). Once he had played on, a 50 m penalty cannot be paid. The umps all agreed that he had played on.

fifty metre penalty every day of the week. Umpires make errors
Ok I accept I am a crap umpire and besides I need to get back to the North board its pretty funny over there

We already would have played in 2 grand finals had there been a) competent goal umpiring or b) goal review in 97 and 09. In close games there will always be dozens of dubious calls to scrutinise. Unfortunately for the simple analysts on TV they only think to look at the ones at the death not thinking that if they pulled up all dubious decisions the final decision would have had no bearing on the game. I'm just glad it finally went our way in a prelim. There will always be salty people out there who believe we should never get success. F*** them
A certain St. Kilda poster implied the umpires got us over the line. Guess which team won the free kick count 39-26 in the 1966 GF?

Disagree with bolded statement. Scully was off his line instantly and backed away from the mark on a 45 degree angle (towards JJ). Once he had played on, a 50 m penalty cannot be paid. The umps all agreed that he had played on.
Scully wanted to move the ball quickly and JJ ran straight past him
and did not deviate his line which suggests no play on call. It all
happened fairly quickly and if Scully had not kicked the ball the
umpire would have paid the fifty, specsavers buddy.;)

During On the Couch last night, Gerard Healy made a big deal of how GWS didn't raise with the AFL or the media the alleged infringement of the protected zone in the JJ/Scully 'incident'. Apparently GWS didn't want our Grand Final appearance to be overshadowed by that incident and they didn't want to be seen to making excuses. This after On The Couch had just overshadowed our Grand Final appearance by claiming that the alleged infringement probably cost GWS the game and they inferred that our win is due to the umpiring. David King in particular hammered these points in an extensive 'analysis'. So not only did Healy and co piss on our win, they did what GWS graciously declined to do - they credited the game as a moral win to GWS.

We have embarrassed Healy, King and many other "experts" by repeatedly winning when they have given us little to no chance. It seems the punters on On The Couch are a bit salty, a bit lighter in the pocket and a bit embarrassed by their piss weak analysis and forecasting.

They unanimously forecast a Sydney win, as they do, and again we will make them look stupid...and poorer.

It's in the book ... so we move on. Just before this incident you could argue that Wilson (I think) taking out Tory in a marking contest (tunnelling almost) could be a free to us. They need something to talk about ... that is all I am taking from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back